Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2006, 18:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

If I were u, 185/50/R14 with better brakes is what i'd get.
Quote:
why doesnt anyone talk of fitting the mpfi esteem engine???everyone talks of only carb engines...as the carb esteem engine made around 65 bhp ....thats only 5 bhp more than a mpfi zen engine.so ,wont it make better sense to fit a mpfi zen engine instead of a carb esteem engine.
MPFi esteem engine costs twice as much as the carb engine.
A 1.3 litre engine will anyday have more torque than a 1.0 litre engine.Check the torque figures and u'll know.
Old 10th December 2006, 06:22   #17
BHPian

With the SWIFT diesel with 1.6 engine is about to hit the roads, some one may please comment on the idea of swaping 1.3 petrol engine with the 1.6 diesel engine, w.r.t. costs vs benefits.
Old 10th December 2006, 07:18   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
With the SWIFT diesel with 1.6 engine is about to hit the roads, some one may please comment on the idea of swaping 1.3 petrol engine with the 1.6 diesel engine, w.r.t. costs vs benefits.
It wont be a 1.6. It will be the 1.3 Multijet engine.
Old 11th December 2006, 00:43   #19
BANNED

why are we talking swift diesels here again ?
Old 11th December 2006, 03:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedometer View Post
this may be a stupid question for all you experts...
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Quote:
why doesnt anyone talk of fitting the mpfi esteem engine???everyone talks of only carb engines...as the carb esteem engine made around 65 bhp ....thats only 5 bhp more than a mpfi zen engine.so ,wont it make better sense to fit a mpfi zen engine instead of a carb esteem engine.
Vitamin M. It's way cheaper.

Quote:
also ,can a euro 3 ECU from the wagon r be fitted into a euro2 wagonr
Not likely. The EU III engines will have an EGR setup, IMHO, and I'm guessing the wiring harness will differ, and maybe even the ECU itself. But not impossible, if you have enough time and money.

Quote:
lastly,can the swift ECU be fitted into an esteem directly??
No.
Old 11th December 2006, 11:11   #21
BANNED

ok D-day goin to the garage now, more inputs welcome please. fingers crossed. thanks for the replies till now. app. it. will keep updated. stupid thing i got my paintjob done before engine swap but then i had no intentions in the first place. just a sudden shock. pics later.
Old 12th December 2006, 17:18   #22
BANNED

should i really go for esteem transmission or keep the current one. i want this car to be of daily use. and some times ripping thats it ! goin for new discs and is it ok if i use my current brake booster for a while ? also about tyres am being quoted around 4000 per tyre cuz of low profile. 185.45.14. please advise. i am goin for 14 inchers rest profile and width to be decided.
Old 13th December 2006, 10:35   #23
BANNED

bump !!! no inputs !!!
Old 13th December 2006, 11:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Its better to discuss what needs to be changed with your local guy and then ask the forum for inputs..As each of us would have wanted the setup to be different for our purposes.

Personally..i feel Bigger brakes are a must as well as good footprint..[TYRES]..All the rest can be worked around..Also good tires cost around 4-5K per tyre..U could go in for Tubeless..

Incase of any specific questions..please PM me..

Cheers
Old 18th December 2006, 20:42   #25
BANNED

engine has been started and works well. it is silent as well. doesnt look modded too, so not sure if thats good or bad lol... took 3 days for the entire install and everything. it was overhauled too. lets see the test run tommo.
Old 18th December 2006, 23:03   #26
BHPian

What about the RTO registration?

All the tinkering is fine but in one of the threads I read that Jesal intends to use it for daily commute. I wonder how he is going to get it endorsed in the RC book and get the insurance certificate. In case of a accident you could be in for some real trouble.

hmpup.com

Years ago I had contemplated putting in a Carb Mitsubishi engine in the Amby but was dissuaded by the insurance guys. I envy you though for having so much torque in such a feather weight car. Bye and wear your seat belts.
Old 18th December 2006, 23:51   #27
BANNED

it does not look nice a new engine at all. thinking what to do about insurance myself. have to do some jhol.
Old 19th December 2006, 01:05   #28
BHPian

hey people how much would it cost to drop a carb esteem engine in my maruti 1000?? and jesal could u please let me know what your planning to do regarding insurance??
Old 19th December 2006, 10:44   #29
BANNED

i guess u can get insured. if people can do it abroad. heck we stay in india man. how difficult can it be. running on 3rd party right now. expires in feb. lets see. i really dint so much. i got up one morning and decided i want a ezen next day bought a engine and rest is history. i am also gettin a new car in 2007 so will ride this only on weekends.....
Old 19th December 2006, 12:20   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
lets see the test run tommo.

Well? How did it go? We all want to know!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks