Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2018, 18:20   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford 1.4L TDCI: Injector Failures

I sent an email to Ford customer support yesterday asking for their stand on these injector related issues, let's see what they have to say .
Old 8th March 2018, 18:28   #32
BHPian

I own the facelift model (2013) which is not supposed to have any injector related issue, however, FASS detected 2 had gone kaput during my 20k service. Luckily this was covered under warranty.

Its run 1.20 lakh kms as on now & no issues. However the maintenance I would say is not as cheap or VFM as Ford claims. Their labour charges are high compared to competitors & parts are significantly on par with competition.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 15:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
I sent an email to Ford customer support yesterday asking for their stand on these injector related issues, let's see what they have to say .
I finally received a response from Ford customer care that they will get back to me on Monday 12th March with a resolution.
Old 11th March 2018, 23:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Here is an update from my side on the infamous Figo 1.4L TDCi Injector failure issue.

My car is from 2012 batch and it has clocked 1.10L KMs. When I had given car for 1.1L kms service, SA advised that they suspect issue with 2 injectors. Cost of each injector is 17K. So total of 34K to replace them. Currently I don't have any issue with the car other than occasional extra cranks while starting the engine. I had stalling issue but it was completely fixed after the brake pedal switch was replaced.

After reading some reviews of Figo running for 2L kms with regular wear and tear, I was hoping to keep Figo for another 5 years. Owing to these regular irritants, unfortunately with a heavy heart I have to part ways with Figo.

During the 1.1L kms service they have charged 490 rupees for reprogramming the ECU. When asked about same, SA told that "Sir, we have to re-calibrate the ECU with respect to various sensors in the car once car crosses 100,000 kms". Is it true OR are they are trying to calibrate the ECU for temporarily fixing the Injector issue ?
recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 12:24   #35
BHPian

Still no update from Ford India , they said they'd get back yesterday !
Attached Images

Last edited by techn0l0gist : 13th March 2018 at 12:25.
Old 13th March 2018, 12:49   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

I have this stalling issue on my 2012 Ford Titanium 1.4 Figo. Happens only when I just pull out for the day and does so within the first 10 minutes. What is this related to?
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 15:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I have this stalling issue on my 2012 Ford Titanium 1.4 Figo. Happens only when I just pull out for the day and does so within the first 10 minutes. What is this related to?
Could be possibly linked to injectors, can only be confirmed by a scan with the Ford IDS, or something like Forscan http://www.forscan.org/home.html
techn0l0gist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 12:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Ford 1.4L TDCI: Injector Failures-tcdi_attachment.jpg

Got an update from my friend, he discussed this issue with Ford service center based on this thread, and got a good discount on the injectors.

BIG THANK YOU TO TEAM-BHP
NiInJa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 12:28   #39
BHPian

Can you share the discounted price?
Old 16th March 2018, 13:34   #40
BHPian

There is new link on the forum if someone wishes to get injectors repaired from a third party workshop. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-repairs.html
Old 16th March 2018, 15:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Can you share the discounted price?
He got it for 4k INR each, it costs around 16k per injector. I am not sure which service center it was as I am in Pune and the car under discussion is in Delhi.

He said it was tough to get a good deal as the car was out of warranty and run more than 1.2L kms. But I must say a good job by Ford (or the people involved irrespective of the brand), at least it was not that hard on the pocket for the customer.
Old 20th March 2018, 11:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
He got it for 4k INR each, it costs around 16k per injector. I am not sure which service center it was as I am in Pune and the car under discussion is in Delhi.

He said it was tough to get a good deal as the car was out of warranty and run more than 1.2L kms. But I must say a good job by Ford (or the people involved irrespective of the brand), at least it was not that hard on the pocket for the customer.

I on the other hand have still have got no response from Ford India, they have not replied to any emails nor bothered to get back to me with anything !
Old 26th March 2018, 16:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
I on the other hand have still have got no response from Ford India, they have not replied to any emails nor bothered to get back to me with anything !
I too wrote to them with a link to the teambhp article. Eventhough, I had specifically asked for the company response to the issue in general and not specifically to my car, they put me on a conference call with the local service manager and made him explain to me that injector problems are due to poor fuel quality and low mileage on diesel cars. I then asked the customer service guy since this is known issue around the country,would Ford help in replacing injectors if and when required as they are costly. He refused to commit anything but kept saying "definitely, definitely" and asked me to get in touch with them if I have any injector problems. Below is the summary of the call sent on email.

"Enquiry about injector life :Explained the customer about injector life depends upon the vehicle usage and fuel condition"
Old 1st April 2018, 11:38   #44
BHPian

How old are your Fords and when did this issue surface? My Classic Diesel is 5.5 years old at 50000 kms and i see no such signs.
Old 13th May 2018, 14:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Can the Continental Injectors be replaced with Bosch ones? Also how to tell if the car has Continental or Bosch Injectors?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks