Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 14:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brake Upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
My request to you is, would you recommend me to get brembo disc for my fortuner or should I stick to OEM only? Please suggest

Will wait for your recommendation
I havent used brembo in Crysta but think brembo rotors would be a safe choice as they're a brake company. No point in choosing high priced OEM when similar or better quality is available in the aftermarket. If you get slotted rotors choose that.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 14:46   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
It has been trimmed once at 35k kms and now again showing up slight vibration on brakes pedal at high speed while applying more pressure on pedal.
One suggestion, in future if the technicians say that the rotor is uneven, replace them instead of trying to fix the rotor. Do not settle for anything less than the way it felt when the car was new.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 21:42   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Update on brakes after completing bedding in:

1) Pedal pressure needed to slow down the vehicle has decreased. I am not sure if its the rotor and pad combo doing its job or the cleaned and properly lubed slider pins working its wonder. Anyway my knees are thankful, it doesn't pain much.

2) The bite is linear and aggressive. The faith on brakes is back, quickly hauls the vehicle down from speed compared to crappy OEM brakes.

3) I will never let a workshop or dealer do the front pad or rotor change in the future. One day of breaking my back is worth it and when its done right it works beautifully.
My Innova Crysta 2.4 MT is nearing 45000 Kms. I've gotten the brake discs turned twice and have gone through 3 sets of pads.

At this point I'm confident that both the rotors and pads need to be changed. The judder and fade is extremely evident.

Would be very helpful if you could help with the particulars of the parts that you've used to upgrade your brakes.

TIA
Old 20th September 2022, 17:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Please go to this new thread (Hilux brakes for Innova Crysta | Innova Crysta Brake Upgrade!)for the updates regarding the brake upgrade. If you have any questions ask them there and I shall answer them there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks