Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 12:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Replacement battery for Maruti's SHVS cars?

Yesterday went for the 60K service of CIAZ VDI+. Clutch bleeding, EGR cleaning, Intercooler cleaning was done along with usual oil change.Once the car was about for handover the Auto off light start blinking.

Service engineer tried to disguise by saying that battery is weak and you may run car for some time and it will be OK after that and wanted me to pay the total amount of 12k.I said NO.First prove that.He tried to advise that we see these cases every day and once the battery is charged or changed , it will be OK.

It was already 8 pm and every one was eager to leave asap.I told them clearly I will pay all the amount and leave with the same status of car and if I get stranded somewhere then it will be their responsibility and not to bother me after the feedback.And bluntly told them that I have swift/Scorpio at home as well so not to play around with words.

Looking at my adamant, they changed the battery but the Auto Off light remains blinking.Then they reluctantly connected the diagnosis laptop and it shows error related to clutch paddle.Then they did sone reset of the instrument panel by doing some trick below the dashboard.

And they cleared all the errors and voila the light blinking stopped.

Car has already completed 2 years in Nov 18.Yet to see the prominent symptoms of weak battery.Asked dealer about the cost of new Exide battery, he says 11k.

But if Amaron is compatible and stable, I will prefer Amaron only.

Regards,
Tyagi
Old 7th May 2019, 16:58   #17
BHPian

Presently after running the car for good 6 months with the same battery with no issue whatsoever but for the auto start/stop blinking on the dashboard, it is time.

I am planning a highway journey and don't want to take any risks, so in the market hunting for battery. The showroom has the cheek to say its costs Rs11k+, while on a casual search online it can be had for not more than Rs.9K.

So the options here are few online websites like batterybhai, batterywala and so on.
I am not sure how we can trust the online website with something like battery or tyre without knowing the manufacturing year.

So the confusion is to go online or bargain it out at the local dealer for the same rate.

Options are Exide, Amaron, SF, and AC Delco.
Amaron AAM-PR-574102069 (74 Ah)
Exide MTREDDIN74 (74 Ah)

I am considering giving Exide a chance. Since Amaron came into the market with their good old ad, I switched to it, after cycle of about 8-9 battery changes, I feel Amaron is no superior to any battery.
Old 7th May 2019, 23:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Even if you buy online, a local shop will contact you and send over a person to deliver and fit the new battery ordered. I have changed batteries of my scooter, motorcycle as well as car using online services. Each time, a brand new battery was delivered.
Old 11th May 2019, 14:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Even if you buy online, .

I read this a bit late. I went the store route, where it was quoted 10.5k but after negotiation and exchange he settled for 9k. He was ready to go even more low if I paid by cash, which I did not want to do.

So finally after pushing the battery to its limits, i ended up replacing the CIAZ pseudo hybrid car battery at 34000km on the odo, of which the auto stop/start stopped working by itself 6 months back.

So the verdict is Ciaz hybrid is no saver on its hybrid technology. Battery failed earlier than any car I ever used, costs double to replace, and hardly anyone stocks it.

I am switching that feature off for good, but its annoying to see that blinking light on the dashboard.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 14:00   #20
BHPian

My bad, the auto stop/start feature can not be turned off permanently but you have to press the switch every time you start the car. I am hoping that there is an option someone will point me to.
After living without the auto start/stop, now it is so annoying to have the car do that.
Old 15th May 2019, 14:54   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I am hoping that there is an option someone will point me to.
May be pulling the fuse could be one option but doing so will have the 'A-STOP' malfunction warning light always be ON in the instrumentation console.

Replacement battery for Maruti's SHVS cars?-screenshot_20190515144622__01__01.jpg

I haven't tried this option in my Ertiga ZXi AT though. Shall try and get back.
Old 30th June 2019, 19:39   #22
BHPian

Hi Team,

Today, bought AMARON AAM-PR-574102069 74Ah which is working fine with SHVS.
Cost 7400 INR after old Exide buyback.

Ciaz has done 67k and bought in November 2016.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd July 2019 at 07:18. Reason: Typo
Old 30th June 2019, 19:48   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post

Ciaz has done 67k and bought in November 2016.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi
Hey Lalit, was it giving starting trouble, or just died all of a sudden ?
Old 30th June 2019, 22:19   #24
BHPian

@ptaneja Ji,

Exide was showing the sign of weakness with dimming headlights, low pitch horn. Didn't want to take chance as I take Ciaz almost anytime of the day/night for professional as well as personal work.

After 2 years and 7 months I decided to change.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st July 2019 at 19:29. Reason: typo edited
T Y A G I is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th September 2019, 11:08   #25
BHPian

Got mine changed directly from dealer. Same model, same specs which came with the car.
More details here -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...onship-17.html
Old 30th August 2021, 17:51   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this battery issue? S-Cross, September 2018 model, auto start-stop icon was blinking since few days and now car refused to start.
Old 13th December 2021, 11:09   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

This seems to be a new launch, Exide Mileage ISS for Petrol SHVS cars. Earlier, Conservo was the only available option I believe.

Replacement battery for Maruti's SHVS cars?-img_1_1639312723694.jpg

Replacement battery for Maruti's SHVS cars?-img_1_1639330980810.jpg

Replacement battery for Maruti's SHVS cars?-img_1_1639330961506.jpg

Replacement battery for Maruti's SHVS cars?-img_1_1639330892984.jpg

Source: XL6's FB group
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 17:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
This seems to be a new launch, Exide Mileage ISS for Petrol SHVS cars.
Hi Shashi,

My cousin's Ciaz Diesel SHVS OEM Battery conked. Would it make sense to go for the Exide EPIQ 74 Ah (Link) ?

Seen some of the posts on the Amaron 74 Ah one which seems to work but wanted to double check on the 74 Ah Exide.

Thanks!

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 26th December 2021 at 17:11.
Old 8th March 2022, 00:02   #29
BHPian

What are the odds!

I read this entire thread in the morning and in the afternoon when I was with some relatives in my car, the car refused to start after a brief errand stop. Never started after that. The battery was completely drained. I had no indication or warning at all. No A-Off blink, no degraded SHVS indication, no low battery indicator, no leading warmings like weak horn or weak headlight throw. Car was working fine one minute and dead after a few minutes stop. The car in question is a 2017 Diesel SHVS Ciaz ZDI.

While it was very clear to me at that instance that battery was the issue, what is alarming is lack of any advance warning system. It caught me off-guard and stranded.

Visited Maruti Service center and they have a recommendation for "Exide Mileage - ISS DIN70" only. "Exide Conservo" was not available. Exide Mileage's cost was 9650/- after a 250/- discount for old battery and a 350/- labour charge.

Even Maruti's website recommends exide mileage - https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...re/33610a84pa0
Old 19th June 2022, 12:30   #30

You can get a replacement from the Maruti Service workshop. They gave me a Exide Mileage battery Model : FML5-MLN55 for Rs.7,400/-. But when I enquired at an Exide store, the shop did not have this battery.

SVHS was not working for the first 30-40 Km and now it is working. The Exide Ecoconserve battery seems to be an OEM battery. That is what the Exide dealer told me. So, the Exide Milage is a good replacement.

Initially Maruti workshop told me that Exide doesn't have a battery for SVHS cars. But then another Maruti workshop sold me this battery, which is working well for last 2 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks