Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2006, 14:07   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Flaws in Maruti Swift (all generations)

Maruti is replacing for free the electric window motors in all Swifts. The electric motors were apparently found to be the root cause of the rattling of windows in the Swift. This was communicated to me by RNS Motors, Yeshwantpur when I left my Swift for its 2nd free service today 27-11-06.
Old 27th November 2006, 14:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Checked with a local vendor in Chennai. They say no mails/intimation has come from Maruti to that effect. Asked them to check with Maruti and get back to me.

If they are going to do this, Nice move from Maruti.
Old 27th November 2006, 18:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

I owned Swift VXI, when I asked about rattling problem the mechanic and his manager told me its sports car so after every long trip or If car is driven bad roads one has to fix the rattling sound of swift earlier than whats needed, however they agreed rattling sound issue is too much in swift since it has issues with its design itself, not ideal one for bad indian roads. May be its due to electric motors also.

This flashed me now the news I heard recently "from last 2 years maruti has lot of quality drop in electric and cluth related manufacturing defects"

Also I sold my swift 2 weeks back to my employee who knows my car from day1.

I feel for swift's one or other issues IF its 70K cheaper than the present price its worth car otherwise swift is not VFM for sure...

I faced more than dozen problems with swift and maruti service may be I was unlucky with swift and hopefully lukcy with my new car Innova.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 27th November 2006, 18:44   #4
BANNED

Ya???
That's good action from Maruti. Why didn't they think about this earlier??

The plastics used in the door pads are also of very inferior quality. They should improve the plastics too.
Old 28th November 2006, 20:43   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Got my Swift back today - and the rattling's completely disappeared. The exact parts Maruti has mandated to be replaced on the Swift are the rear seat locks, metal seat clip giving way to a new FRP seat clip, seat-belt holders and and both electric regulators that operate the window motors.

The car suddenly feel a lot taut and cohesive - really appreciate the transformation.

BTW, RNS Motors, Yeshwantpur once again confirmed that the mandate to replace these parts has come from Maruti HQ, for all Swifts manufactured upto May 2006.
Old 28th November 2006, 21:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

ok good to hear you got solution theMAG, I will tell person who baught my swift since its feb 2006 manufactured one. although I didn't notice any rattling sound since my driver has driven its very slowly and carefully, but still if car manufacturer is replacing some defective parts its better to repair it instead of waiting...

Thanks again,

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th November 2006, 06:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
BTW, RNS Motors, Yeshwantpur once again confirmed that the mandate to replace these parts has come from Maruti HQ, for all Swifts manufactured upto May 2006.
It is a good news. I need to check and get this done for my swift. This information will be of great use for all those Swift owners.
Old 29th November 2006, 07:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

I took delivery of my vehicle in July 2006. How do I find out what month it was manufactured in?
Old 29th November 2006, 10:42   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I took delivery of my vehicle in July 2006. How do I find out what month it was manufactured in?
Look at the chassis number and details
Old 29th November 2006, 10:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

Spoken to all the local dealers in Chennai. They simply say they have not received such instructions from Maruti. I had send an email to Maruti to confirm the same.
Old 29th November 2006, 11:07   #11
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the information theMAG I will be soon going to my workshop to get the same replaced. I had been complaining about the rattling problem since i got the car.
Old 1st December 2006, 14:35   #12
BHPian

Reg. the Month of manufacture, can someone tell me how to find that out from the Chassis No. of the Swift. I have tried mapping it to the international classificatino pattern and could only decipher the Manufacturer name that way.

= Emkay
Old 1st December 2006, 16:17   #13
BHPian

Hi all,
Any confirmation regarding the free replacment of parts those cause the rattling by Maruti would be just great. Anyone else other than theMAG has done it? Also could anyoen enlighten how to find out the month of manufacturing of the car from the chasis number?
Thanks in advance
Rajesh Menon
Old 28th December 2006, 20:18   #14
KRN
BHPian

Rattling Problems Fixed!

I got my Swift VXI back from my 3rd service today. All rattling problems have been completely fixed. The dealer replaced the regulator assembly for the front doors and also replaced the rear seat cushion hooks.

I did not have any rattling sounds coming from the rear doors and so nothing was done to the rear doors.

All these parts were replaced free of cost (under warranty).

The car is very very quiet now and drives like new!!!
Old 29th December 2006, 09:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

When does this rattling that is being spoken about here happening? Is it while driving or when the door is being closed. Cause in my swift I dont have any rattling while driving but when I close the door there is rattling in both the front doors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks