Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 20:35   #31
BHPian

Re: lpg on maruti baleno...(advice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
what your mech says is true. A cleaner plug helps better combustion and smooth running of any lpg vehicle. I have been using Bosch 4 electrode plugs for quite some time now.. almost an year/30k kms and everything is gr8. These plugs are expensive though, around 1400 for set of 4 (i m not sure about the pricing, forgot what i paid) but i remember these being expensive, but help you save fuel and give a smooth running to the car ! give them a try, those are better than iridium plugs IMO
Thank you kri$hna for the guidance. Today I visited Sakthi Auto spares, Palarivattam (in Ernakulam), one of the distributors of Bosch. They have shown me the Bosch Fusion 4 pole spark plug (set of 4) to me. Iridium and Platinum is also written on the cover. The MRP was Rs. 2200.00 for the set of 4. But, to my surprise, the date of manufacturing of the plugs were August 2008 ie. exactly 3 years before. In the fast changing technological scenario, 3 years is a huge time gap. What all things in technology must have changed in the last three years !!! The sales person told that nothing happens to the spark plugs even if stored for years.. But, I was totally unwilling to buy a set of spark plugs which was manufactured 3 years before. I feel that any good company must have carried out many improvements in the product over such a long time based on the feedbacks from customers. Therefore it is always better to buy a product which is manufactured within the last 2-3 months or so.

Last edited by KMohanan : 10th August 2011 at 20:43.
Old 21st August 2011, 16:59   #32
BHPian

Fully on LPG

My mechanic has tuned the kit. Now, the car is very smooth in LPG also. Even in cold start also the car is running well in LPG. I have four Auto LPG filling stations on my way to office, without much deviation. So, I am living happily with my Baleno in LPG.
I could not continue my search for the spark plugs since I was busy in the office. I will continue the search once I get sufficient time.
I have compiled a complete list of 'Auto LPG filling stations in Kerala State' with contact telephone numbers for your easy reference. I am attaching the list. Please save a copy for your use while travelling in Kerala.
Attached Files
File Type: xls AutoLPG_FillingStationsInKerala.xls (31.0 KB, 548 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks