Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 00:08   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do premium fuels harm engines?

For MJD engines only pure regular diesel is recommended. As per my limited knowledge the so called good additives can clog up the superfine injector nozzles.
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:54   #212
BANNED

I used Prelium in the BS2, days and even in BS3 days since many places I went to were only BS2. BS2 was 87RON while BS3/4 are 91RON for regular. So 93RON did help. Now with regular at 91 and Premium at 93RON there is nothing to choose. Honda discourages Premium. I use regular and put in System G every four tankfuls or so.

Diesels there are many reports on engines smoking on Premium. Gets worse if you put in an ECU remap (like Pete's).
Old 23rd April 2011, 11:14   #213
Senior - BHPian

Whenever I used premium petrol in my cars and bikes, I noticed that mileage is lower by 1-3 KMPL. I don't know what could be the reason though. But when the car/bike is running on premium petrol engine seems to be little smooth.

I have stopped using premium petrol because of the low mileage and high price than normal unleaded petrol. I hardly see any reason for switching to premium petrol.
Old 23rd April 2011, 11:22   #214
Team-BHP Support

On the contrary, Speed 93 works fine on my M'cycle. The normal petrol makes my M'cycle feel a bit sluggish while cruising. You won't notice any difference if you are riding spiritedly.

I am yet to see any effect of a premium diesel over a normal one. Have tanked up twice with premium & the rest with normal.

Seems, most of fellow Bhpians are suggesting to stick with normal diesel. I shall follow the advise. Though, am yet to know whether tanking up once (say in 3 months) on premium will result in any benefit or not as I said earlier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel
I heard, it has some cleansing properties. Is there some truth in it?
Old 23rd April 2011, 11:44   #215
Senior - BHPian

Recently ,I filled IOC Extra Premium on my Ooty-Bangalore drive .I got a much better FE than usual on the way back.Dunno if it was the downhill drive or a more sedate driving or the fuel that was the reason for this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks