Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2022, 06:07   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Oil leak in my Honda City i-DTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchit_bhp View Post
today I topped up around 1.2 litres, that was the consumption after driving 6500 kms. My mechanic says that nothing to worry.
If your car isn’t emitting smoke or visibly leaking rather than losing oil try to clean the intercooler - just get it removed and spray wd40 / soak in diesel or petrol

It might have got clogged with oil due to over filling and it causes exactly this sort of oil loss without any of the other symptoms of a genuine leak
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 10:41   #47

Today morning just casually opened bonnet of my Honda city zx 2017 diesel and was shocked to see oil leakage near the engine head. Sharing pics below. It looks similar to many others posted in this thread.The odo stands at 98k now. Checked thoroughly for any other leakages elsewhere and found none. Dipstick showed oil level midway between upper and lower mark. Suspecting oil seal failure. As of now i’ve added around 300ml of oil and the level is back to the top mark.

Will be visiting the service center soon. We even had an oil leakage in our Mobilio apparently due to oil seal and packing failure as per the HASS. With many others having similar issues, this shows pathetic long term reliability of Honda idtec engines. We’ve had a city zx 2008 petrol and never faced any issues during it’s ownership.

Oil leak in my Honda City i-DTEC-a3a2716a8edd40a6ab01fb93707df061.jpeg

Oil leak in my Honda City i-DTEC-cd1e81973f234029b128427f272eac3b.jpeg

Oil leak in my Honda City i-DTEC-ee43fce537974691a0814eab9d8cec9d.jpeg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th March 2023 at 11:09. Reason: Spacing
akhil chandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 03:13   #48
BHPian

According to the owner's manual the oil level should be maintained between the lower and upper mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil chandu View Post
Dipstick showed oil level midway between upper and lower mark. Suspecting oil seal failure. As of now i’ve added around 300ml of oil and the level is back to the top mark. Will be visiting the service center soon. We even had an oil leakage in our Mobilio
Old 20th November 2022, 15:35   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchit_bhp View Post
According to the owner's manual the oil level should be maintained between the lower and upper mark.
True that, no issue with the oil level. But I remember filling it to the top mark during my last service, which was 9k kms back, so there’s has been slight dip. Not a major leak for sure, but needs to be attended.
Old 22nd November 2022, 17:01   #50

Update: Got the leak inspected at my friend's workshop. While having a close inspection, oil traces were noticed on the oil pan and the bottom region of the mill. My friend has done a good amount of research on Honda's i-Dtec engines and he says its pretty normal for a Honda i-Dtec that has run over 80k kms to leak some amount of oil. Oil seeping out of my car was particularly due to a weak oil cooler seal. He suggested me to avoid messing with that until heavy oil deposits were seen or the the dipstick level falls rapidly. He also asked me to give it a check once a week so that oil doesn't seep in to the alternator assembly. Not much of a serious issue. Pretty much common with i-Dtec.
parth_enzo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks