Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2020, 02:55   #31

Re: Timing Belt Change: Should I also get the tensioners & pulleys replaced?

@Sidpak
I was quoted ₹32,000/- for water pump + timing belt assembly (pulley, tensioners and timing belt) + labour at Skoda A.S.S
I reckon you could get it done in Mumbai for ~ ₹22-24000/-. You have Bosch garage in Fort area but I do not know of the quality of workmanship there. I think Sh. Sunil Shanbhag is highly respected a FNG too. Hope you get good references on FNG in Mumbai.
SkodaFan0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 18:07   #32
BHPian

Just Bought a Mk1 Vrs Combi with 1,02,000 kms on the ODO.
Ordered all the parts required as per schedule.

This is just the first part of the list . Second is to be delivered this week.

Also please order Belt tensioner damper, Its is not a part of the kit.
Part # 06B 109 477 - 8099/-

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Timing Belt Change: Should I also get the tensioners & pulleys replaced?-img_20200610_0816109.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 5th July 2020, 09:21   #33

Hello Everyone,
Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions.
I finally parked my car at the garage on friday, got the timing belt kit and alternator belt with relevant tensioners and pulley’s.
Also, there was a minor oil leak so wanted
1) Crankshaft Seal
2) Camshaft Seal
3) Tappet Cover Packing

Since these seals were not available individually I got the whole kit for seals too.
Hopefully, I’ll get my car by tomorrow.
I have asked the mechanic to clean MAF sensor, sparkplugs. Oil is good as car was hardly driven in the last 3 months.
Is there anything else that I need to check?
Thank you once again
Old 15th July 2020, 00:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I have made a similar query for my 5+Yr old Ecosport in another forum but didn't get any clear reply.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4764521 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)

They quoted around 25k for my 10L car for full assembly including water pump. While many members of Kolkata community have asked me to change the drive belt only which will cost few thousands at max, here the suggestion seems to be different. I was doubting it may be a dealership scam, so having confusion what needs to be done.

Similarly my 80K run suspension started giving squeaky noises. The dealership wants to overhaul the suspension for 25K. However few folks suggested to change only bush & spring pads and solve the issue at fraction of the cost. Any advice regarding this ?
Hey, did you get the timing belt changed? If yes, how much did you pay? I assume the water pump will be the most costly part and hence the 25k quote,but is the water pump a periodic replacement? I dont feel you should get the water pump replaced, unless there is a leak or wear signs on the seal/pulley.

Awaiting your response.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 15th July 2020 at 00:33.
Old 15th July 2020, 01:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey, did you get the timing belt changed? If yes, how much did you pay? I assume the water pump will be the most costly part and hence the 25k quote,but is the water pump a periodic replacement? I dont feel you should get the water pump replaced, unless there is a leak or wear signs on the seal/pulley.

Awaiting your response.
Timing Belt Replacement & Suspension Overhaul are pending for my 80K run 6Yr old car. I was supposed to replace them, however things got postponed due to current situation. Last time i inquired, they said timing belt replacement comes in the form of a kit which includes water pump and this whole process is laborious and can take the whole day. They refused to replace the drive belt only. I was thinking about mailing Ford India to verify if water pump is mandatory or optional for this process. Lets see what happens.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 18:28   #36
BHPian

My BMW 530d run 116000 is due for timing chain replacement, some sound is coming from the engine bay. But then is it fine if we give the car to 3rd party Garage to do the work? (Its a known Garage to me) Cost is almost half of the quote I got from the BMW ASS.
Old 6th January 2021, 10:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Timing Belt Replacement & Suspension Overhaul are pending for my 80K run 6Yr old car.
Have you gone ahead with the replacement The ford service manual says 5 years or 120000 km. I am in a similar predicament having touched 52000 km at 5 years 2 months.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 10:34   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Have you gone ahead with the replacement The ford service manual says 5 years or 120000 km. I am in a similar predicament having touched 52000 km at 5 years 2 months.
Get it changed whenever possible at the earliest. Delaying the change of such a critical part can lead to disastrous results accompanied by a hefty repair bill.

Even though the car has done only 52K kms, the time frame rule has reached so better to get it done.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 12:32   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Hey sorry for the late reply, I was busy. I finally changed timing belt at 6.5Yrs / 87K KM. Details are as below:
  • The SA will try to push you to replace the entire kit including water pump & give u an estimate of around 25K. This is neither mentioned in manual or recommended by Ford who recommend timing + drive belt to be changed.
  • I talked with the technicians and people at parts counter and they confirmed me that timing belt kit comes with or without water pump and I chose without, much to the dismay of SA who wont even tell u the option. This shaved off 10K or more from the bill.
  • Similar with suspension overhaul. SA was advising full overhaul with all shockers for around 25K. I changed only the bush + spring pad for less than 3K and all suspension noise are gone !
  • I also replaced the engine mount as directed by the technician as there were some vibrations while driving and turning the car on & off.
  • Shield splash for both rear tyres were coming out due to pressure washing, got them replaced as well.

Timing Belt Change: Should I also get the tensioners & pulleys replaced?-img_6175.jpg

Timing Belt Change: Should I also get the tensioners & pulleys replaced?-img_6176.jpg

Timing Belt Change: Should I also get the tensioners & pulleys replaced?-img_6177.jpg

Timing Belt Change: Should I also get the tensioners & pulleys replaced?-img_6191.jpg

Timing Belt Change: Should I also get the tensioners & pulleys replaced?-img_6190.jpg

Timing Belt Change: Should I also get the tensioners & pulleys replaced?-img_6171.jpg

Timing Belt Change: Should I also get the tensioners & pulleys replaced?-img_6172.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 14:05   #40

My 2013 model Fortuner will be clocking 3,00,000 Kms shortly. It will be time for changing the timing belt. What else should be replaced when replacing timing belt?
Old 17th April 2024, 15:24   #41

Has anyone replaced the timing chain for Creta diesel automatic, 2018 facelifted model? If yes, what are the associated costs and do's/don'ts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks