Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2020, 14:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India

Chicago-based car care brand Turtle Wax has launched its range of products in India.

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-car-washes.jpg

The company is offering appearance products for paintwork, wheels, tyres, upholstery and plastic. These include Hybrid Solutions Ceramic range aimed at detailers and the Quick & Easy range that is designed for novice users. The brand also plans to introduce its Professional series and Ceramic coating range.

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-namaste-india-kit.jpg

Turtle Wax has launched a car care kit which includes the following products -
  • Ice Snow Foam Wash
  • Quick & Easy Turtle Wax Interior 1 Cleaner - a 1-step cleaner for fabric, carpets and vinyl
  • Quick & Easy Turtle Wax Inside & Out Protectant - designed for plastic, vinyl and rubber surfaces
  • Turtle Wax Ice Seal n Shine - infused with Carnauba wax that seals and protects the paint
  • Turtle Wax Odor-X - a travel spray with a Caribbean Crush Scent
  • Clearvue Rain Repellant

Turtle Wax also plans to organize road trips and vintage car shows in India in the coming months.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 15:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India

Used their products for decades. They're reasonably priced compared to 'Meg's'. Any idea how much that kit costs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Chicago-based car care brand Turtle Wax has launched its range of products in India.
Old 19th June 2020, 15:54   #3
BHPian

For some products, they are at par with the Megs like the Seal and shine etc.

If they can ensure a steady supply through different platforms they would be more successful than Megs.

Megs I found is more exclusive to 3M outlets and moreover I find that Megs is not that eager to launch their latest products in India as against in the US.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2020 at 16:23. Reason: Removing unwanted space. Thanks.
Old 19th June 2020, 16:13   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using their products for as long as I have had cars. Good stuff at a decent price. I must admit I have moved over to some other stuff in the last few years. Slightly better but comes at a much inflated price. But then again when it comes to my cars maintenance no expense spared of course.

Never the less, Turtle is probably the best price quality ratio of the lot

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 16:54   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

If they can setup a proper distribution channel online and offline then it would be a good success. Turtle products offer good value for money. At par or better than Meguiars in many areas. I have used their products before and found them to be good.

EDIT- I think they already have online presence.

https://www.amazon.in/stores/page/1E...parkle_mcd_cta

https://www.amazon.in/Turtle-Wax-Nam...-items&sr=1-26

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 19th June 2020 at 16:58.
sagarpadaki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 17:08   #6
BHPian

Can someone provide a name for wheel cleaner? Like a spray that has to be left for sometime that will loosen up the dirt. A jet spray washing off all the dirt with no act of scrubbing. Is Turtle providing any such product?
Old 19th June 2020, 18:30   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Can someone provide a name for wheel cleaner? Like a spray that has to be left for sometime that will loosen up the dirt. A jet spray washing off all the dirt with no act of scrubbing. Is Turtle providing any such product?
Turtle's entire product range is available on Amazon. I suggest you look there for your wheel cleaner needs. If you aren't looking for turtle's products specifically, I suggest you try the Sonax Wheel Cleaner. It works really well and is also easily available.
Old 19th June 2020, 18:57   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Used their products for decades. They're reasonably priced compared to 'Meg's'. Any idea how much that kit costs?
According to the report on Overdrive, the kit costs Rs. 3,799 and will be available on Amazon from tomorrow onwards with an additional 10% introductory discount.

Source
Batfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 11:43   #9
BHPian

Amazon now has a brand page for Turtle -

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-turtle.jpg

Link: https://www.amazon.in/stores/page/1E...parkle_mcd_cta
nishsingh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 12:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

This is exciting news. I was thinking of getting hybrid ceramic coating from US after seeing their reviews. I remember the day when a news paper mentioned Turtle Wax tied up with Tata Motors for selling their products and i walked into a Big Tata Shop in Chennai and they had no clue i was talking about. So now they figured out how to sell over Amazon, i am super happy. It would be better if Soft99 also sells over Amazon, they have some good products.
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
This is exciting news. I was thinking of getting hybrid ceramic coating from US after seeing their reviews.
Upon checking the official Turtle brand store on Amazon.in the Hybrid series products are not listed which is a let down.

However AutoFresh is selling Hybrid Series products on Amazon so we are covered.
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:11   #12
BHPian

I swear by Turtle wax Ice, now at least I don't need to keep suitcase space for 2-3 of these every time I am in the US.

This is great news.

Quote:
I haven't used a Turtle product here but Megiuars Hot Rims is a very reliable product.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd June 2020 at 18:51. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 23rd June 2020, 12:25   #13
BHPian

Armor All Tire Foam is magic!

Not a turtle product, but for your question, I'll do you one better. Buy this:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just spray on and carry on with your life. Come back in about 15 min to find a properly black tyre. This doesn't shine. It makes the tyre look like it was when you bought it. A deep, black matte finish. If there is a ton of dirt, mud etc. on your tyre, just brush it off and then spray. I do this after an offroad session in my truck. But for my car, no need to wipe or anything cause it's all dust n grime, not mud.

Bonus: You can spray it on your wheels to remove stubborn grime. Again, just spray and leave it be.

Caution: Take care that you don't spray on your brakes. This is the main reason they advise not to use it on bike tyres. Some people use it to clean their engine bays as well. I haven't.

P.S: If you're a fan of shiny slick tyres, use this to clean, then follow up with a tyre shine of your choice.

I've recommended this to a lot of my friends, not one came back disappointed.

Quote:
Tassem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 12:50   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All wheel cleaners need agitation to dislodge the stuck on dirt.

I would suggest you buy an All Purpose Cleaner(APC), dilute it in a spray bottle and use for cleaning the wheels. Will work out dirt cheap and the APC can be used in other areas as well. Get some wheel cleaning brushes or use a paint brush from hardware shop.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 15:20   #15

Has anyone used the Turtle wax seal n shine product ,would like to know how long it would last before it would need reapplication ? I have seen reviews on YouTube praising it over more expensive brands.
Tomthumb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks