Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2020, 16:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomthumb View Post
Has anyone used the Turtle wax seal n shine product ,would like to know how long it would last before it would need reapplication ? I have seen reviews on YouTube praising it over more expensive brands.
Seal and shine is an old product although still relevant today.

Turtle Hybrid ceramic wax in my opinion will hold longer than seal and shine.

Reapplication depends on various factors but in Indian conditions seal and shine should last 1.5 to 2 months based on my experience.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 15:07   #17
BHPian

What product to get long lasting shine and protection with less efforts than the paste wax? I have used turtle wax hard shell wax before so now looking for something simpler to use now. I have a meg polish and 3m shampoo so need something for the final step.
Old 17th July 2020, 16:31   #18
BHPian

You can use the Hybrid ceramic sealent spray from Turtle Wax which should give you around 3 months of protection.
Its a wipe on and wipe off product.

Last edited by Artyom : 17th July 2020 at 16:34.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 14:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
You can use the Hybrid ceramic sealent spray from Turtle Wax which should give you around 3 months of protection.
Its a wipe on and wipe off product.
Could not find it on the official amazon page. They only have the ice sealant listed.
Old 6th August 2020, 18:45   #20
BHPian

I recently used the Hybrid Ceramic Spray from Turtle Wax and it impressed me.
It gives a very good depth and shine to the paint. Need to see how long it is going to last even though they claim that it will last up to 6-12 months.
aswinpattath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 16:30   #21
ike
BHPian

I also purchased the Turtle ceramic spray on coat. The shine is very nice and noticeable, not sure about the water repelling property since it hasn't rained after I got it done yesterday. The durability is also an open question, let's see how long it lasts. The thing cost me 1850 bucks on amazon and should be enough for at least 5 to 7 applications. Attaching some pics. Big shout out to https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...-thrissur.html (Renée Express Car Wash @ Thrissur) who opened his shop to just get this done for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-bottle.jpg  

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-fl.jpg  

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-fll.jpg  

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-rear-q.jpg  

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-roof.jpg  

Last edited by ike : 24th August 2020 at 16:32.
ike is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 19:11   #22

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions

Hello Everyone!!
Life is almost back to normal and the same old routine is on!!
Recently I ordered this product named Turtle Wax ( Hybrid Solutions ) 3 in one detailer.
Its a waterless car wash plus a detailer as the packaging says and I used it on my octavia and accord and I must say the product is worth a try.
Its available on amazon, costs around 2k ( its a bit expensive) but gives your car a really great shine. I’m yet to review the durability.
Pros:
1) Makes your car look great in minutes. ( You just need to spray it and wipe it off with a clean microfibre towel.
2) Not unlike other waxes where you need to buff it off.
3 ) Its a DIY product, doesn't require a buffing machine, polish etc
Cons:
1) It streaks a lot after applying and can make your car look bad if over sprayed.
2) Its Expensive.

Also before applying, I used detailing clay on my car. I’m not sure if that made any difference in the overall shine and look of the car but I’m happy.
Still yet to see how long this lasts, will definitely update on it. Have uploaded a few pictures below!
Cheers
krsna_ksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 22:51   #23
ike
BHPian

UPDATE

After almost a month, it seems to be holding up rather well. After driving quite a few times in torrential rains, the water beading is still pretty good and there is a lot less muck than usual after a drive in the rain. Not like the usual ceramic coating videos though where they keep pouring murky water and it just keeps sliding off. The glossiness is still there too. Overall good VFM product me thinks. Unfortunately the waterless wash + wax from Meguiars that I use is stuck in Chennai whereas I'm in my hometown for the past 6 months due to the pandemic. Washing the car once with that would have really showed us how effective the ceramic spray is.
Attached Thumbnails
Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-img_20200919_111703.jpg  

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-img_20200919_111657.jpg  

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-img_20200919_111653.jpg  

ike is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 18:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
UPDATE

After almost a month, it seems to be holding up rather well. After driving quite a few times in torrential rains, the water beading is still pretty good and there is a lot less muck than usual after a drive in the rain.
Great to know that it is holding up well for you. Similar observation from my side as well. It is performing as advertised and happy with the purchase so far. Washed my car 4-5 times after the initial application and still able to observe the same shine and water beading effect. Here are a few pictures that were taken after a rain.

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-20200906_134655.jpg

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-20200906_154352.jpg
aswinpattath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 23:48   #25
BHPian

The hybrid ceramic spray coating sure is an amazing product. Its been 2 months and still beading the water quite well. It has faced many rainy days parked outside with a wash every 5/6 days. Only on the hood it somehow did not last more than a month. Rest of the car still protected and makes cleaning car very easy. Just a hose down and dust just washes off easily. Now planning to get something to top off this product for some extra shine and gloss.
Old 3rd October 2020, 16:23   #26
BHPian

I ordered Turtle Wax Trim restorer on Amazon for 768/- bucks. I received in 3 days. Before using anything on my main vehicle, I experiment on my dad's 8 years old Scala

Amazon Link:https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0196FS6O6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NjfEFbDZX88Q6

I am happy with the overall results. It works as advertised. Day and night difference, you can see before and after pictures below.

Process:
  1. Clean the target area with damp microfiber cloth
  2. Let it dry with zero dampness
  3. Park vehicle in well lit area, like outside under direct sunlight
  4. Shake the bottle well before opening
  5. Apply required amount on a different dry microfiber cloth
  6. Rub it on target area in circular motion
  7. Don't miss edges and hard to reach arears
  8. Wait for 15-20 minutes before applying 2nd coat
  9. Apply 2nd coat after it is completely dry
  10. Sit back, enjoy, be proud of yourself and enjoy your hard work coming to shine
  11. Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe out any excess on non-plastic arears like glass or paint

Before Images:

Yes that is actually rat piss you see. They picnic in our cars regularly. Story for another day.

Engine Bay Cover: Totally discolored and rat marks

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-img_20201003_115318__01.jpg

Bonet beeding:

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-img_20201003_115331__01.jpg

After Images:

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-img_20201003_120539__01.jpg

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-img_20201003_120543__01.jpg

Observations:
  • It works wonders on hard perforated surface plastics. The effect is minimal on soft surface plastics.
  • It is not regular dashboard polish.
  • Transparent color liquid with zero smell.
  • Gloves are recommended before using.
  • Wash the microfiber cloth immediately after use, else it will harden the cloth.
  • Can also be used on steering wheel and dashboard but only if you don't have seperate dashboard shiner.
  • Do not use on tires, as the product is expensive. You can get decent tire polish spray for 250 bucks on Amazon.

I did not apply 2nd coat as I was lazy and tired. I will monitor for few weeks before applying 2nd coat. It should last 3-6 months as per some videos on YouTube.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 14:53   #27
ike
BHPian

I did yet another coat of ceramic wax, the one before was done some time during Aug 2020. The effects of the earlier application had not worn off fully.
Attached Thumbnails
Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-af3f1155c05044928866a77a9c7fd905.jpg  

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-f76fc70d04a54a72ac406f5afb7a7fc9.jpg  

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-f2719bbb2dbc4fe38f945d7b91520f1c.jpg  

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-54098d4647344b0a851d14e1ab1e72a7.jpg  

Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-f73a1f755a384951b9344ecdce361965.jpg  

ike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 15:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I did yet another coat of ceramic wax, the one before was done some time during Aug 2020. The effects of the earlier application had not worn off fully.
Lasted 6 months right? How many more times do you think you can apply on your car again? Seems to be really vfm looking at that amazing gloss.
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 15:57   #29
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Lasted 6 months right? How many more times do you think you can apply on your car again? Seems to be really vfm looking at that amazing gloss.
Yes, 6 months. I guess it's got enough to maybe do another 3 applications.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 17:52   #30
BHPian

Interestingly I see Turtle Wax in TBHP site! Promoting this product?
Attached Thumbnails
Turtle Wax launches its car care products in India-screenshot-20210212-174802.jpg  

Thilak29 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks