Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2023, 15:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)

Sorry for starting a discussion again in an old thread, but has anyone tried using an amaron or Exide battery instead of a varta battery in their German cars?

I had changed out the varta on my Jetta to an amaron and it worked well for the next 5 years that I owned the car.

Basically is there any reason to change only to varta?
Old 8th December 2023, 12:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

My B class battery has become weak and am looking for a replacement. Apparently there has been a model change in Varta from F21 to A6. This info is from the net.

Swastikfabs doesn't have any stock and is expected in Jan end. They would have been great as they are based in Bangalore. I could have gotten it fitted at their shop.

Beico will be able to procure for me but will take 5-6 days and is black market battery. No manufacture date. Battery cost is Rs. 28500/- and courier charge of Rs. 2500/-.

I am not sure if my battery will last another 2 months. A few posts back there was a negative post about Beico.

Are there any other authorised distributors of Varta? Any other options for AGM battery for my car?
Old 11th December 2023, 17:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
My B class battery has become weak and am looking for a replacement. Apparently there has been a model change in Varta from F21 to A6. This info is from the net.

Swastikfabs doesn't have any stock and is expected in Jan end. They would have been great as they are based in Bangalore. I could have gotten it fitted at their shop.

Beico will be able to procure for me but will take 5-6 days and is black market battery. No manufacture date. Battery cost is Rs. 28500/- and courier charge of Rs. 2500/-.

I am not sure if my battery will last another 2 months. A few posts back there was a negative post about Beico.

Are there any other authorised distributors of Varta? Any other options for AGM battery for my car?
https://www.amaron.in/absorbent-glass-mat-batteries - have you looked at this? someone I know has changed to this battery and isn't complaining so far.
Old 11th December 2023, 20:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
https://www.amaron.in/absorbent-glass-mat-batteries - have you looked at this? someone I know has changed to this battery and isn't complaining so far.
The Cold Cranking Ability (CCA) is 760 vs 800 in Varta. I'm told this will cause problems.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 15:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
I'd ordered a Varta AGM battery from Bieco around last week. Been a week give or take, payment is done. Radio silence from the dealer. Phone isn't reachable, offline on WhatsApp. Not really sure how do I go about it. I wouldn't recommend dealing with him given my experience. Battery was supposed to be home by now but looks like it won't happen as anticipated.

Will keep my experience posted here if anything progresses.
Did you receive the battery? Beico is the only one with stock.
Old 14th December 2023, 18:18   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Did you receive the battery? Beico is the only one with stock.

Yes eventually I did receive my battery with a slight delay. All this while there was no communication from Bieco till the package just showed up on my doorstep.
Old 14th December 2023, 21:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Yes eventually I did receive my battery with a slight delay. All this while there was no communication from Bieco till the package just showed up on my doorstep.
Amaron Jade is not available in India. Available in Malasia but could be difficult importing.

When was the manufacturing date? There is no warranty. Do you still recommend? Costs 31K including shipping. Dealer cost at Mercedes is 42K.
Old 8th February 2024, 20:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Good news, Varta Batteries are in stock at Swastikfabs again.

I had been following up with Mr. Vijay for a while now. He messaged me today that it was available.

I picked up 80AH F21 Varta battery. Excellent service by Mr. Vijay's team.

Nice meeting Mr. Vijay hardcore off road enthusiast. His shop is an automotive enthusiast paradise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks