Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 10:59   #256
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
McLaren,

what about the guys who are doing the fastest times in the speed run with indian cars. What kind of mods do those engines have.
Well, now this gets tough. And tricky.

Some of bangies quickest cars at drags are running complete intake, exhaust mods. Enlarged throttle bodies, wildest of ports one can imagine (maybe even tested abroad on a dyno, not sure), wildest cams running to 300+ degrees, lightened flywheels, upgraded retainers, valve springs, laser cut steel headgaskets, forged blocks with all internals forged that one can think off, completely lightened cars to running fibre doors, hood and dickey, wildest of carbs one can think off or befitting standalones (including a rumoured zen on autronic ECU), semi slicks. Though the latest additions seem to be two stage progressive nitrous kits. Also a set of cars are rumored not to be running on petrol itself . Also at the last drag a certain 1600 zen with 100 shot nitrous was unofficially clocked at 12.7. They tried to hit 120 shot and blew the engine I hear in bombay. Was such a pity not to see this car in action though. Would have really set most of our foreign cars to shame.

While there is another sect which is running imported blocks with Indian heads which were sent abroad to get work done, dynoed and sent back to India. Particularly the honda's because of ease of availability.

Then there is another sect which is going all bonkers over Turboes, setting up cars left right and centre. Though from what I have seen only two cars seem to be reliable enough. A zen with a Vtec engine (dismantled and sold now) running 17psi boost (only problem was shredding driveshafts & traction) and psycho's esteem.
Old 30th June 2007, 18:38   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

Then there is another sect which is going all bonkers over Turboes, setting up cars left right and centre. Though from what I have seen only two cars seem to be reliable enough. A zen with a Vtec engine (dismantled and sold now) running 17psi boost (only problem was shredding driveshafts & traction) and psycho's esteem.
have you any idea what kind of whp these bangy cars have?
and if you do all the aforementioned mods, how different are these cars from a full blown hot hatch from abroad?
Old 30th June 2007, 21:14   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
have you any idea what kind of whp these bangy cars have?
and if you do all the aforementioned mods, how different are these cars from a full blown hot hatch from abroad?
Well to be honest they aren't many of these left in Bangalore (infact most TC setup were done out of bangy). Most of them have either blown engines or gearboxes (at 7psi) and are running NA. I hear there is one VTEC TCed around town, haven't seen it yet. Apart from this there is psycho's esteem. Visit his bhp garage and ask him the details. We are still yet to catch up to the cars abroad. With more dynoes coming into the country it could be a dream come true.
Old 1st July 2007, 06:51   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wanted to know about this and was wondering if any of you could help enlist what modifications are included in:

Stage One
Stage Two
Stage Three

I know that the segregation is not definite, and variations depend on tuners, forums or countries. But keeping the Indian perspective in mind, how would one segregate?
ok.. how about this ... ?
stage 1 - optimising/enhancing with boltons to the current engine.
stage 2 - everything that can be done to make the max possible with NA engine and hitting the ceiling with high compression and high revs...
only way to get more out of current VE is to go for Nos/turbo in next stage
stage 3 - forced induction/NOS coz u cant get more out of the engine with NA in stage 2
Old 1st July 2007, 12:35   #260
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Also at the last drag a certain 1600 zen with 100 shot nitrous was unofficially clocked at 12.7. They tried to hit 120 shot and blew the engine.
Whoa.. thats insane, but how did they measured the timing? & what would be the official timing for the same?

Quote:
Though from what I have seen only two cars seem to be reliable enough. A zen with a Vtec engine (dismantled and sold now) running 17psi boost (only problem was shredding driveshafts & traction) and psycho's esteem.
Dont get me wrong rahul, but i fail to understand how come a car shredding driveshaft is reliable?
Old 1st July 2007, 16:57   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Whoa.. thats insane, but how did they measured the timing? & what would be the official timing for the same?
Yes, quite unbelievable. Standard timing equipments, good old stopwatch and a Gtech. However, there were no such claims made (I did hear from a reliable source that they were sure to do under 13). All I know is both the tuner and the owner are mighty p!$$ed and will come out with a bang at the next drag certainly to prove a point. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Dont get me wrong rahul, but i fail to understand how come a car shredding driveshaft is reliable?
Agreed, but what I meant is unlike other cars that I have seen being TCed this this car had no engine/gearbox issues. Even at 17psi it was reliable (wrt to engine and gearbox only), though they did get the driveshafts custom made a little later. Its a pity that the owner had to sell the car for personal reasons. There is a discussion about this car on this very forum. Search for a thread started by TheWolf.

Btw, whats with your last two signatures? Planning to get into cinema?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 1st July 2007 at 17:00.
Old 1st July 2007, 18:18   #262
Senior - BHPian

What it takes to bolt 24 bhp & 75 nm onto a Safari Dicor (not done yet). (CD Remote is included in the picture for SCALE)

Last edited by Steeroid : 1st July 2007 at 18:21.
Old 1st July 2007, 18:33   #263
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a nice kit. What can you configure with all those buttons?

There is somebody here selling a kit for the Safari too by Steinbarth or something of that sort, though I can't find any info about it on the internet. Once the rains sober out, will go hunting.
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:43   #264
BHPian

Could you give an explanation on this equipment.

Last edited by Rtech : 3rd July 2007 at 10:48.
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:46   #265
Senior - BHPian

24 Bhp with that... Nice.. waiting for the results and your review.

Godfather
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:10   #266
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
24 Bhp with that... Nice.. waiting for the results and your review.

Godfather
Sumit, read and re-read. It is not being tested on Steer's dicor but someone elses. So we will have to wait for a review from that person. I somehow have a feeling I know who .
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:49   #267
BHPian

Hi mod gurus,
I have a query about the BHP in my car.
I bought a 98 Old Honda city Exi sometime back.
Modifications done:
1. Headers
2. Free Flow exhaust.
3. K n N stock replacement filter.

How do i know the total BHP of my car?

P.S: The RC book is showing 1494 cc engine.
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:01   #268
BHPian

you'd have to drive to mumbai and get it dynoed
but u should be making bout 8-10 hp over stock
Old 24th July 2007, 02:28   #269

i think all these mods might increase the power by max 5bhp....max.
Old 24th July 2007, 10:00   #270
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. Headers
2. Free Flow exhaust.
3. K n N stock replacement filter.
Your K&N will hardly lead to any power increase. Therefore, the BHP gains would only come from your header + free flow. This could be anywhere in the 3 - 7 BHP range, depending on the design.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks