Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2023, 11:03   #61

Re: Intermittently Silent Horn

Hi, I am new here, please guide me.

Our Santro (the new edition, now discontinued) had a Hella lowtone horn which had a terribly low sound. I upgraded it with a Root’s windtone dual trumpet horn. Now it has almost stopped working. What shall I do please? Should I replace it with Hella dual horn (the pee pee type)?

Also, the bumper has come loose and is damaged and has been nailed in for the time being. How should I proceed? Should I get it replaced under insurance claim and then get the horn work done?

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st July 2023 at 11:09.
Sherlock is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd July 2023, 11:39   #62
BHPian

Re: Intermittently Silent Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
Hi, I am new here, please guide me.

Our Santro (the new edition, now discontinued) had a Hella lowtone horn which had a terribly low sound. I upgraded it with a Root’s windtone dual trumpet horn. Now it has almost stopped working. What shall I do please? Should I replace it with Hella dual horn (the pee pee type)?

Also, the bumper has come loose and is damaged and has been nailed in for the time being. How should I proceed? Should I get it replaced under insurance claim and then get the horn work done?
More info better diagnosis. Is it that the horn was connected to the bumper?. Can you please inform us the model numbers of the hella horn (Original), Roots Windtone and the Hella dual tone. The last one that goes Pee pee.

This is what i got from the net.

1. Hella lowtone : Data sheets attached.
Hella_Horns_Brochure_LoRes.pdf
2. Roots windtone : https://www.rootsautomotives.com/hor...a/windtone-90/
3. Hella Dual tone : One of the models in the above sheet.

From what i can see there may be a frequency related issue. While Hella is the 350(L) - 420Hz (H), The roots may be the 420(L) - 500Hz(H).
srini1785 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks