Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2022, 11:38   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta 1.4 DCT develops powertrain failure. EDIT: Problems continue even after 2 years

I have recently bought Seltos DCT and clocked 5k. I will post any updates if I see any issues with DCT. Really good experience so far.
harshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 11:08   #77
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta 1.4 DCT develops powertrain failure. EDIT: Problems continue even after 2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbhat View Post
I have recently bought Seltos DCT and clocked 5k. I will post any updates if I see any issues with DCT. Really good experience so far.
Touch-wood. Hope it stays so.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 11:44   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Touch-wood. Hope it stays so.
Though there is some risk of DCT, it's hard to not buy after driving one.
Old 25th November 2022, 11:57   #79
BHPian

DCT / DSG gearbox are not made for India. Before buying one knows it's possible there will be issues.

I bought Rapid DSG in 2015 hoping no failure however DSG failed after 20k kms and 2 years of ownership out of blue

My friend bought creta dct and exactly 1 year later on highway while with his family it failed and since then he keeps saying replaced dct does not have same driving feel.

Hence my input is driving pleasure is not just about gearbox instead about gearbox engine mating. Hence don't buy dct car instead look for alternative car with good engine and gearbox combo.
heydj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:52   #80
BHPian

I agree, if Rs. 20 Lakh + cannot buy even simple peace of mind, then no amount of driving pleasure can make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
DCT / DSG gearbox are not made for India. Before buying one knows it's possible there will be issues.
iamitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 10:54   #81
BHPian

The dreaded TCU failure warning and check-engine warning light has returned. No issue with the functioning of the DCT though, yet. I am in a conundrum.

1. Should I bring this to the attention of my Hyundai touchpoint - the Area Service Manager, and Koncept Hyundai warranty manager?

Their response has previously been to take the car, run diagnostics, software updates etc. to get rid of the message. The last time my car was with Hyundai for almost a fortnight and I was told an expert technical team from Hyundai had extensively tested the vehicle. Yet, the error message has returned.

2. Should I ignore the error display as long as the vehicle is running fine?

At least till the next service which is about 4K KM away. This is what I am doing presently, as I have little faith in Hyundai's ability to fix this issue permanently.

3. Should I escalate the matter to get a replacement gearbox again?

Is a replacement car out of the question? Since the gearbox has already been replaced and despite 4-5 instances of troubleshooting the error message (albeit not the issue, yet) has returned. Can we DCT BHPians file a joint consumer case to pressurise Hyundai for a recall?
iamitp is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 09:41   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Can we DCT BHPians file a joint consumer case to pressurise Hyundai for a recall?
I don't see a need to form an association inorder to take the legal route. You can do so out of your individual capacity.

It's likely that you'll get some kind of compensation if you take the legal route, but full replacement I don't believe is likely.

My advice: get the error sorted, sell the car if you can (even if you need to take a depreciation hit), and move on. Be at peace.
buzzy_boy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 09:48   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
My advice: get the error sorted, sell the car if you can (even if you need to take a depreciation hit), and move on. Be at peace.
I am contemplating legal action at this point. The damn error keeps blipping on and off every few days now. While it has not caused any operational issues, it causes immense mental strain. Selling the car is a bit trickier because this is my daily driver and sole vehicle at this point.
iamitp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 10:05   #84
BHPian

Quote:
1. Should I bring this to the attention of my Hyundai touchpoint - the Area Service Manager, and Koncept Hyundai warranty manager?
You must inform Hyundai again of your trouble as this will document the sequence and make it official, the problem you are facing and put some pressure on Hyundai folks. I believe they would again restart the process of diagnostics like last time and you might have to keep the car there for a few days but its un avoidable and still the best course of Action.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 5th April 2023 at 10:19. Reason: Typo
swarnava.ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 12:56   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
You must inform Hyundai again of your trouble as this will document the sequence and make it official, the problem you are facing and put some pressure on Hyundai folks.
Are any of the official Hyundai email IDs responsive? In the initial failure, I had emailed almost every relevant Hyundai executive I could find, but I got Zero response. Finally, it was the Area Manager, whose contact I got from twitter that responded. Subsequent conversations were on Whatsapp/Phone with the AM or his directed representative at Koncept HASS. I am hoping to reach higher management this time.

Yes, I agree. I am planning on giving the car to HASS again for the 5th time now. Waiting for a lean period as this is my daily driver.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 16:49   #86
BHPian

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...-issue-recall/
https://www.autoweek.com/news/indust...sion-problems/

This is the response when automakers fear class action lawsuits. Proud to be a citizen of vishwaguru!
Somil07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 17:52   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The last time my car was with Hyundai for almost a fortnight and I was told an expert technical team from Hyundai had extensively tested the vehicle. Yet, the error message has returned.
This is usual and absolute lie to keep customer happy.

Next time any service center says this - tell them that you want to be personally present when this so called "expert" team arrives - and if any of this is done still without your presence with the car - you'll be filing a lawsuit.

That said - I'd rather sell this car off and get it over with. No matter whether its a daily driver or not. Get some cheap beater car for 2-3 lakhs from for that purpose, and sell it back after 6/12 months after you get a new car to replace the Creta. The peace of mind achieved will be worth it and the process will always be pretty easy and fast. You won't be without a car for much. If you pick the right platform - just 1-2 days or so even.

Last edited by Reinhard : 10th April 2023 at 17:54.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks