Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2022, 14:26   #46
BHPian

Re: Fuel injector / pump failures due to fuel adulteration in all Skoda cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainali View Post
I can so much relate to all the people here. I know that a lot of forum members have really in depth knowledge, but I will slightly beg to differ here for brand specific failures, I have seen this failures in almost every make and model of diesel engine vehicles which are sold in Manipur. Reason -- Fuel. I will come to this in detail later in this post.
Hi
Great post!
Interesting stuff!

My friend's Creta (diesel -2018) also has a similar issue.
ASC suggested replacing both injectors which costs roughly 50k!

My friend wants to get it cleaned instead.

My question -
1) After cleaning, how is the life/reliability of the injector?
does it last long?
What's been your experience?

2) Does using a injector cleaner help? (Like Liqui Moly's Diesel Purge)

Last edited by som9729 : 7th June 2022 at 14:29.
Old 31st August 2022, 21:50   #47
BHPian

Does this injector failure occur with TSI engines as well ? Some guys mentioned Kushaq which is petrol only.
neochanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 19:37   #48
BHPian

Hi guys just dropped my Marazzo at the service center due to an unexpected check engine light. Apart from the light the car had no issues.

When the service guys hooked up the OBD scanner, the error was from one of the injectors. The car is at the service center at the moment for further debug.

This was very surprising to me. Since my car is very well maintained. And I am a fanatic for fuel quality. I fill only from one COCO fuel pump which has a reputation for good fuel, and is used by thousands users every day including high end cars like Mercs/Porsches etc. The car is sparingly used, mostly home-office commute and an occasional mall visit. Has done only 10K kilometers in 3 Years. What could have gone wrong? Marazzo does not have a reputation for injector failures. Mine is BS-4.
Old 21st April 2023, 00:16   #49
BHPian

Ever since my post, this has happened thrice till now, i had replaced my injector twice before in the last 1.5 years and now 2 days back it happened again right after taking my car from service. Third injector apparently is gone kaput. Why? They are citing the same old “fuel quality” as the reason, ill be picking up my car tomorrow and paying 40k odd bill. Smh.
autohead115 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks