Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 12:12   #16
Team-BHP Support

Lets say the LPG install you get is the best in the world. Even then it would void your warranty.
Thats the biggest risk.
Karan, if you don't mind no warranty, go for it. Otherwise get another diesel.

As for SX4 1.6D, it may take anything from 1-2 years. Maruti can't make enough engines for Swift D, I doubt they would be getting into SX4 diesel anytime soon.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As for SX4 1.6D, it may take anything from 1-2 years. Maruti can't make enough engines for Swift D, I doubt they would be getting into SX4 diesel anytime soon.
Another factor could be the diesel sx4 could be maruti's best bet to take on the all new honda city at that time.If launched right now itself not only will the petrol model not do too well it will also loose out on the novelty factor.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Here is some serious advice. Why do you want to run your car on LPG ? LPG saves some money, you are right. But for someone like you, i dont believe that is much.
For e.g, say you drive 1000 Kms in a month. IN petrol @ 10Kmpl, you will be spending around 100 Litres @Rs.48 would be Rs. 4,800. In LPG, @ Rs,28 per litre & 9 KMPL would be Rs. 3,111, a saving of Rs.1689/- per 1000 Kms. Now, is that saving big enough to void the warranty on your 7 lakh car ?
Do consider this before you take a decision.
Old 21st May 2007, 13:58   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Here is some serious advice. Why do you want to run your car on LPG ? LPG saves some money, you are right. But for someone like you, i dont believe that is much.
For e.g, say you drive 1000 Kms in a month. IN petrol @ 10Kmpl, you will be spending around 100 Litres @Rs.48 would be Rs. 4,800. In LPG, @ Rs,28 per litre & 9 KMPL would be Rs. 3,111, a saving of Rs.1689/- per 1000 Kms. Now, is that saving big enough to void the warranty on your 7 lakh car ?
Do consider this before you take a decision.
i got my factories in silvassa and pune ... so i have an inter city trip atleast say once a week ....
Old 21st May 2007, 17:28   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

and by the way my indigo has been sold @ 2.20 lakhs ...
Old 21st May 2007, 18:34   #21
BHPian

karan bhai get a verna(looks dumb according to me) or a fiesta diesel(looks great) they both ll solve your purpose of mileage why finger with a brand new sx4

also theres a bit of a queue sometimes for lpg here in mulund sometimes
Old 21st May 2007, 19:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

How abt the Indigo XL... if you are looking for rear seat comfort. The petrol version in classic trim is 5.35 ex showroom, and it comes with a rear seat AC vents too.
I think you can go for CNG kit in that one and it wont void ur warranty if you install it from a TATA authorized dealership... not too sure but they had this thing for Xeta.
Old 25th May 2007, 07:27   #23
BANNED

I don't think that installing LPG on SX4 will spoil it since LPG is a tried & trusted fuel option.

Most of the dealers at Cochin told me that they will provide LPG on SX4 within 6-8 months.
Old 25th May 2007, 10:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Most of the dealers at Cochin told me that they will provide LPG on SX4 within 6-8 months.
Yes, It would take the ARAI a few months to start approving kits for the SX4. If you plan to explore this option, stick to the good manufacturers and spend a little more for a neat install.

Remember each time you bargain "really hard" with these dealers, the are falling back on some quality aspect. A bad gas tube, wiring, clamps all make a difference.
Old 26th May 2007, 23:30   #25

hi karan,
its nice idea to do so but mind well the conversion center u select is more important than the brand of gas kit. fitting is very important. pls do the conversion center who is technically sound. SX4 has a drive by wire technology so its bit tricky in conversion as gas is totally dependent on amount of air. most important point to get best out of gas fuel is size of venturi. it should be as big as possible(mixer center hole). i drive my wagon r without mixer so it deliver excellent power on lpg and also does not affect my petrol performance and mileage. i have developed this system on my own named NRVS(no restriction venturi system).
Old 27th May 2007, 11:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraauto View Post
i drive my wagon r without mixer so it deliver excellent power on lpg and also does not affect my petrol performance and mileage. i have developed this system on my own named NRVS(no restriction venturi system).
Mira, I wish to know more on this. Please elaborate more on this thread or another existing thread on LPG conversion. This could be an eyeopener. I have been experimenting with advanced LPG and CNG kits and learned a lot about this on a recent trip to the US.
I recently installed a semi closed loop system on my existing BRC LPG kit. I am yet to pull statistics on it.
Old 28th May 2007, 22:52   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Mira, I wish to know more on this. Please elaborate more on this thread or another existing thread on LPG conversion. This could be an eyeopener. I have been experimenting with advanced LPG and CNG kits and learned a lot about this on a recent trip to the US.
I recently installed a semi closed loop system on my existing BRC LPG kit. I am yet to pull statistics on it.
i never use mixer on any of my car converted on gas in my workshop. Air plays very big role in any engines power. a person with bigger chest large capacity of air storage in lungs is selected for army. why? same is with any engine. as air to fuel ratio for petrol is 14.7: 1 and for gas its 15.5:1 sot it requires more air for better power. for that you have to design a special mixer or insted remove the mixer totally. and i have seen in india all lit manufacturer dont give attention on mixer. no priciples of designing the mixer are followed. you just try one thing in any car remove the center ring of mixer, measure its center hole dia. now create another ring with bigger dia than that equivalent to the size of butterfly. and pls dont forget the most important point in mixer holes of gas should not be seen when u look from top of mixer. and look the change in your car. u will be amzed.
we have achived mileage of 20 by making NRVS system on an 2002 alto with Ac and with excellent power.
Old 31st May 2007, 01:15   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Meanwhile have booked the Swift-D(Ldi) , will be buying an Linea once its launched somewhere late 2008 ....
Old 1st June 2007, 00:35   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Meanwhile have booked the Swift-D(Ldi) , will be buying an Linea once its launched somewhere late 2008 ....
Great decision,diesels are more practical and hassle free than a aftermarket LPG kit.Saw the Linea in ACI and its awesome.
Old 1st June 2007, 11:13   #30
BHPian

Not recommended...Will void your warranty... Why not look at Verna CRDi if your mileage per day is high? Or wait for Optra TDCi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks