Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 15:49   #31
BHPian

Good choice karan. better than LPG in my opinion.
Old 3rd June 2007, 23:02   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Not recommended...Will void your warranty... Why not look at Verna CRDi if your mileage per day is high? Or wait for Optra TDCi.

OPTRA doesnt fit the bill ... way too expensive ... anyway ... the delivery of the swift will b around 15th of JUNE ....
Old 7th July 2011, 12:38   #33
BHPian

Re: SX4 on LPG ?

The last reply posted on this thread is almost 4 yrs old.... So just posting the old question once again...

I have got a SX4 ZXI (petrol) , 2009 variant and i want to convert it into LPG / CNG.. I have few queries, which are as follows:

(a) First and foremost compatibility wise which one i.e. amongst CNG/ LPG is better for SX4?
(b) What is the fitment cost for both
(c) What is the running cost for both
(d) What is the availability factor for both as I am planning to do a Pan India Trip..
Old 7th July 2011, 17:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Last week I and my brother in law went to Pandian's place in HSR layout, Bangalore with some queries on Wagon R DUO (LPG) problems, I found a SX4 (ZXI) version at his place which had come for a conversion to LPG. Mr.Pandian spoke of the sequential injection system for LPG provided by Rohan Auto Gas as the best one available and also it is now a OE kit for some reputed brands. I have the same kit in my Spark LPG and performance is very good even after 20000km's. LPG availability is good in South India and you have a LPG station for every 150 km atleast. But CNG is not available in South India. I suggest you speak to Pandian and decide. He is a very friendly person and should help you out. Search for Mr. Pandian on this forum. You can also do a search for LPG and CNG filling stations on Google and you will get the list.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 18:14   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Cruiser View Post
The last reply posted on this thread is almost 4 yrs old.... So just posting the old question once again...

I have got a SX4 ZXI (petrol) , 2009 variant and i want to convert it into LPG / CNG.. I have few queries, which are as follows:

(a) First and foremost compatibility wise which one i.e. amongst CNG/ LPG is better for SX4?
LPG will give you performance very close to petrol. If you go for a sequential injected system then you can expect the best out of your kit.

(b) What is the fitment cost for both
LPG sequential will cost you approx 40k. This is quoted by Pandian. His work is very professional.

(c) What is the running cost for both
LPG cost is 42.xx in Bangalore. I suppose it would be couple of rupees lesser in Mumbai. There is no maintenance cost for sequential kit.

(d) What is the availability factor for both as I am planning to do a Pan India Trip..
Most of the cities in the south have LPG stations near the National Highways. I had a Baleno with LPG tank & used to do frequent BLR to BOM & noticed LPG filling stations at ease. In mumbai (western suburbs) there is LPG station as Irla, another one near Pavan Hans & also at Borivalli. I had long back seen a website that listed all LPG stations.
I had seen a SX4 Zxi with 13K in the Odo come for LPG fitment at Pandian work shop. Because SX4 has a large boot, you do not feel much loss of boot space even if you have the LPG tank.
lavish_n is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks