Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 09:01   #16
BHPian

Guys hold on... There are somr CRDI pumps like BOSCH CP 3.3 which are fuel lubricated.... Even the regular rotary pumps like BOSCH VP 37 are fuel lubricated... For that Lubricity of fuel is a must.. No use if you use CH, CI, CJ or what ever.. that oil doesn't come even near the pump..

But some other series like BOSCH CP 2.2 are Engine Oil lubricated in which the lubricity of fuel doesn't matter.. But for sure they needa higher grade Engine oil..

Btw most on the CRdi in India are BOSCH CP 3.3... IMHO
Old 5th June 2007, 10:32   #17
Team-BHP Support

All I see in the market here is
1. Shell helix (API-CG)
2. Castrol Synthetic(API-CF)
3. Castrol GTD (API-CF).

BTW I think we are digressing from the diesel fuel to diesel engine oil
Old 5th June 2007, 11:10   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
All I see in the market here is
1. Shell helix (API-CG)
2. Castrol Synthetic(API-CF)
3. Castrol GTD (API-CF).

BTW I think we are digressing from the diesel fuel to diesel engine oil
Check out Khan market, Harpreet Lubricants, Patel Nagar, Kashmiri gate or the gas stations in Chanakyapuri, yes we are digressing a bit but this topic is to do with lubricity of LSD/ULSD and oil does play a part there.
Old 5th June 2007, 11:21   #19
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the address.
I will check out khan market. Oil change is due in the indica, and will do that this saturday along with the suspension work.
Any idea about price, I am not too keen on spending more than 1000 for 4 liters of fuel(GTX diesel is 650rs)
Old 5th June 2007, 11:30   #20
BANNED

Stretch the oil change interval to 6000km or six months, whichever comes first, Delo 400 goes for 25000 miles in big rigs but this is safe margin for street driven cars, except the first batch to come out really dark, I would advise a filter change at 3000km, this is due to the superb cleaning abilities of Delo 400 or Delvac MX. If you go to the right place, Delo 400 or Delvac MX is way cheaper than Castrol CRB.
Old 5th June 2007, 11:41   #21
Team-BHP Support

I already change oil at 7000kms, which comes up in less than 3 months.
Along with the oil I add STP engine oil additive.
This time I am planning to do a flush too.

As for the diesel, do we get LSD only in metros or all over India its LSD now?
Surprisingly in oil company Jargon, HSD stands for "High Speed Diesel", wonder what does that mean!?
Old 5th June 2007, 11:46   #22
BANNED

Quote:
I already change oil at 7000kms, which comes up in less than 3 months.
Along with the oil I add STP engine oil additive.
This time I am planning to do a flush too.

As for the diesel, do we get LSD only in metros or all over India its LSD now?
Surprisingly in oil company Jargon, HSD stands for "High Speed Diesel", wonder what does that mean!?
No need for STP with Delo 400 or Delvac MX, just add the oil, 7000km is fine.
Old 7th June 2007, 07:45   #23
BANNED

Why can't we use the Diesel conditioners to take care of the ill effects of LSD ?

Flashlube India, Flashlube Products
Old 7th June 2007, 08:17   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Why can't we use the Diesel conditioners to take care of the ill effects of LSD ?

Flashlube India, Flashlube Products
Yes you can, additive diesels are there just for that. A small premium to pay for extended protection and peace of mind, consider this, on both my diesel vehicles, I haven't done the pumps or injectors, one has almost 200,000km, the other close to 100,000km, initially, when there was no additive diesel, I would use ELF DALF every 6000km, now I use Turbojet or Speed regularly and use DALF every 10,000km.
Old 7th June 2007, 08:25   #25
BHPian

Your Jonga is with a Hino Engine right?? Look closelty at my avatar see anything familiar??

That Hino Engine pumps are validated with diesel Imported from Germany with Less than 5ppm Sulphur.. Don't worry about anything..... like lubricity and all.. THe engine will take the abuse..

Don't know about the TRax Engine though.....
Old 7th June 2007, 09:21   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
Your Jonga is with a Hino Engine right?? Look closelty at my avatar see anything familiar??

That Hino Engine pumps are validated with diesel Imported from Germany with Less than 5ppm Sulphur.. Don't worry about anything..... like lubricity and all.. THe engine will take the abuse..

Don't know about the TRax Engine though.....
Yep, its a HINO, but not as attractively colored as the one in your avatar, I know the engine takes lots of abuse, have close to 200,000km on it and still no signs of any fatigue, the gear box has failed thrice during this span.

The Trax is OM616 turbo with mechanical pump and no ALDA, its the same plunger type pump meant to take abuse.
Old 7th June 2007, 09:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Oil change

I do a oil change after every 5000 Kms. Last change I used Shell RIMULA. Found it better than Castrol. Your take on this..

Secondly, is this Harpreet Lubricants located in Khan market? Wht is this Delo 400 or Delvac MX oil? I haven't heard of them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
Stretch the oil change interval to 6000km or six months, whichever comes first, Delo 400 goes for 25000 miles in big rigs but this is safe margin for street driven cars, except the first batch to come out really dark, I would advise a filter change at 3000km, this is due to the superb cleaning abilities of Delo 400 or Delvac MX. If you go to the right place, Delo 400 or Delvac MX is way cheaper than Castrol CRB.
Old 7th June 2007, 10:03   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I do a oil change after every 5000 Kms. Last change I used Shell RIMULA. Found it better than Castrol. Your take on this..

Secondly, is this Harpreet Lubricants located in Khan market? Wht is this Delo 400 or Delvac MX oil? I haven't heard of them..

Harpreet Lubricants is located in Patel Nagar, Delhi, as soon as you leave Pusa Road and and enter Patel Nagar, after the residences end and first market appears on your left, you will find it there.

Delo 400 and Delvac MX are HDEO oils rated multi fleet for gas and diesels, Delo400 was the first oil to pass the million mile truck engine warranty by US manufacturers. Google Delo 400 and Delvac MX and also check out Bob Is The Oil Guy: Viewing list of forums you will see some wonderful UOAs of these two oils in variety of vehicles from diesel to gas, motorcycles, gensets, trucks, cars etc.
Old 7th June 2007, 10:13   #29
Team-BHP Support

Delo 400 is by chevron. It has a very high detergent component(3600+ppm) compared to GTX 1800+, this is what worries me. Mine is an old engine, do not want the seals to give away! Last oilchange was GTX diesel + STP(which I presume has zinc etc.,)
Before that it was Castrol GTD(supposedly with added detergents) and I have not faced any problems.
Old 7th June 2007, 10:25   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Delo 400 is by chevron. It has a very high detergent component(3600+ppm) compared to GTX 1800+, this is what worries me. Mine is an old engine, do not want the seals to give away! Last oilchange was GTX diesel + STP(which I presume has zinc etc.,)
Before that it was Castrol GTD(supposedly with added detergents) and I have not faced any problems.

Actually I have recently put Delo 400 in my friend's high mileage Esteem, this car has done 242000Km with poor maintenance and is now starting to consume oil, so far, no seal leaks so I suggest you give it a try, expect the first batch to get dark very quickly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks