Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 14:54   #91
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun : Ineffective air-conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KannanV View Post
Having booked and waiting for Taigun 1.0AT Topline, wondering if it is prudent to accept delivery of "soon to be recalled" vehicle in the first place and suffer air-conditioning issue till a technical solution is worked out by VAG ? Like "rkponders", I was seriously looking at Nexon Petrol AT as an option, but chose Taigun for better automatic experience and space. Did not explore Seltos or Creta on safety considerations. Suggestions please ?
I don't personally own a Taigun. Though I am closely related to a friend who owns a 1.0 Topline and I have personally ridden his car (which is only a month old), from that experience itself, my resounding answer would be no. It would not be prudent to accept the delivery of a car and roll the dice on whether the AC unit would be functioning properly or not. It just isn't worth the hassle. VW has not even accepted that there is an issue with the AC unit, even though their sister-concern Skoda has reiterated that they are working to resolve the issue. There are no concrete timelines for the resolution of the issue.

I have personally experienced the issue at hand and the AC unit completely stops functioning in city traffic conditions. It becomes unbearable to even sit in the car and the recirculated air is stale.

My friend is having a harrowing time following up between the service center and the company, he has been running pillar to post from the day of the delivery. Is this the experience you want to sign up for?

He is currently in the process of sending them a legal notice, a matter which I am personally handling, so I am quite privy to the issue.

Last edited by sibot : 17th June 2022 at 14:57.
sibot is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 15:09   #92

Thanks sibot, I am planing to cancel booking and look for alternates. Thanks again,
KannanV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 15:13   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
Dear Taigun owners,

I have booked VW Taigun AT Topline 1.0. After reading through the thread I am worried should I go with it or stick to my back-up Tata Nexon MT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KannanV View Post
Having booked and waiting for Taigun 1.0AT Topline, wondering if it is prudent to accept delivery of "soon to be recalled" vehicle in the first place and suffer air-conditioning issue till a technical solution is worked out by VAG ? Like "rkponders", I was seriously looking at Nexon Petrol AT as an option, but chose Taigun for better automatic experience and space. Did not explore Seltos or Creta on safety considerations. Suggestions please ?

Decided not to go ahead with Taigun1.0 AT HL - considering the feedbacks on Air-conditioning inadequacy. Today cancelled my booking and await the refund of booking amount.

Process starts again
KannanV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 16:35   #94

Hello,
Is there any update on this issue? Is the same issue faced in GT version too or is restricted to 1.0L engine?
Old 5th September 2022, 20:08   #95

Good news for all the affected Taigun owners, today, in a direct message on Instagram, Volkswagen India official page has informed me that they are working on the issue related to ineffectiveness of AC. They will be releasing 2 levels of update of which level 1 has been released and advised me for contacting dealership.

Concerned fellow owners are requested to kindly check it with their respective dealership. Varanasi dealership, from where I bought my Taigun, they have also confirmed me of an update.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun : Ineffective air-conditioning-screenshot_2022090518514281_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f92.jpg  

satvik4134 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 12:28   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satvik4134 View Post

Concerned fellow owners are requested to kindly check it with their respective dealership. Varanasi dealership, from where I bought my Taigun, they have also confirmed me of an update.
Hey, thanks for the information. Not sure how many Taigun owners saw this since this is a separate thread and not on the official review thread, but I did contact my ASC (Sundaram VW in Chennai) and the SA says they haven't received any update from VW with regards to the AC yet. I will have to check back with them in a few days, but I also pinged VW India on Twitter with the same question. So, sitting with fingers crossed.

If you do get the update applied, let us know how the performance has improved! Looking forward to your feedback!
Old 12th September 2022, 13:24   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

This may have been said before, so apologies if its a repeated thought.

Don't car makers run the test mules for thousands (if not more) of kilometers for testing? Are all components not tested? I mean an AC is the first thing one wants in a personal car. Otherwise autos and buses are fine to travel.

Did SAVWIL forget testing the AC performance? Or the agency / employees had the responsibility of testing the mules were too ignorant? How come such an obviously evident issue was left unattended? How come none of them reported this as an issue when pretty much all customers are finding it problematic?

Of course, the entry level VW cars haven't been a benchmark of AC cooling in our conditions anyway throughout the last decade, but this time around it seems a bit too weird.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 08:01   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Hey, thanks for the information. Not sure how many Taigun owners saw this since this is a separate thread and not on the official review thread, but I did contact my ASC (Sundaram VW in Chennai) and the SA says they haven't received any update from VW with regards to the AC yet. I will have to check back with them in a few days, but I also pinged VW India on Twitter with the same question. So, sitting with fingers crossed.

If you do get the update applied, let us know how the performance has improved! Looking forward to your feedback!
Ok. I pinged VWIndia on Twitter last Sunday, as well as my ASC contact.

So far, the ASC SA said he hasn't heard of this and the ASC Service manager said he will check and let me know.

But VWIndia handle on twitter has been evasive and does not confirmed that the fix has been rolled out in writing when they had confirmed it once on Instagram and once on Twitter to other folks . They are giving me the usual "please share your email and phone number, we will help you". And then they said they tried reaching me but I see no phone call in my history. They want me to call back. And I know for a fact that if I call, they will simply create a case ticket and pass it to the ASC, who will be forced to do something, whether it works or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I mean an AC is the first thing one wants in a personal car. Otherwise autos and buses are fine to travel.

I agree. If we are not able to sit inside it without getting drenched in sweat, it negates every other thing that is good with the car.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 20:31   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Ok. I pinged VWIndia on Twitter last Sunday, as well as my ASC contact.

So far, the ASC SA said he hasn't heard of this and the ASC Service manager said he will check and let me know.

But VWIndia handle on twitter has been evasive and does not confirmed that the fix has been rolled out in writing when they had confirmed it once on Instagram and once on Twitter to other folks . They are giving me the usual "please share your email and phone number, we will help you". And then they said they tried reaching me but I see no phone call in my history. They want me to call back. And I know for a fact that if I call, they will simply create a case ticket and pass it to the ASC
This is expected from VW. ASC will simply cajole you to withdraw the complaint or confirm that things are fine.
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 22:28   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
This is expected from VW. ASC will simply cajole you to withdraw the complaint or confirm that things are fine.
The ASC is actually asking me to bring the car in but I have told them I will do it only if they confirm they have a fix. It is pretty baffling that VW team responds differently to different people having the same query. A simple confirmation is all I wanted and they just punted my query to the ASC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks