Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2022, 13:21   #1
BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun : Ineffective air-conditioning

The A/C of my Taigun Highline 1.0 MT (Just 10 days old) with blower speed of 4 and temperature set to 19 degrees, isn't cooling at all. Outside temperature is 41 degrees, and it has literally made me and my dad sweat; 1.5 hour drive in Delhi traffic and around 25 kms.
First service is scheduled for tomorrow, any possible problems you guys think? I mean, I definitely think there's something. I know the fact that the AC in VW 2.0 car isn't THAT great. Can anyone help me with this? Just 10 days, and my dad regrets getting this.
adigup is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 22:28   #2
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
The A/C of my Taigun Highline 1.0 MT (Just 10 days old) with blower speed of 4 and temperature set to 19 degrees, isn't cooling at all. Outside temperature is 41 degrees, and it has literally made me and my dad sweat; 1.5 hour drive in Delhi traffic and around 25 kms.
First service is scheduled for tomorrow, any possible problems you guys think? I mean, I definitely think there's something. I know the fact that the AC in VW 2.0 car isn't THAT great. Can anyone help me with this? Just 10 days, and my dad regrets getting this.
AC is definitely avg. Sun films should definitely help atleast the windshield ones and blinds for the windows.Earlier I used to set the AC at 16 or 17 now am ok with around 22. Avg AC is one reason why am trying to delay leather seat covers. First service seems to be more for courtesy than anything else. Are there any creaking noises from doors and while applying brakes? However please write to VW about your honest feedback. For sure they need to listen to users and not experts.
Old 6th April 2022, 22:49   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
AC is definitely avg. Sun films should definitely help atleast the windshield ones and blinds for the windows.Earlier I used to set the AC at 16 or 17 now am ok with around 22. Avg AC is one reason why am trying to delay leather seat covers. First service seems to be more for courtesy than anything else. Are there any creaking noises from doors and while applying brakes? However please write to VW about your honest feedback. For sure they need to listen to users and not experts.
I got very irritated; went to VW Gurgaon (Frontier workshop), and gave the car today in the afternoon (April 6, 4 pm). They had a decent rating on Google. The staff was weird, but on Google reviews, people mentioned that Nishant Nagarwal is a very responsible / right guy. I asked the people there to connect me with him, after which I had a smooth experience (he sounded quite promising and responsible).

We took a road test (and also of the A/C). Here's everything written on the job card:
  • Swagat maintenance (Yes, we did 1065 kms in just 11 days and with temporary registration)
  • Gear Knob creaking noise (mine is a manual)
  • Car pulling to the left (by a lot)
  • A/C gives up in bumper-to-bumper traffic
  • Rubber coming out from driver's side foot step (very minor)

I asked them, they said that the door creaking noise isn't 'so much' in some lots. My car is a 2022 MY model, and just once, I could hear it and it wasn't much. I will probably get it done some other time (if observed).

Also, the VW guy, Nishant, said that the A/C in this car is better than the Vento / Polo and shares components with the Tiguan
The braking is okay with no problem as such. I am not a fan of sun blinds. I will consider sun film later! Also, we got the leather seat covers (VW OEM top model ones) at the time of delivery because my dog usually goes for drives and so fabric gets dirty!

How will VW help? Will they compensate? Will I get something? Our < 2 week old car is spending the night at the VW workshop.

I mean my dad wasn't happy with the Seltos 1.5 Petrol HTK Plus' ride (body roll and it wasn't fun-to-drive). So, we upgraded / got the Taigun. He is so dissatisfied with the Taigun's experience.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th April 2022 at 05:17. Reason: Edited for better readability
adigup is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th April 2022, 21:03   #4

This is surprising. The AC in my car works alright. I mostly use it at 22-24 C with either L2 or on auto mode with recirculation turned on.

Was your AC issue resolved by the service center?

Quote:

Also, the VW guy, Nishant said that the A/C on this car is better than the Vento/Polo and shares components w Tiguan
I mean my dad wasn't happy with the Seltos 1.5 Petrol HTK plus' ride (body roll and it wasn't fun-to-drive), so, we upgraded/got the Taigun. He is so dissatisfied w the Taigun's experience.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd April 2022 at 12:14. Reason: Please type out posts properly, avoid using SMS language. Thanks.
AnjanKatna is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th April 2022, 21:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjanKatna View Post
This is surprising. The AC in my car works alright. I mostly use it at 22-24 C with either L2 or on auto mode with recirculation turned on.

Was your AC issue resolved by the service center?
Nope, the car is still with them. Apparently, the 'machine' is in another workshop hence the delay.
10 days old car and 2 days in workshop already.

The problem also comes here: I bough the car from VW Noida, and it's given to VW Gurgaon for service, and so they don't 'entertain' other dealers' cars maybe, which is weird.

Upon escalating the matter to VW over e-mail, both the dealership + workshops managers/VPs are connected, and promise to give the car ASAP. Also, the person (from workshop) who opened the job card for my car also told me - "We cannot touch your car, VW people will come and look into it as sir you have escalated the matter"

Strange, isn't it? If anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd April 2022 at 12:15. Reason: quoted post edited.
adigup is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 03:00   #6
BHPian

Quote:

Upon escalating the matter to VW over e-mail, both the dealership + workshops managers/VPs are connected, and promise to give the car ASAP. Also, the person (from workshop) who opened the job card for my car also told me - "We cannot touch your car, VW people will come and look into it as sir you have escalated the matter"

Strange, isn't it? If anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks
Childish of the dealer to say this. Reminded of my kids taking their fighting to me. You must write to VW about this dealer not touching the car and name the SA. Please also mention that you are recording your experience on team bhp.
prabhu7944 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 03:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Childish of the dealer to say this. Reminded of my kids taking their fighting to me. You must write to VW about this dealer not touching the car and name the SA. Please also mention that you are recording your experience on team bhp.
Yes, did mention it once. Will do again. and also post updates here as and when I get the car. VW and both dealers are well informed about the car and problems. They said ‘they’re doing their best’.
Old 9th April 2022, 11:38   #8

We have now completed 4.5K on a Topline 1.0 MT including several inter-city trips and a bit of city travel as well in Bangalore/Chennai. A few observations:

1. FE in the city with AC (even in Bangalore) is VERY poor. Often around 6-7 kmpl in city traffic.
2. FE on highway drives has been excellent. We have got 18-19 kmpl on multiple Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore trips even with AC on throughout.
3. AC behaves a little strangely, alternating between very cold and blowing lukewarm air at high pressure. Haven't been able to get it right ever on Auto mode. Works well at the lowest temperature setting and moderate blowing, even in Bangalore. It's irritating as you have to change AC settings multiple times, even during short trips.
4. Driveability on the highway has made intercity travel an enjoyable experience. Very nice and smooth to overtake on 2/3 gear even inside the city. Very comfortable experience both as a driver and a passenger.
5. Missing some side sensors/cameras for parking in the city.
6. The car is a bit of magnet for dust/leaves as others have pointed out and needs to be covered or cleaned frequently
7. Wireless charging is hopeless. Carry a cable if you want your phone charged.
9. Car play gets annoying when you have two phones in the car. Never easy to switch between phones as it keeps trying to load the new phone without ever getting there.
10. Volkswagen app store is a mystery. Don't know how to use it even after trying and seems like a wasted effort.
11. Needed slightly large holders between the front seats as it can't accommodate most bottles during a journey which is irritating.
dhananjay33 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 12:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhananjay33 View Post
We have now completed 4.5K on a Topline 1.0 MT including several inter-city trips and a bit of city travel as well in Bangalore/Chennai. A few observations:

1. FE in the city with AC (even in Bangalore) is VERY poor. Often around 6-7 kmpl in city traffic.
2. FE on highway drives has been excellent. We have got 18-19 kmpl on multiple Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore trips even with AC on throughout.
3. AC behaves a little strangely, alternating between very cold and blowing lukewarm air at high pressure. Haven't been able to get it right ever on Auto mode. Works well at the lowest temperature setting and moderate blowing, even in Bangalore. It's irritating as you have to change AC settings multiple times, even during short trips.
4. Driveability on the highway has made intercity travel an enjoyable experience. Very nice and smooth to overtake on 2/3 gear even inside the city. Very comfortable experience both as a driver and a passenger.
5. Missing some side sensors/cameras for parking in the city.
6. The car is a bit of magnet for dust/leaves as others have pointed out and needs to be covered or cleaned frequently
7. Wireless charging is hopeless. Carry a cable if you want your phone charged.
9. Car play gets annoying when you have two phones in the car. Never easy to switch between phones as it keeps trying to load the new phone without ever getting there.
10. Volkswagen app store is a mystery. Don't know how to use it even after trying and seems like a wasted effort.
11. Needed slightly large holders between the front seats as it can't accommodate most bottles during a journey which is irritating.
I think the AC of this car actually has a problem. My car went for its first service and they kept it for 2 days just to check the AC. They also said they refilled the gas and that the unit is shared with the Tiguan.
I totally agree, fuel economy can go down to 7kmpl (less than my petrol Innova) in traffic.

Wireless charger will just spoil the battery as it heats the phone a lot. And after some spirited driving, it says 'Charging Suspended'.
I don't think Carplay is an issue, you should try unpairing all devices and try again. With time, it should know which phone to prioritise.
VW App store is low-key useless. It requires some effort and time, and it's easy to setup.
adigup is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 10:52   #10
BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun : Ineffective air-conditioning

Just a question regarding the air conditioning. Will the a/c performance be the same in the 1.0 and 1.5 versions or can we expect slightly better cooling performance in the 1.5 version?
Old 15th April 2022, 11:04   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
Just a question regarding the air conditioning. Will the a/c performance be the same in the 1.0 and 1.5 versions or can we expect slightly better cooling performance in the 1.5 version?
If it helps, i have a kushaq 1.5 and it's slightly better than the 3pot engine with all accupants. I guess it's the same in taigun aswell.
Rjeevan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 12:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Good. Hope this does not void any other warranty. My dealer refused to do any modifications. Even for mud flaps I had to escalate and write to VW 3 times. VW didnt respond to any of my mails. Dealer was initially resisting stating VW has asked to sell only as part of package. I wrote back to VW stating I will quote the entire thing on team bhp after which dealer relented. Seems mud flap is in pune plant and it is already over a week, yet to hear from dealer. Now hearing that climate control is not available in highline. Seems VW twins don't need competition to make it tough for them.
Yes, the same thing happened with me, when escalated the matter, the dealer 'threatened' that he won't give us the deal we finalised but then it was sorted. Later, they agreed to give us the individual accessories.

The A/C in my Taigun Manual tends to give up at revs less than 1,200 rpm (especially in traffic or when doing low speeds in higher gears). Earlier it was much noticeable but during 1st service, they refilled the gas and it got better. It's happening again now. My dad informed VW and asked them to either change the whole unit or like get another car (does that happen?). Our Taigun is still running on a temporary registration.
adigup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 15:31   #13
BHPian

Quote:
The A/C in my Taigun Manual tends to give up at revs less than 1,200 rpm (especially in traffic or when doing low speeds in higher gears). Earlier it was much noticeable but during 1st service, they refilled the gas and it got better. It's happening again now. My dad informed VW and asked them to either change the whole unit or like get another car (does that happen?). Our Taigun is still running on a temporary registration.
I did a 160 km drive today. Tanked up with XP95. Mileage as per system was 14.5 kmpl. AC was ok which am getting used to. However it can definitely be better. No one wants sweaty and uncomfortable drive in a VW.
Old 15th April 2022, 22:25   #14
BHPian

Update: I have been in constant contact with the VW Sales and the Workshop managers regarding the AC issues. (and also the manual car's gear-knob creaking sound - which should be solved soon)

The AC doesn't cool (gives up) whenever the revs are less than 1,200 rpm (in gear) on the 1.0 engine, which is in bumper to bumper traffic, and whenever the car is doing low speeds on a higher gear (think of it as - whenever you're too lazy to downshift and just know the car will pick up and there is no rush)

Two dealerships/workshops confirmed that the AC actually has a problem in ALL the Taiguns with the 1.0 TSI, and VW should soon do a recall and update the software so that the problem is solved.

The person who has been in constant contact with me, who is also the head of the dealership chain owns a 1.0 AT and has the same problem in his car.
adigup is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 07:19   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Two dealerships/workshops confirmed that the AC actually has a problem in ALL the Taiguns with the 1.0 TSI, and VW should soon do a recall and update the software so that the problem is solved.

The person who has been in constant contact with me, who is also the head of the dealership chain owns a 1.0 AT and has the same problem in his car.
Finally you made them admit. . This should be music to all taigun owners. Hope VW does it earlier. Please keep us posted on the updates.
prabhu7944 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks