Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 06:24   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suspension problem on my Mahindra XUV700 | RHS is sitting lower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The noise that is coming from his car suspension is really awful and seems like his struts have given way. Strut failure at 10k is not impossible but you really need to abuse the car way more than this.
Off topic post.

All videos of YouTubers are edited so we will never know what kind of abuse the car has gone through. It is very much possible that the car was abused more than what's shown in videos.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 11:38   #47
sbm
BHPian

While youtubers (not all of them ofcourse) use clickbait and then proceed to talk completely off topic in their videos, the noise this guy's XUV is making is not acceptable. What is the strength of a 20L diesel behemoth if it can't take a few abuses? I have taken my Baleno over potholes at high speeds at highways even after that this humble car hasn't developed any suspension noises until recently and that too after 60k kms of driving. There is definitely something wrong with the XUVs suspension. While all might not face it, a few unlucky fellows might become the victim.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th May 2022 at 08:59. Reason: Fixed typo
sbm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 15:13   #48
BHPian

I had a failed transfer case in my XUV 500 AWD, which was replaced (entire gearbox / transfer case assembly) under warranty only after a round of escalation via email and social media. This was about 6 years back. Was expecting some improvement in ASS with these new age products, but sadly it seems there hasn't been any yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akn1984 View Post
A popular YouTuber, Vikas Dayal, who runs a channel by the name of Explore The Unseen 2.0, is selling his two month old XUV 700.
He is frustrated and fed up with a very bad noise issue in his car and also with the Mahindra service.
He also owns a Thar and plans to sell it also.
Relying on youtubers and the new age social media influencers' comment is not recommended. More often than not, what they say is driven by personal interests. This Vikas fellow had been crying foul an year back, saying that the M&M ASS is so poor he will sell his XUV 500. But still he went ahead and bought the 700 and Thar. If M&M was so bad, why did he buy their cars again?
sadnabrina is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 16:36   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Relying on Youtubers and the new age social media influencers' comment is not recommended. More often than not, what they say is driven by personal interests. This Vikas fellow had been crying foul an year back, saying that the M&M ASS is so poor he will sell his XUV 500. But still he went ahead and bought the 700 and Thar. If M&M was so bad, why did he buy their cars again?
I am not relying on his comment. I have owned and driven way too many cars than all these YouTubers to rely on their word. I am not even interested in buying a car right now. However, neither I have any experience owning a Mahindra nor I have any plans of owning one. Just came across this thread and the shared video at the same. So thought of sharing the video here. I haven’t expressed any opinion on the video or XUV700 or Mahindra after sales support. Whatever I have written was expressed by the YouTuber in his video. So, I cannot answer your question. You can direct your question towards him on his youtube video if you really want an answer!
akn1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 15:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Just out of my experience -

I have noticed that the suspension plays a big role. Our Figo had its front struts replaced ( We reused the old springs) I can easily make out that the car stands a bit taller now.
Earlier the right side felt 1-1.5 inches taller this was purely because of the aged and weak front struts and the left side sturt was very weak.. The car has done close to a Lakh Km's on all kids of roads.
After replacing the struts the car has leveled up and now both the sides are equal (give or take a few mm)

@adneo
I would ask MM and replace the suspension.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 26th May 2022 at 15:34.
Old 27th May 2022, 16:20   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
So I've seen a few videos of his. Mainly on travelling. And then there was an exponential decay in the quality of his videos. But that being said, in particular to the XUV7OO. He buys a new one AX7L D AWD. Praises it to the skies, and then

1. Takes a freshly minted car our for drag races

2. Takes it to Leh/ Spiti, and in freezing temperatures, uses the car battery in the night / early morning to charge his laptop and accesories. And then is shocked that his battery has died down and car does not turn on.

3. Takes the car off roading on the outskirts of Gurgaon. Drives it through a lake (similar to what some people did in Pangyong in an Audi)

4. During his Spiti trip realises that in the trip his FE has been low (through all the steep climbs etc). Sometimes as low as 5.XX km/ L

5. After this, takes the XUV for servicing and find out that the brake pads are "used up" and there is large amounts of dust in the AC filter. For this he has to spend around INR 14500. He keeps saying that "this was a free service (10000 km) and it cost him so much

So as mentioned above, I wouldn't trust a Youtuber who doesn't know that a car shouldn't be taken to drag races before the break in period. And the other points above.
I feel the whole point of this guy Vikas buying the car was to make profit out of it and now he is already planning to buy Toyota Hilux which is a completely different type of vehicle. Who would sell a SUV and buy a pick-up?
Old 13th June 2022, 21:58   #52
BHPian

Hi,
Can you DM me the contact #/email of higher ups at M&M you reached out to?
I’ve a stalling issue with AX7L Petrol. Dealer is refusing to replace even the fuel canister.
StopUnderrides is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks