Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 23:57   #31
BHPian

Re: 2015 Audi Q3 gets 5.5 lakh repair bill from Audi Mumbai West

Stay away from expensive cars as the service and spare cost are absolutely crazy

No wonder used luxury cars out of warranty are left to rust in peace

Thanks for the eye opening post on super luxury car mantainance
amarprusty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 00:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Item no.17 (Flywheel) and item no.64 (Mechanism???) are the two most expensive parts. Why was the flywheel replaced, and what is that "mechanism"?

These kinds of cars are way out of my league but I will tell my observation. Certain things are common for both high end and low end automobiles.

It seems they have opened the engine/gearbox for some repair and closed it back. I see a lot of washers/seals/gaskets/nuts&bolts. Generally when any engine/gearbox is opened it is not advisable to reuse the old seals/gaskets/packings or even bearings. Even for an Alto or a commuter Motorbike. They should all be replaced. That is standard practice and advisable. For a very high end car even these parts cost a lot of money. But I wonder why the nuts and bolts were not reused. Please ask them to show you at least the old flywheel and the mechanism which they replaced. They should actually leave all the major old parts replaced in your boot, unlesss you tell them to throw those away. Also ask for a copy of the original job card.
Old 25th June 2022, 18:46   #33
BHPian

Was there any update on the resolution of this matter?

This is absolutely ridiculous behaviour. I'm beyond surprised Audi did that, whenever I've had some work happening on any of our cars (including German luxury brands) they give me an estimate of all the work that's required to be carried out, and I too usually only choose the things that are of urgent importance. Even if anything new ever comes up after that (extremely rare), it is brought to my attention and they wait for my approval. This is just absurd treatment of a premium customer.
Old 25th June 2022, 21:27   #34

Atrocious!
Maruti provides almost free service in comparison. My SX4 just touched 100,000km and the service cost me just over 8k. Well, it's not exactly a high end car and not super comfortable in other's books but what the heck! I recently drove from Pune to Bengaluru in under 13 hours after making an early morning start. Had a cup of coffee and went for a 2km walk to loosen my muscles And I am 50+. I can't ask for a more comfortable drive. Pity the car has to prove that it's roadworthy in a few months
Old 26th June 2022, 08:41   #35
BHPian

What exactly is a flywheel? Some googling told me that it is something related to the gearbox and clutch delivery. It also said that for a flywheel to be replaced, there needs to be clutch vibration, slipping of gears and constant burning smell. Did you have any of these symptoms?

It also seems as if they replaced each and every thing that had the slightest indication of wear and tear. Like, MB, they should have called and checked.

Besides, numerous screws and bolts and caps and seals have been billed. What exactly are those? There are a couple of thousand bucks worth screws, what purpose do they serve? Thousand bucks for a screw? It better be made of titanium or something

Anyway, just check if you can contact some kind of higher up in Audi itself. Try to convince them.

And the valuation seems dirt cheap IMHO. Q3s are good only when they have crunched kms in the odo, For a well maintained car, they should have valued it a little bit higher
Old 26th June 2022, 19:03   #36
BHPian

Really saddened to see OP being ripped off this way. I went to a reputed FNG in my location and turned out he was listed in team Bhp FNG list i happen to see when I was just fiddling around the website when I was new. Saw so many luxury Germans at his shop for servicing. Ended up having a really good talk with owner who is a bhpian himself regarding why they prefer FNG over ASS. Didn't really know anything about the costs of owning the luxury cars then. But when I compared the services bills it was a huge eye opener for me. So hope OP has found a resolution to his current predicament with AUDI ASS and if he does decide to keep the vehicle, better to find a few German friendly FNGs for future service visits.
Old 1st July 2022, 11:16   #37
BHPian

RIP OFF. One word to say it all. Been there in situations like these. With our E 220, due to low running, oil seal leaked, coolant mixed with oil, though no problem in running. Still sent for repairs and got an estimate of 4.5 Lacs. Devil lied in details. They had included tyres, battery and what not under the sun. A quick discussion brought down the estimate to ~1.5 lacs. Even then I told them I'll need every changed part, howsoever small, back. My driver sat there during entire work. They tried to.play a trick saying all hoses need replacement as oil damages rubber. I asked which hoses and he showed me around but deliberately, overlooked one hose. Upon asking why not this one, he said it is not important. Flummoxed, I insisted on reason and he told part is OUT OF STOCK. Can you believe this? One hose is unaffected but other hoses of same material doesn't? Well, he got instructions to NOT change any hose at all. If one is safe, all others are too. And they are working fine since 5 years. Final bill, including service was settled at 70,000/-
Recently, a truck brushed the same car near rear tail light, estimate a cool 4.5 lacs.
Got it done at FNG including service, brake restoration, pad change etc. for 50K. after deductinginsurance amount recovered around 30k.
Our LR Discovery Sport sent for service and SA said brake pad needs change, price 30 K. A brief chit chat and I sensed attempt to fleece. Even as per him, 40% life was still remaining. 8 MM Total thickness, suggested replacement at 4.5 MM, warning only at 2.5 MM thickness left. Ran for one more year and waring only came last week. Will replace now.
Be VIGILENT is all I can say. Get everything in writing, and tell them to return everything they change. Only by telling then to return replaced part, you'll be saved a lot if money.
Be vigilant is all I can say.
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks