Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2022, 06:52   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: How to Clean the Engine Bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil00090 View Post
Hey Gannu,

Some careless car washing guy used solid pressure washer for engine cleaning. My heart dropped but don't know why I didn't stop him. Later on I asked him to dry it ASAP using a cloth with light hands.

Would there be any repercussions ? It's a VW Polo TSI HLP manual, 2021 model..car started fine after all that but I am really worried
Hi Sahil, some folks know how to do this properly and they’ll direct the jet from a height and at an angle so it doesn’t damage any parts/components, followed by drying using the compressed air line so any water droplets that remains quickly dries away.

Most car manuals would say not to do a pressure wash on the engine bay. If you’re hellbent on doing this because the engine bay is beyond dirty, wrap/cover the ECU + the 2 connectors with a plastic cover over it.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 19:26   #62
BHPian

Re: How to Clean the Engine Bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Hi Sahil, some folks know how to do this properly and they’ll direct the jet from a height and at an angle so it doesn’t damage any parts/components, followed by drying using the compressed air line so any water droplets that remains quickly dries away.

Most car manuals would say not to do a pressure wash on the engine bay. If you’re hellbent on doing this because the engine bay is beyond dirty, wrap/cover the ECU + the 2 connectors with a plastic cover over it.
Not sure if that guy knew how to do it but yes, he sprayed from a distance but when I asked him to dry ASAP he used a microfiber towel.

Do you suggest to check anything?? I hope Delhi's scorching heat makes the water evaporate from every deep corner. Still I am a bit worried.
Old 4th April 2022, 19:29   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil00090 View Post
Not sure if that guy knew how to do it but yes, he sprayed from a distance but when I asked him to dry ASAP he used a microfiber towel.

Do you suggest to check anything?? I hope Delhi's scorching heat makes the water evaporate from every deep corner. Still I am a bit worried.
You’re being unnecessarily paranoid.

If there were any problems, you’d have realised it by now. Scratch that and enjoy the car man.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 19:32   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You’re being unnecessarily paranoid.

If there were any problems, you’d have realised it by now. Scratch that and enjoy the car man.
Hahahaha thanks Gannu, I know I get a bit overboard when it comes to comes to Polo
Old 9th January 2024, 17:37   #65
BHPian

My car was recently infested with rats and rodents. Had the entire engine bay full of egg shells, fruits/vegetable bits etc and a lot of poop. The service center used air spray to clean the engine bay before fixing the wiring harnesses. But i think its better to get the engine bay cleaned as i dont want the the engine bay to smell of the infestation as that could result in the rats coming back using the smell. What are my options?
Old 10th January 2024, 14:08   #66
BHPian

This is how I have been doing my engine bays over the years. Tools used: Degreaser, Auto shampoo in a spray bottle, couple of brushes, garden hose and a blower to dry everything off
Attached Thumbnails
How to Clean the Engine Bay?-img20240110wa0010.jpg  

How to Clean the Engine Bay?-img20240110wa0005.jpg  

How to Clean the Engine Bay?-img20240110wa0006.jpg  

How to Clean the Engine Bay?-img20240110wa0009.jpg  

How to Clean the Engine Bay?-img20240110wa0007.jpg  

How to Clean the Engine Bay?-img20240110wa0008.jpg  

trinity0114 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks