Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 13:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Get a good mechanic, since you were earlier geting decent mileage, looks like the mechanic may not be conversant with the Matiz. Could even be a problem with timing. Also suspect that when he did the packing job, he must have messed it up. Run a engine compression test, will give you a diagnosis.

My Matiz has run 2,60,000 kms, used to give 14 kmpl plus in its prime.
Old 13th March 2008, 13:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Kchittilla
Two questions
  1. Howe did you calculate your cars fuel efficiency?
  2. Did you recently changed petrol pump from where you fill fuel?
Old 13th March 2008, 14:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

I guess the head has warped / the plugs are not firing properly. In addition to this what timing assembly change did he do?
Old 13th March 2008, 14:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Even i'm getting just 11-12 in the city. Regarding the overheating problem, pls check the 'coolant dummy' as it is a common fault fot the matiz, and its better to take it to the daewoo service center rather than a roadside mechs, as its a complicated procedure to replace it!
Old 13th March 2008, 15:34   #20

Hi All,
The inlet manifold packing was changed by the mechanic when the Coolent was leaking.
Later when the starting problem came ,Mechanic Replaced the "Starter bentex".After that the starting problem was resolved.

Regarding Mileage checking.I usally check the "Dark Yellow Petrol Pump" Light.From then i can drive atleast 20 KM.But recently after 10 Km the Fuel tank become empty and engine was not starting.The mechanic told that petrol was over.After that i put almost around 30 liters in and not even drove 120 Km.I am putting prtrol from usual Petrol pump.

My Fuel gauge indicator doesent work Properly.But the reserve symbol shows relaiblly.I usally look at the Reserve symbol.Reserve to reserve i will get 10-11 KM.

will there be any issue with the over heating of the Engine 1 month back?

thanks,
Kishore
Old 13th March 2008, 20:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Regarding this issue I really feel recent service is culprit. I heard similar story on other car when it under went similar service.

Check and change spark Plugs, carbaratour clean/spray, check and replace engine oil if needed, check exaust/silencer, change air filter if its too dirty. I suggest K & N air Filter which really helps old cars to gain pickup.

Someone might be stealing your Fuel, check that too.

When you fill at bunks make sure they fill the petrol untill you can see fuel(top up petrol tank fully).

I own Matiz SG 2001 model baught exactly 25 days back. Filled and toped up the Petrol on day1 while buying. Clocked around 220km so far and 10 ltr fuel is left out so aprox. 10kmpl becasue only 1st, 2nd gear driving by learners.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th March 2008, 21:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchittilla View Post
Hi All,
Regarding Mileage checking.I usally check the "Dark Yellow Petrol Pump" Light.From then i can drive atleast 20 KM.But recently after 10 Km the Fuel tank become empty and engine was not starting.The mechanic told that petrol was over.After that i put almost around 30 liters in and not even drove 120 Km.I am putting prtrol from usual Petrol pump.

My Fuel gauge indicator doesent work Properly.But the reserve symbol shows relaiblly.I usally look at the Reserve symbol.Reserve to reserve i will get 10-11 KM.
Kishore
The yellow lamp is the reserve lamp. AFter it hlows, there is approximately 5.5 litres in the tank. However, the calibration of this yellow lamp may develop errors over time and this cannot be repaired - the only way out is to change the fuel pump iself. Take care not to run too much after the lamp glows, the sludge in the tank at the bottom may get sucked into the fuel pump and damage it.

I sill suspect that the timing settings may not be correct. Please check with a genuine ex-ASC of Daewoo the exact settings, and your mileage should improve.

In case you come to Thane/Bombay any time, I can help you have the car inspected by my ex-ASC (Mavis Motors), who services my Matiz and is reliable.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th March 2008 at 13:26. Reason: back to back posts
Old 18th March 2008, 16:56   #23

Hi hvkumar,ravibhat & all others,
I had my car inspected by different mechanic this time.He found that the Electrical connections made by previous mechanic to the Engine Head were wrong.He messed up when he set the packing for the Inlet manifoldo.
The other mechanic set the Timing Adjustmesnt as well.So my mileage is improved to 10 Km now.Some relief now.But still i think that is less.So how to improve this milleage.When i first baught the car i got the injectors cleened then it gave 13-14 Km once or twice again it was back to 10-11 KM.
The new mechanic was suggesting to decorbonize the engine.My car is 45 K on odo.So after decarbonizing will the mileage be improved.
Please suggest what best can be done to improve the Milleage for atleast 1 or 2 Km.

Thanks,
Kishore.
Old 18th March 2008, 17:50   #24
Team-BHP Support

Get your car tuned proper, clean injector first. Spark plugs inspect, replace if required. Check the plug wires also. Clean air filters and replace if necessary. Clean throttle body also.

A good mech and tune up is what your car requires. Yes carbon clean will help, but ensure that you clean the plugs after 1000 kms of carbon clean up.
Old 18th March 2008, 21:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

I second what Jaggu says. Last month when I baught Matiz first thing this is what I did:1. I replaced all (3 plugs I remember) Spark plugs and cleaned carbaratour/injector2. Baught K&N airfilter to replace dirty stock air filter.3. changed engine oil, checked and topped up other stuffs like coolant, fluids/oil.I didn't check Fuel Economy but I can see after the service things have improved very much.I will be doing one more good service in 4 months form now to make sure Car will be back to original performance, the reason I can see most of the car owners don't do all required srevice time to time.Regards,Ravi.
Old 19th March 2008, 01:09   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchittilla View Post
Hi Friends,
I have Matiz SG 2001 Model, 45 K on Odo.I recently bought this car.I was getting a mileage of 10 km and after clening the injectors and air filter it gave 12km initially and later 11 KM.
Last month i went for a long drive.After driving for 60 KM my engine got Over heated.I stopped the engine and opened the Bounet, fumes came from the Engine.I let the Engine to cool down and pour water in the Coolent tank.Water Vapours came when i pour and after some time i found the water is leaking from the Packing of the Engine.I took to mechanic and he told the packing needs to be changed.He did it.And there is no leak in the coolent tank.
From then onwards my mileage decreased.It went to 8 Km and i had another problem last week.Car was not starting because of Timing assembly was spoiled.It was replaced by mechanic.From past few days i noticed that my car giving 3 Km /Lt.I spoke with my mechanic.He told he has made all the adjustments and not sure why it is giving less mileage.

I has a feeling (not sure) that the Engine Exhaust gases are slightly thick.I need to do the Pollution check to check it.

So i would request team members to suggest me what needs to be done to improve the Millage.

Thanks,
Kishore.
Overheating issue may have been due to the coolant leakage.

You mentioned the "timing assembly" was changed. What exactly was changed ?
Maybe you just need to get your timing set to factory specs.
3 Kmpl sounds a bit too low.

What color is the smoke ?
Old 10th July 2008, 18:23   #27

Matiz Engine Over Heating Problem After A/C is on for some time.

Hi Friends,
I am experiencing a strange problem with my Matiz SG.Its 48k on Odo.When ever i put my A/c on and if drive for about an hour or two.The Engine is Over heating and it is going to Full.Once i had severe problem as well.
The A/C efficiency is good but Engine is over loaded because of some reasons.
Can some one help me in resolving this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Kchittilla.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th July 2008 at 19:43.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:03   #28

Matiz Distributer Problem.

Hi Friends,
I have Matiz SG 2001 Model.45 K on Odo.Recently i got distributer problem.My car was not starting and the mechanic told that the distibuter needs to be replaced.I bought a "Mando" company Original spare part and ran car for 2 days.My car was jerking and some times the Cheque light was on for few sec (2-5 ) but during that time car was slighly Vibrating.
I took my car to mechanic.He checked the car with another Matiz's Distributer and the car went smooth with out any problem and with out check light on.
So mechanic informed that the Distributer was fauly and i changed the Distributer and with New Distributer as well the Cheque light was glowing.
Mechanic informed that "Compression test " needs to be done to cheque the problem.
I have no knowledge about these things.I stay in Pune and my Mechanic is Augustin car care at Mundhawa road.
I am not sure whether to go for compression test or not.I am unable to get what the exact problem was.
I request you people to share your experience if some one has experienced with such problem.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Kchittilla.
Old 14th July 2008, 18:44   #29
BHPian

Since car is jerking after the change of distributor means, surely problem with ignition system, & most probably Timing. Ask mechanic to properly set the ignition timing using a timing light. This is very necessary after servicing, overhauling or reinstalling of a distributor. Also check strenght of ignition coil.

If things doesnt smooth out, try changing the brand of distributor(might be having mfg error).

Compression test is done only in case of severe power loss (due to worn out rings or cylinder lining), which is highly unlikely at 45k kms unless engines is abused. compression test is nothing but removal of spark plugs one at a time & fitting a pressure gauge in hole. Taking the reading at particular cylinder's TDC position.

Process your mechanic should follow:

1: clean/replace spark plugs.
2: check the strenght of ignition coil.
3: replace distributor (make sure contact points are clean of any storage dust)
4: Fix distributor with adjustment screw still loose.
5: remove timing Inspection cap on flywheel cover.
6: connect timing light to battery, ignition cable & earth.
7: Start engine & focus timing light on inspection hole.
8: He must see two markers: one fixed & other on rotating flywheel(mark appears stationary under timing light).
9: If these markers are not in one line(surely they wont after reinstalling a distributor), he should manually rotate distributor assy, clockwise/counter clock wise, till both markers are aligned.
10: Hold distributor assy at that point & tighten the adjustment screw.
11: set idle RPM after warming up the engine.

I am sure if he follows the procedure there wont be any vibrations, Unless there is a mfg defect in distributor.

Last edited by arunforu1 : 14th July 2008 at 18:47.
Old 14th July 2008, 19:15   #30
BHPian

Surely a/c is putting load on your engine.

Possibly:
1. Faulty compressor bearings.
2. jammed compressor.
3. Shrinkage of driving belts(running too tight).
4. Faulty pullies.
5. Lack of lubrication.

your a/c is working and chilling so no issue with compressor or gas. check bearings & lubrication for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks