Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 14:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Dont even get anywhere close to the spray cans or the spray guns. Leaves a bad impression coz its pretty difficult to get the correct shade of the OE paint.

I have experience using one on the front bumper and now I regret.

Hang on till there are a few more scratches and then get it painted.

This should give you a fair idea of how it would be once you use the spray can.Check the left side of the front bumper. Mis-match in color is easily noticeable.

The can was silky silver and thats the color of the car to.

Old 24th July 2007, 14:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Dont even get anywhere close to the spray cans or the spray guns. Leaves a bad impression coz its pretty difficult to get the correct shade of the OE paint.

I have experience using one on the front bumper and now I regret.

Hang on till there are a few more scratches and then get it painted.

This should give you a fair idea of how it would be once you use the spray can.Check the left side of the front bumper. Mis-match in color is easily noticeable.

The can was silky silver and thats the color of the car to.
Thanks for good info. After reading all replies here, I thought of waiting for sometime before I try out anything.
Old 13th July 2008, 21:56   #18
BANNED

rubbing compound basically removes a thing layer of paint, such that the scratch levels. Though I haven't tried it myself, its available in most of the car accessory shops

My dealer used some form of thinner (or something like that) to clean the surface, which removed the dirt within in the scratch. It did magic, but scratch become visible again within a month. I guess this need to be repeated every month
Old 13th July 2008, 22:52   #19
BHPian

I saw one of the paint company selling all the colors for Indian brands, saw all colors of SX4 available. It is a bottled spray paint, don't remember the company name, search this forum.
Old 14th July 2008, 10:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

I guess its Com-Paint and its useless. I bought Silky Silver for my SX4 and color does not match.

Also it will not give you that finish.
Old 14th July 2008, 15:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I guess its Com-Paint and its useless. I bought Silky Silver for my SX4 and color does not match.

oh, thanks for update, I was planning to get sunlight copper color for side protectors.

I know these color doesn't match exactly as the company color, however I trusted them as they have advertised that it matches the brand colors, mentioning the colors for each brand.
Old 14th July 2008, 20:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
oh, thanks for update, I was planning to get sunlight copper color for side protectors.

I know these color doesn't match exactly as the company color, however I trusted them as they have advertised that it matches the brand colors, mentioning the colors for each brand.
Do not waste your money and time.

They are useless for new cars. Though they can be good for non metallic, plain colors like white or black and you can dare to use them on your old cars but not new ones.
Old 15th July 2008, 16:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Agree with Rajiv. These spray paint cans are of little help & leave a bad patch, making everything look messy. I wasted Rs. 200 for that spray paint can and had similar experience like 'rjstyles69'. I intend use it for some other purpose now & not on car again.

Last edited by sukiwa : 15th July 2008 at 16:49. Reason: change of words
Old 15th July 2008, 16:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Matching metallic colour with spray cans is a tough job for a first timer. Read their instructions and follow their demo video. No subsitute for practice.

Last edited by dadu : 15th July 2008 at 17:03.
Old 15th July 2008, 16:56   #25
BHPian

Silver colour paint contains metal powder which gives the lustre and though colour matching is easy the metallic luster or reflectiveness is difficult to match.I have observed that silver colour is most difficult to match.
Old 15th July 2008, 17:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I think that once the paint is peeled, only a repaint helps. As others have said, spray paints are perhaps of no help and a waste of money and your muscle power. If there is no peeling off and just a scratch, then 3M waxing and rubbing can lighten the non-peeled scratch.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Personally, I think that once the paint is peeled, only a repaint helps. As others have said, spray paints are perhaps of no help and a waste of money and your muscle power. If there is no peeling off and just a scratch, then 3M waxing and rubbing can lighten the non-peeled scratch.
Today one auto rickshaw rubbed my SX4 from lest side back door.. so now i can see some scratches on door handle and on door with minor dents . Garage (Maruti dealer) says to claim insurance and they need to paint whole door and side back portion. Estimate is around 10K and color of car is supreme red. Is it advisable to go for it or try for some spray paint and see the result if not good go for the whole door painting. With this i will loose my NCB. Car is 2 months old. Any pointers on the same
Old 19th August 2008, 19:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

spray paints are useless, so leave that options out. Please read some of the earlier posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Today one auto rickshaw rubbed my SX4 from lest side back door.. so now i can see some scratches on door handle and on door with minor dents . Garage (Maruti dealer) says to claim insurance and they need to paint whole door and side back portion. Estimate is around 10K and color of car is supreme red. Is it advisable to go for it or try for some spray paint and see the result if not good go for the whole door painting. With this i will loose my NCB. Car is 2 months old. Any pointers on the same
Old 19th August 2008, 22:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Try using rubbing compound with buffing pad. It may solve your purpose. Thinner / spray cans is a no-no.
Old 19th August 2008, 23:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post

Absolutely right. Com-paint is absolutely useless. I tried it on my Silky Silver Swift. The color is darker than the car's color. I immediately removed it using the Com-Merge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks