Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2008, 19:02   #31
BHPian

NCB will help you in the long run. Since you have to anyway pay for cover charges(which is 1K in most cases) why dont you try smaller garages to remove dent and painting. Try 2-3 garages before you go for insurance claim.

As other have said, the touch paint is useless. I have even tried the ones you get in US
Old 17th November 2008, 11:50   #32
BHPian

If you can get the same color from the service center (some store paint cans of common colors), try the following -

Instead of using the brush, as it will apply too broadly and make your touch up of the chip or scratch really stand out, we recommend using a toothpick for better paint placement.

First clean the area of the chip or scratch. Then follow the directions on the touch up paint bottle. Usually it is mix thoroughly for 5 minutes (metallic paints may require more agitation). Then using the toothpick place the paint directly in the chip or scratch. When done allow to dry for several days before waxing or polishing (some cars have a clear cote which you would then apply in the same fashion to the affected area). By touching up the paint you have sealed the area from the environment and greatly reduced the chances of rust setting in and affecting your sheet metal.

UM
Old 6th March 2009, 18:35   #33
BANNED

I am very touchy about scratches like these.

I used Com Paint, but honestly, was not too happy with it.

You need a lot of practise, right distance and is good only for very small scratches.
Old 11th March 2009, 14:15   #34
BHPian

I tired the spray paint on my black baleno I had last year.
Frist of all it is very difficult to get a uniform coat. Also if wind or dust is there it will spoil the whole thing. I got the bumper repainted from sagar after my failed attempt.

In 2003 when we sold our scorpio, black again, the second car showroom guy, he brought some nail polish and applied it with the small brush and coverd up minor the scratches. IMHO this works well. The toughest part is to get the right color.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks