Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2023, 14:08   #16
BHPian

Re: OBDeleven codes and adaptions for Volkswagen and Skoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post

I have managed to unlock “Lower rear view mirrors while reversing” option under settings > Car > wipers. But I haven’t been able to get them to work. Has anyone managed to get it to work?

Please post any other customisations you have made with an OBDEleven Device!

While most of these features are .. gimmicky, there are some features that can be termed useful if not essential, like the secondary rev meter, Ac controls in HU, and a few more. Since these features are already there and simply set off - why do they do so? Why not enable them in the first place? Anyone know why car manufactures do this!

In my VAG car, the left ORVM would dip on engaging the reverse gear only if the mirror selector knob was turned to the left mirror position, it does not dip if the selector is in the middle or in the right mirror position (not sure if i've made myself clear).

Hope it works.
Old 27th April 2023, 14:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAvgJoe View Post
In my VAG car, the left ORVM would dip on engaging the reverse gear.
Which car was this in please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandcurious View Post
found the credits system to be interesting too.
Their credit system is really not worth it. They are mostly for gimmky stuff - like Scandinavian DRLS - which makes the rear lights light up during the day. Anyway, all the stuff that is offered by purchasing credits - Rs 260 for 10 in iOS and each mod requires 10 credits - can be done by long coding and adaptations. You have to do a few more steps, thats all. Also note if you go the credit way and enable something, you have to purchase additional credits to disable it if you don't like it. Where as if you do it under long coding, you can enable disable to your hearts content. Credits are only used for so called "Apps", i.e. "one-click" adaptations for those who do not want to play with coding features of the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Just ordered the next gen OBD model. Curious to see what stuff I can unlock or change on the Kodiaq.
You can see what you can do here

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 27th April 2023 at 15:00.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 16:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I got a friend to get an OBDEleven device from the USA as they are 5 times the price in india and I downloaded the OBDEleven app on the App Store (I have an iPhone - the app is available for droid and ios) and purchased the pro subscription for a year using the App Store.
You are just the person I was looking for. I have been unable to see Live Data for the Engine Module. I can see the various options for Live Data in other modules but i particularly bought the OBD Eleven for the engine data. Like you, I also have the app on an iPhone.

Can you check on yours and let me know please. Thanks!
Old 27th April 2023, 18:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Which car was this in please?

You can see what you can do here

This was an Audi Q3, it was there as standard. However, I got the showroom guys to activate autofold ORVMS on lock/unlock with their official OBD port thingamajig.
AnAvgJoe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 18:56   #20
BHPian

Played around with the steering profile selection today.

I can’t for the life of me understand why this is not enabled in the HU as default for one to change.

The comfort profile really eases up the steering, very good for city.

Dynamic is my choice - a tad harder than default (and substantially harder than comfort) at lower speeds, and nice and firm at higher speeds with it getting progressively harder at higher speeds. Comfort keeps the steering light at even high speeds. My wife may like this setting very much.

This one setting justifies the cost of OBDEleven for me!

OBDeleven codes and adaptions for Volkswagen and Skoda-4a0fd53a633f4f30a488440fa94571ff.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post

Can you check on yours and let me know please. Thanks!
There are quite a few live readings that work under the engine view. Are you looking for anything particular? Can see engine speed, rpm, intake and loads more.

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 27th April 2023 at 18:59.
thirdmainroad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 19:31   #21

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Wouldn’t these mods affect warranty terms?

If not wonder why Volkswagen service Center allow these changes and make money anyway..
Old 27th April 2023, 21:52   #22
BHPian

Noob alert - How much safety risk is one exposed to when we tinker with these settings?
Old 27th April 2023, 22:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
There are quite a few live readings that work under the engine view. Are you looking for anything particular? Can see engine speed, rpm, intake and loads more.
For me, nothing shows up at all when I click on Engine. Messaged you directly with a video on how it looks. Thanks.
Old 28th April 2023, 10:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
For me, nothing shows up at all when I click on Engine. Messaged you directly with a video on how it looks. Thanks.

Here’s a video of live engine Data Newtown. Posting it here Incase others are interested as well.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th May 2023 at 16:40. Reason: Newton = Newtown.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 12:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Here’s a video of live engine Data Newton.
Thanks much. Surprisingly I get nothing at all. OBDeleven support has suggested that I try using an Android phone. Shall do so this weekend.
Old 4th May 2023, 15:50   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpekter View Post
I've purchased it directly from OBDEleven website and it costed me ~6k INR including customs duty and the subscription is a seperate purchase.
Hi,
Just checked it on the website and the Pro pack retails for €99.99 which is close to 9k INR. The NextGen device without subscription is €60.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Aslam
Old 4th May 2023, 16:02   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslamjaffer View Post
Hi,
Just checked it on the website and the Pro pack retails for €99.99 which is close to 9k INR. The NextGen device without subscription is €60.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Aslam
Hi Aslam,

According to my conversations with OBDEleven support, the previous Gen device can accomplish everything the new devices can do, the only difference being no iOS support in the old devices.

It retails for 49.99 USD but of course with shipping and pro plan it goes up by a lot.
Old 4th May 2023, 16:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandcurious View Post
Hi Aslam,

According to my conversations with OBDEleven support, the previous Gen device can accomplish everything the new devices can do, the only difference being no iOS support in the old devices.

It retails for 49.99 USD but of course with shipping and pro plan it goes up by a lot.
Hey,
Thanks for the clarification. I might need the newer version device as all my handhelds are now iOS.

Let me do a little more research and decide what next.

Thanks
Aslam
Old 28th May 2023, 18:39   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Though there is a thread similar to this, it’s essentially a VCDS thread and there’s a lot of information in that thread, but mixed up with OBDEleven. Therefore I thought a thread exclusively dedicated to OBDEleven will make sense, and I hope the mods agree.

OBDEleven seems to offer almost as much customisation as VCDS, key word being almost.

Here’s a list of features I unlocked with OBDeleven device and Pro subscription on my Taigun 1.5 GT plus.

1) Speed warning chimes - off

2) Enabled AC control on Head Unit (HU)

3) Enabled another rev meter.

4) Enabled sport view on HU

5) Enabled tank refill - shows how many liters the tank will take to full.

6) Enabled wheel direction in dash view.

7) Enabled show fan speed while in auto

8) Changed AC tuning to more cooling and less air. * can change to more cooling and more air but the difference between the two options is the air speed in auto setting. * changed this back to default mode as this setting was getting me to freeze in the cabin.
I have an OBD device too, and I tried to connect to my brother's Taigun the other day to remove the speed chimes, I only found one under Dashboard -> Speed warning for India and I turned it off

How do I get to the other menus?

Thanks in advance
Old 28th May 2023, 19:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya666 View Post

How do I get to the other menus?

Thanks in advance
Check out the OBDEleven forums. Look up Taigun, Virtus and Kushaq for complete list of what you can do.

https://forum.obdeleven.com/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks