Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 21:28   #1
BHPian

OBDeleven codes and adaptions for Volkswagen and Skoda

Though there is a thread similar to this, it’s essentially a VCDS thread and there’s a lot of information in that thread, but mixed up with OBDEleven. Therefore I thought a thread exclusively dedicated to OBDEleven will make sense, and I hope the mods agree.

OBDEleven seems to offer almost as much customisation as VCDS, key word being almost.

Here’s a list of features I unlocked with OBDeleven device and Pro subscription on my Taigun 1.5 GT plus.

1) Speed warning chimes - off

2) Enabled AC control on Head Unit (HU)

3) Enabled another rev meter.

4) Enabled sport view on HU

5) Enabled tank refill - shows how many liters the tank will take to full.

6) Enabled wheel direction in dash view.

7) Enabled show fan speed while in auto

8) Changed AC tuning to more cooling and less air. * can change to more cooling and more air but the difference between the two options is the air speed in auto setting. * changed this back to default mode as this setting was getting me to freeze in the cabin.

Here’s a video of some off the “unlocked features”

Please note the video has me touching higher than allowed speeds and I did so only for a few seconds for the sake of testing. High speeds as we well know should be avoided and I do not condone high speed driving in anyway

Do anyone know how to enable Off Road Mode view in the HU? I’ve broken my head in trying to do so.

I have managed to unlock “Lower rear view mirrors while reversing” option under settings > Car > wipers. But I haven’t been able to get them to work. Has anyone managed to get it to work?

Please post any other customisations you have made with an OBDEleven Device!

While most of these features are .. gimmicky, there are some features that can be termed useful if not essential, like the secondary rev meter, Ac controls in HU, and a few more. Since these features are already there and simply set off - why do they do so? Why not enable them in the first place? Anyone know why car manufactures do this!

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th April 2023 at 10:18. Reason: Fixing numbering, (3) was repeated twice :)
thirdmainroad is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 15:43   #2
BHPian

Re: OBDeleven codes and adaptions for Volkswagen and Skoda

Could you post details of the device you have and the pro software being used?

Although I got all these features coded I want to tinker around with these settings myself; but want to know what hardware and software to buy!

Thanks!
Old 25th April 2023, 20:20   #3
BHPian

I got a friend to get an OBDEleven device from the USA as they are 5 times the price in india and I downloaded the OBDEleven app on the App Store (I have an iPhone - the app is available for droid and ios) and purchased the pro subscription for a year using the App Store.

More info here

https://obdeleven.com/en/

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 25th April 2023 at 20:23.
thirdmainroad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 20:48   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post

While most of these features are .. gimmicky, there are some features that can be termed useful if not essential, like the secondary rev meter, Ac controls in HU, and a few more. Since these features are already there and simply set off - why do they do so? Why not enable them in the first place? Anyone know why car manufactures do this!
I think the idea is to reduce the number of options that people need to click through/scroll through, to get to what they need. Which is a good thing, but they leave out some features much like movie directors leave stuff in the 'DVD extras' The wheel angle thing is kind of useful, particularly if you didn't pay attention which way the wheel was pointing, when you get in. Not a huge thing, but useful.

I'm glad you were able to get rid of the chimes; I'm a firm believer that you should drive sensibly of your own accord, and not because of a big brother watching over you or annoying chimes blaring. The whole decision to implement them was a typical 'we did our part for the safety' thing by the government, instead of actually trying to figure out ways to improve safety.

I've been planning to get an OBD11 device myself; VAG/Skoda cars have an annoying feature with automatic brake application to dry the pads, in wet conditions, which I think is silly and irritating, and leads to unnecessary brakepad usage. Many of the local modding/OBD11 groups discuss this issue, and it's probably the most sought after change carried out here.
supermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 21:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermax View Post
I
Many of the local modding/OBD11 groups discuss this issue, and it's probably the most sought after change carried out here.
There’s a setting that can switch off the brake drying, or reduce it, or increase it. Haven’t played with it yet since I have t really driven in wet conditions and noticed the brakes drying.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 22:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I got a friend to get an OBDEleven device from the USA as they are 5 times the price in india and I downloaded the OBDEleven app on the App Store (I have an iPhone - the app is available for droid and ios) and purchased the pro subscription for a year using the App Store.

More info here

https://obdeleven.com/en/
Is it worth ordering and shipping from the obdeleven site directly? Wondering what the duty will be. I am guessing it would still be lesser than the super high price here in India ?
Old 26th April 2023, 02:30   #7

Quote:
Though there is a thread similar to this, it’s essentially a VCDS thread and there’s a lot of information in that thread, but mixed up with OBDEleven. Therefore I thought a thread exclusively dedicated to OBDEleven will make sense, and I hope the mods agree.
I was reading through the posts pertaining to VCDS and had the exact same thoughts. Kudos to you for starting the discussion!

I recently got my first car, a Kushaq Monte Carlo 1.5 DSG and was looking through the options to get the speed chimes removed and dynamic mode enabled and came to the conclusion that tuners are basically charging almost the cost of an OBDEleven device for a one time modification.

I think buying one (even with the Pro subscription) would be much better. Did you manage to enable Dynamic mode (stiffens up the steering at appropriate speeds) and could you suggest where to buy the OBDEleven device from?

Cheers!
fastandcurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 08:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandcurious View Post
I recently got my first car, a Kushaq Monte Carlo 1.5 DSG. Did you manage to enable Dynamic mode
Congratulations on your first car! The Kushaq is quite the first car to have!! Here’s wishing you tens of thousands of kilometres of happy, happy motoring!

As for the costs of the costs involved - fact is that one is not going to keep using the device. Have it for a week or a month, make all the tweaks you want and then it becomes redundant. That I think is a major point to keep in mind.

There are two costs involved - the cost of the device that costs $64 (Rs 5250) in the US, some Rs 3000 in Dubai and the cost for 1 year pro subscription that’s required to make the tweaks - this costs starting from Rs 4000 and goes to Rs 5,500 depending on where you make the purchase from.

To me, what makes most sense is perhaps if we own one or two as a community in each city - if that could be worked out!

I did go through the driving profiles - you can make it stiffer, comfort or dynamic. I haven’t changed this yet, I don’t know why. Will check the different profiles and update shortly!
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 11:58   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Could you post details of the device you have and the pro software being used?

Although I got all these features coded I want to tinker around with these settings myself; but want to know what hardware and software to buy!

Thanks!
I have OBDEleven device with Pro subscription and I'm using it for my VW Vento mods. It's a very useful and handy tool to have it with any VAG car since we can scan and check for any issues that can be detected only with the software.

I've purchased it directly from OBDEleven website and it costed me ~6k INR including customs duty and the subscription is a seperate purchase.

Let me know if you need any information about the purchasing of the device and there are some promotions going on their website.

Hope this helps 🙂
Old 26th April 2023, 13:36   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpekter View Post
I have OBDEleven device with Pro subscription and I'm using it for my VW Vento mods. It's a very useful and handy tool to have it with any VAG car since we can scan and check for any issues that can be detected only with the software.

I've purchased it directly from OBDEleven website and it costed me ~6k INR including customs duty and the subscription is a seperate purchase.

Let me know if you need any information about the purchasing of the device and there are some promotions going on their website.

Hope this helps 🙂
Hey zpekter!

I'm planning on purchasing the device and had some questions. Since I can't PM yet I'll just post here.
  • Which device should I go for? I'm considering the cheapest options here (previous gen device), would they work for my use case?
  • How much customs duty would be applicable?
  • Is the subscription absolutely necessary?
Old 26th April 2023, 14:29   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandcurious View Post
Hey zpekter!

I'm planning on purchasing the device and had some questions. Since I can't PM yet I'll just post here.
  • Which device should I go for? I'm considering the cheapest options here (previous gen device), would they work for my use case?
  • How much customs duty would be applicable?
  • Is the subscription absolutely necessary?
  • You can check if your car is supported by the device or not under the description. As from my understanding all the new vehicles came from VAG stable is supported, that includes Virtus, Taigun, Kushaq and Slavia.
  • My total price was 72 Euro not out of which 33 Euro was the handling and shipping charges from DHL. This includes both customs duty and shipping charges.
  • Subscription details are depends on your use case. If you are planning to do mods then it's required, since the write option to the control module is restricted with the subscription plans.

Let me know if you need any further information.
zpekter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 11:09   #12
BHPian

Just ordered the next gen OBD model. Curious to see what stuff I can unlock or change on the Kodiaq.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 11:23   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please let me know what kind of mods did you do on the Vento with this?
I have a TDI Rapid and I'm interested in getting some tweaks done. Especially the Android auto option on the screen (my unit comes with only mirrorlink). Was quoted 5k by a coder just to get this one mod done.
Old 27th April 2023, 11:30   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
Can you please let me know what kind of mods did you do on the Vento with this?
I have a TDI Rapid and I'm interested in getting some tweaks done. Especially the Android auto option on the screen (my unit comes with only mirrorlink). Was quoted 5k by a coder just to get this one mod done.
My Vento is the 1.6MPI model and there's not much to do with the engine and remapping here. But my friends got the TSI Polo and we did some mods to it.

Coming to enabling the Android Auto functionality does the HU support the AA by default?

PQ multimedia systems have different versions with different functionalities and AA and Apple Car play are not available in all the models. RCD 340 is the one coming with both AA and CarPlay and you can check if your unit is this exact model or not.
Old 27th April 2023, 13:05   #15

Quote:
  • You can check if your car is supported by the device or not under the description. As from my understanding all the new vehicles came from VAG stable is supported, that includes Virtus, Taigun, Kushaq and Slavia.
  • My total price was 72 Euro not out of which 33 Euro was the handling and shipping charges from DHL. This includes both customs duty and shipping charges.
  • Subscription details are depends on your use case. If you are planning to do mods then it's required, since the write option to the control module is restricted with the subscription plans.

Let me know if you need any further information.
Thanks for the reply, I took a look at their site and found the credits system to be interesting too.

I reached out to their team and they confirmed that the pro plan works with the previous gen device so that's what I'm eyeing as of now.

Could you mention the exact model you purchased?

Also, you mentioned some promos?

Last edited by fastandcurious : 27th April 2023 at 13:12. Reason: correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks