Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2023, 17:16   #16
BHPian

Re: What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?

A Little fun before the tyre change!
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-img_20230926_165309vf285912.jpeg

A few Motion shots that really capture her beauty!
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20221113_054443527.motion01.cover2.jpg
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20221218_051629674.motion01.cover.jpg

The calm evenings with some rain, views and ofcourse - HER!
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230320_1312520292.jpg
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230611_120320166.jpg

Welp! with the good and the bad.. there is always the ugly (blew a coolant hose)
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230612_0845301532.jpg

Some chill pics (candids?) with the new rims!
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230620_092210298.jpg
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230620_170021437.jpg
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230729_120936145.jpg
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230826_075424085.jpg

The nights, the stars and her gorgeous stance!
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230831_170753196.night2.jpg
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230913_1458283142.jpg
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230917_153848232.jpg

Sometime the roads can't catch up
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-pxl_20230919_0409351632.jpg
CannedShroud is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 18:31   #17
BHPian

Since the car is white, go for dechrome!

Gloss/satin black depending on the part. The badges will look great in satin finish. Look at the dark editions for your inspiration
Siddj38 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 21:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedShroud View Post

How can I proceed from here?

Thanks and Regards
Just a suggestion from me. Throw in some team bhp stickers and it will look fad. See if you can paint the front disc brake callipers red. It looks good behind the black alloys.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 00:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddj38 View Post
Since the car is white, go for dechrome!

Gloss/satin black depending on the part. The badges will look great in satin finish. Look at the dark editions for your inspiration
Definitely! That's something I will explore. Sounds like an amazing idea

Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Just a suggestion from me. Throw in some team bhp stickers and it will look fad. See if you can paint the front disc brake callipers red. It looks good behind the black alloys.
Thanks for your inputs! Definately going for both!

Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 00:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Get yourself a decent ceramic coating and some frameless wipers from Bosch.
Old 27th September 2023, 00:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Get yourself a decent ceramic coating and some frameless wipers from Bosch.
Check! And check! Got the coating during delivery.. and replaced the wipers just before this rainy season!

Thanks!
CannedShroud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 12:44   #22
BHPian

I got a few BHPians asking about the light setup.. I'll try to explain the whole journey.

The XZ+ version comes with

Projector for Low beam.
Reflector for High beam.
Reflector for Fog lamp.

The car initially came with 35w halogens (if I recall correctly). Both H7. And then H8 for fogs (halogen). All of them where yellow. And the light output was extremely terrible and would not allow inter-city night drives where highway lights were dimmed or non-existent.

They were upgraded to 55w H7s and white halogens for the fogs (unsure about wattage).

This setup seemed better than the stock for sure but still wasn't adequate. Around this time, rainy season hit as well and the lack of throw and brightness from the lights became evident.

The fogs were fine, but the main lamps badly needed a change. And needed a change fast because driving in the rains was impossible.

I rushed a decision - opting for some cheap Chinese pair of bulbs for both low and high beam rated at 130w under a brand call WORLDTECH.

The difference between the halogens and the new LEDs was night and day. And the all-white setup made the car look better when cruising at night. The throw was better, the brightness was better but the spread on the halogens seemed better. It seemed as if LEDs didn't not emit light on all of the reflective surface of the projector (more on that later). High beam was fine - I use them rarely anyway and they are usually just to flash pass anyway.

Fast forward 6-8 months, one of the diodes on my Low beam LED (regretting the cheap Chinese decision here) .

This time I didn't want to rush it and I did my due research.. I needed a replacement for the low beams which are in projectors. After a few days of thinking and asking around (and a lot of YouTube and TeamBHP ). I decided to go for HIDs for the Low beams.

The LEDs being a diode are naturally placed on a PCB, now even though the PCB has diodes on both sides, the lateral sections of the PCB's depth/thickness don't emit light. I suspect this was the reason for there being a worse throw than the Halogens. (I understand different projectors react differently with different bulb technologies but I'm assuming at this point that the Altroz's projector wasn't designed for LEDs).

Zimmer seemed like a good brand as they offered a higher wattage of HID (65w). Sadly I wasn't unstable to procure 55w Osram unit. I opted for 5500k natural white config.

Here are the images!

LED vs HIDWhat Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-img_20230929_104247_622.jpg

These photo was clicked with the LED in the left projector and the HID in the right one. You can clearly see how well the HID's beams spreads as compared to the LED spread.
Although in the road, the brightness of the HID doesn't seem as bright as the LED.

Somewhere down the road, one of my fog gave up as well. And I really didn't want to go for LED fogs because of the sheer blinding light they emit when used with reflectors. But curiosity got the better of me and one of my friends convinced me to atleast try a pair of LED fogs. I didn't want to spend much in this replacement as I don't use fogs much anyway, so i decided to get a CrystalEYE 130w H8 kit (they seemed to be in all the Instagram stories at that time).

Here is the result after the change.
Current setup:
Low Beam - HID (Zimmer canbus 65W 5500K)
High Beam - LED (WORLDTECH 130w 6000k)
Fog Lamps - LED (CrystalEYE 130w 6000k)

Price for each
Low - 6000/-
High - 3000/-
Fog - 4500/-

Fogs Only
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-img_20230929_104247_931.jpg

Fogs and Low Only
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-img_20230929_104247_331.jpg

All
What Next for my Altroz iTurbo?-img_20230929_104248_133.jpg

In contrast the HIDs look a lot dimmer and granted, they needed to warm up a little more in the images but they are still not as bright as the fogs or high Beams at their best. I'd still retain them as my first choice for low beams due to their unmatched spread and throw.

Back to the fogs, they do seem to have a lot or light bleed at a specific angle - this might blind oncoming drivers... But I insist on keeping them off until absolutely necessary - and those scenarios seem rare in a tropical climate like goa so I'm sticking with them.
CannedShroud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 13:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I think you should swap the lights to something else, maybe retrofit a proper LED projector for good measure rather than this set up. In the interim you may revert to stock with Philips halogen bulbs of 55 \60 W.

Remember good OEM LED lighting is only around 20W or so, so 130W LED aftermarket bulbs are probably talking about power consumption of all of them in a shipping box.
Old 3rd October 2023, 08:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I think you should swap the lights to something else, maybe retrofit a proper LED projector for good measure rather than this set up. In the interim you may revert to stock with Philips halogen bulbs of 55 \60 W.

Remember good OEM LED lighting is only around 20W or so, so 130W LED aftermarket bulbs are probably talking about power consumption of all of them in a shipping box.

Definately agree about the LED wattage part, but I'm not sure how opening the seals on my headlight assy would turn out. Definitely don't want flooding headlights (I'm from Goa and it rains a lot).

What exactly do you think needs improvement in my setup?

Thanks and Regards
Old 3rd October 2023, 11:44   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Definately agree about the LED wattage part, but I'm not sure how opening the seals on my headlight assy would turn out. Definitely don't want flooding headlights (I'm from Goa and it rains a lot).

What exactly do you think needs improvement in my setup?

Thanks and Regards
From the images it looks like the beam pattern is not correct, bright spots, dark spots, spread etc. Whatever mods you do should be better than stock, not just in terms of brightness but the other criteria as well else your eyes will focus on the wrong parts of the road and miss something important.
Old 6th October 2023, 22:09   #26
BHPian

Hey CannedShroud, I think I have a few ideas for your project Altroz. These can be simple but make the car look and maybe perform better.

- A muffler delete or upgraded exhaust?
- LED taillamps or smoked ones?
- An upgraded turbo?
- A small lip spoiler?

These are just suggestions. but I would really like to know what you have actually planned for your car.

Also when you expressed displeasure on the scarcity of dynos, have you tried looking for options in Maharashtra? I think there should be one with a distance of less than 600 km.

Wishing you the best with more future mods!
Old 14th October 2023, 20:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
From the images it looks like the beam pattern is not correct, bright spots, dark spots, spread etc. Whatever mods you do should be better than stock, not just in terms of brightness but the other criteria as well else your eyes will focus on the wrong parts of the road and miss something important.
Yes, But I am unsure about what exactly needs an upgrade. Will keep the thread posted for any updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post

- A muffler delete or upgraded exhaust?
- LED taillamps or smoked ones?
- An upgraded turbo?
- A small lip spoiler?

These are just suggestions. but I would really like to know what you have actually planned for your car.

Also when you expressed displeasure on the scarcity of dynos, have you tried looking for options in Maharashtra? I think there should be one with a distance of less than 600 km.

Wishing you the best with more future mods!
Thanks for your kind words,

I actually do have a upgraded end can which is free-flow. The Altroz' tail lamps are already pretty dark - I am unsure of what areas would look better from a smoke treatment.

An upgrade turbo sounds like a good deal - but i have a few issues with that path...
1) I was quoted around 2L for a full setup (turbo + intercooler + hoses + tune) which for me is out of the horizon for now
2) The stock clutch is already taking a beating under the Stage 1 tune.. Adding even more torque will surely ask for a upgraded clutch (which sadly does not exist for the Altroz and has to be made on an on-order basis)
3) I am unsure about the reliability of the powertrain after such an upgrade... Especially the transmission.

Lip spoiler sounds cool - I was actually betting on the Altroz Racer to be release and get it's extended spoiler from there.. but I dont think TAMO is going to persue that release anytime soon.

For the next upgrades I am looking into ICE.. Speakers, amps and damping. This might take a while though because I am really not familiar with speakers and similar equipment and sources for sub-par knowledge about products (ahem youtube builds) are immense.

So for now.. trying to scour tbhp for that

I have actually put together a small list,

Front: SONY ES Components
Back: SONY ES Coaxials
Amp: SONY GS4 Amp
Damping: Doors, double layer - Morel 2.4mm

I already have a 8 inch under-seat sub..

Will keep the thread posted when I do finally decide, and hopefully can get some guidance regarding my choices and options as well!

Thanks and Regards
Old 14th October 2023, 20:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Continental UC6 205/55/r16 rubber (maybe not so much of a mod but it's definitely worth it)[*]Aftermarket rims (16 inch 7J)
The last few pics of the car are with the original rims. Have you reverted back?

Quote:
[*]Stage 1+ remap from WolfMoto[*]95 RON Fuel Calibration from WolfMoto
Finally someone has done it.

Quote:
How can I proceed from here?
Stage 2.

Quote:
This is a rabbit hole honestly I'm trying to keep myself from going down , I lack the proper knowledge or the budget (maybe) needed to get a good setup. But yes we will probably get there sooner or later haha.
Quote:
For the next upgrades I am looking into ICE.. Speakers, amps and damping. This might take a while though because I am really not familiar with speakers and similar equipment and sources for sub-par knowledge about products (ahem Youtube builds) are immense.

So for now.. trying to scour tbhp for that

I have actually put together a small list,

Front: SONY ES Components
Back: SONY ES Coaxials
Amp: SONY GS4 Amp
Damping: Doors, double layer - Morel 2.4mm

I already have a 8 inch under-seat sub..
Since you are based in Ponda, Clarity Audio does a decent job.

Quote:
An upgrade turbo sounds like a good deal - but i have a few issues with that path...
1) I was quoted around 2L for a full setup (turbo + intercooler + hoses + tune) which for me is out of the horizon for now
2) The stock clutch is already taking a beating under the Stage 1 tune.. Adding even more torque will surely ask for a upgraded clutch (which sadly does not exist for the Altroz and has to be made on an on-order basis)
3) I am unsure about the reliability of the powertrain after such an upgrade... Especially the transmission.
May I know from whom you got his quote?

BTW are you a part of the Altroz Owners Group that meets up at Verna Industrial Estate?
Old 14th October 2023, 20:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
The last few pics of the car are with the original rims. Have you reverted back?
Hey!, no they are older images.. Loving the new look! (just rubs the wheel wells at a specific angle... need to downsize!)

Quote:
Stage 2.
From what I have asked around, the low end torque will drop by a great margin.. the FE as well and the gains are not as significant.

Quote:
Since you are based in Ponda, Clarity Audio does a decent job.
In touch with him, doing parallel research as well!

Quote:
May I know from whom you got his quote?
It was an approximation by an engineer at wolf, have not investigated the same further due to the reliability concerns.

Quote:
BTW are you a part of the Altroz Owners Group that meets up at Verna Industrial Estate?
Uh... not really - I would love to be a part though!

Thanks and Regards
Old 15th October 2023, 12:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Uh... not really - I would love to be a part though!
They are on FB and Insta. Akshay from TBHP (akshay380) is an active member. You can ask him to add you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks