Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2008, 15:21   #46
BHPian

Hi even I have a SX4 ZXI. I get about 8.5 to 10 in the city and 10 to 13 on the highway. I have noticed that it depends entirely on how hard you drive the car. On weeks (i consume about one tankful of petrol a week) when I have lots of drag races I get close to 8.5kmpl (sometimes even less). with a more relaxed driving i get about 9.5kmpl.

SX4 does not give a good fuel efficiency but its fun to drive and is a good tourer. Her large tires, stiff suspension and ground clearance are a boon on poor roads. (just did Mumbai - Leh with her)
Old 7th September 2008, 14:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Locomotive,

have you written a travelogue as yet? Mumbai to Ladakh must have been some trip.
Old 7th September 2008, 15:20   #48
BHPian

hi
mine has done 8000+ kms.
with 100% a/c the mileage is 9-9.5 in the city.
Old 7th September 2008, 20:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Locomotive,

have you written a travelogue as yet? Mumbai to Ladakh must have been some trip.

I would write one soon. Probably a pictorical travelogue than a wordy one. It was indeed a super trip. a must add to ones bucket list
Old 8th September 2008, 09:04   #50
BHPian

Mine is 3 months old with 1550 on odometer
Gives between 9.5 to 10.5 in city. AC 60 to 70% on as i travel in morning so i prefer to inhale fresh air.
Highway it gave around 11 to 12 with 100% AC.
Old 8th September 2008, 11:58   #51
BHPian

Everyone who has complained of bad fuel efficiency, please mention whether you use Full Tank to Full Tank method to check your FE. This is the only reliable method available to the common man.
Old 8th September 2008, 12:24   #52
BHPian

hey bro..the mileage reported by me is purely calculated by tank-to-tank method..consistently 8kmpl..i dont know how !! Although as advised by someone,, i reset the ECU by the -ve terminal method. lets c if it helps..fingers crossed..
Old 8th September 2008, 19:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3g0l4s
then i got my vehicle serviced and went for the clutch replacement too and ever since i got it serviced the mileage has come down drastically with ac on itz around 6 and withou ac itz around 8
An FE of 6kmpl is really low for an SX4 for your city. Given its weight, power, wheels etc, I would think that it should return around 10kmpl with 100% a/c in cities like Che/Hyd/Blore.

Must be some screw-up during the service. Do sit on the MASS guys till they identify & rectify the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai
I am surprised that you guys mention the mileage of sx4 as 8-9.all the cars i have seen is returning arround 12-13 and i know a guy who had a city which was givingg him 17 and thenn he got his sx4 which is giving him arround 14 -15 regularly with a/c.these figures are tank full to tank full.
@ram, the place of driving makes a big difference, when we are discussing FE figures. I am guessing that the figures you mention are from Kerala (Aleppey, Kylm etc), where traffic conditions are not bad like in the cities and for a car that gives 10 in city, I would not be surprised if it gave 12 there.
Old 6th October 2008, 22:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
An FE of 6kmpl is really low for an SX4 for your city. Given its weight, power, wheels etc, I would think that it should return around 10kmpl with 100% a/c in cities like Che/Hyd/Blore.

Must be some screw-up during the service. Do sit on the MASS guys till they identify & rectify the problem.

@ram, the place of driving makes a big difference, when we are discussing FE figures. I am guessing that the figures you mention are from Kerala (Aleppey, Kylm etc), where traffic conditions are not bad like in the cities and for a car that gives 10 in city, I would not be surprised if it gave 12 there.
mine is giving 11.25 calculated over 14 months of its life, ~7200 km. I dont remember city/hw mix but my office is 2KM and i come home for lunch, short drive are bad for FE. Recently I went on a 900Km trip, half of that on himalayas upto 10000 feet on real bad roads, other was driving around 80-100kmph, I estimate that fe was around 14. Well no AC required on hill.

My car in mine previous life was 1.3 time heavy, 2.7 times poweful used to give me ~9kmpl, not bad for 0-96 in 6sec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks