Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 19:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Engine Jerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Yes its same as the mirage in us in the mpi avatar, this happens only on load only and not during idling and out of ten time it happens 7- 8 times.

Pramod
Does it happen in any gear at around 1500rpm?

PS I sent you a private message
Old 16th June 2014, 20:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray32825 View Post
Does it happen in any gear at around 1500rpm?

PS I sent you a private message
Yes it does, thanks for your pm very generous of you.

Pramod
Old 17th June 2014, 03:14   #33
BHPian

Pramod, please go ahead and change the distributor cap and rotor and while doing so make sure you examine the ignition coil for any signs of arcing. Spray some brake parts cleaner liberally onto the open distributor and coil to get rid of any residue of oil etc.
Wait a few minutes for the cleaner to evaporate and then install the cap and rotor. Now, assuming that you have no problems with the spark plug boots we should not have any arcing taking place on the high tension side of the ignition system.
Below is a diagram of what you distributor should look like. (Diagram from Alldata)
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Jerking-screenhunter_73-jun.-16-16.16.jpg  

Ray32825 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 10:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray32825 View Post
Pramod, please go ahead and change the distributor cap and rotor and while doing so make sure you examine the ignition coil for any signs of arcing. Spray some brake parts cleaner liberally onto the open distributor and coil to get rid of any residue of oil etc.
Wait a few minutes for the cleaner to evaporate and then install the cap and rotor. Now, assuming that you have no problems with the spark plug boots we should not have any arcing taking place on the high tension side of the ignition system.
Below is a diagram of what you distributor should look like. (Diagram from Alldata)
Spoke the my mechanic and he said he already cleaned the Distributor Cap.

I will get it re done again.

Pramod
Old 17th June 2014, 23:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Update Mitsubishi is not ready to render one bit of help, they are saying they need a donor car. Another update is the issue does not happen during the noon and the rpm is now shifted to ~ 1800

Pramod
Old 17th August 2015, 13:47   #36
BHPian

Maruti 800 - Queries

Hello everyone,

Car in question - M800 - 1999 - Carb - 55k on ODO

Jerks: Jerks are observed in motion, noticeable above 35 kph. Changed spark plugs, distributor cap and wiring, Serviced Carburetor. Fuel lines & Clutch are ok.

Any leads?

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th August 2015, 13:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti 800 - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Hello everyone,

Car in question - M800 - 1999 - Carb - 55k on ODO

Jerks: Jerks are observed in motion, noticeable above 35 kph. Changed spark plugs, distributor cap and wiring, Serviced Carburetor. Fuel lines & Clutch are ok.

Any leads?

Thanks in advance.
How about the idle jet setting and the fuel filter/air filter ? Had a similar issue with my old carb 800. They overhauled the entire carb but the issue did not go away for some time. It resolved on it's own after some period of driving after the tune up was done. Is the car driven till it reaches the reserve ?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 14:34   #38
BHPian

Check PCV, fuel pump, (tank-clean?? - as suggested by sumeethaldankar above, there may be some junk at the bottom that gets sucked in intermittently).
Good luck and let us know how you fixed it!

GIYF

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3081723AAbDhoe

Last edited by mvadg : 17th August 2015 at 14:35. Reason: clean up
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 17:45   #39
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for prompt replies.

Apparently the MASS changed the Jet screw as well. Tank has been cleaned at the same time they changed the fuel gauge float assembly 2 days back.

They recommend the Distributor replacement. I won't mind going for it as long as it solves the issue.
Old 17th August 2015, 22:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for prompt replies.

Apparently the MASS changed the Jet screw as well. Tank has been cleaned at the same time they changed the fuel gauge float assembly 2 days back.

They recommend the Distributor replacement. I won't mind going for it as long as it solves the issue.
If the distributor change does not resolve the issue have the fuel pump looked. Also ditch mass and find a good garage to do the tune up. Mass technicians do not know how to tune a carb properly as they are now used to fuel injection engines.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 17th August 2015 at 22:30.
Old 18th August 2015, 10:38   #41
BHPian

Thanks for the reply Sumeet.

In fact, I second your opinion. It is not that I have not tried any FNCG in Pune. Unfortunately, I did not have the good experience with any of them. Would be great if someone could recommend a good mechanic in Pune.

Other pending issues:

1. Speedometer needle wobbles : Recently changed steering rack and axles.
2. Noise from wheels : Need to check bearings. Getting wheels aligned & balanced today.
3. Horn functions properly only at speed > 35 kph
4. LH Rear door denting & painting : Any recommended workshop ?

Will keep posted.
Old 7th May 2016, 12:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

VW Polo - Car Jerks At Low RPM (Bad Fuel or Something Else?)

Hi everybody,

I am not sure if this issue warrants for a new thread but I could not find a suitable thread to post this issue.

I own a 2011 VW Polo 1.6 and have driven a good 58k kms till date. Recently after filling a full tank of fuel at a fuel station that we always use for all our cars, the car is jerking during pick up below 2000 rpm. Once it crosses 2000 rpm, it picks up smoothly. I can also feel the car jerking on idle. The jerks during idle are random and is for a split second so only a regular driver of the car will really notice. But while driving, it is very noticeable. There is no warning signs displaying on the instrument cluster.

I am just back from the VW service centre and after explaining them the issue and after a test drive they suspect adulterated fuel. They have however advised to continue driving the car and wait till the fuel indicator lowers by one or two bars and said that it should sort out itself by then. However if it still continues after that, then I should get the car to them and they will do a through check.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? Could this really be fuel related or something more?
Old 16th May 2016, 11:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Car Jerks At Low RPM (Bad Fuel or Something Else?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi everybody,

I am not sure if this issue warrants for a new thread but I could not find a suitable thread to post this issue.

I own a 2011 VW Polo 1.6 and have driven a good 58k kms till date. Recently after filling a full tank of fuel at a fuel station that we always use for all our cars, the car is jerking during pick up below 2000 rpm. Once it crosses 2000 rpm, it picks up smoothly. I can also feel the car jerking on idle. The jerks during idle are random and is for a split second so only a regular driver of the car will really notice. But while driving, it is very noticeable. There is no warning signs displaying on the instrument cluster.

I am just back from the VW service centre and after explaining them the issue and after a test drive they suspect adulterated fuel. They have however advised to continue driving the car and wait till the fuel indicator lowers by one or two bars and said that it should sort out itself by then. However if it still continues after that, then I should get the car to them and they will do a through check.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? Could this really be fuel related or something more?
So I got the car checked at the VW service centre and the reason was simply bad spark plugs and not contaminated fuel which was a relief for me. Spark plugs have been changed and the car is smooth like butter and pick up has tremendously improved. I just love the way my car feels now.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 13:13   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
So I got the car checked at the VW service centre and the reason was simply bad spark plugs and not contaminated fuel which was a relief for me.
When were the plugs last changed? The interval is usually two years. Please check your owners manual to verify VW did change it at the correct time.

I doubt if all the plugs were shot. It must have been one of them causing the misfire. Anyway; your problem is solved.
Old 16th May 2016, 13:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
When were the plugs last changed? The interval is usually two years. Please check your owners manual to verify VW did change it at the correct time.

I doubt if all the plugs were shot. It must have been one of them causing the misfire. Anyway; your problem is solved.
Good question. My car has done 58k kms and the plugs were to be changed at 45k kms (third service) which was not done by VW. My first (15k kms) and second (30k kms) service was done at their Andheri workshop. My third (45k kms) service was done at their Kurla workshop and this is where my plugs were to be changed but was not done. So I assume the plugs were never changed since the time I bought my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks