Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2016, 13:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Car Jerks At Low RPM (Bad Fuel or Something Else?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi everybody,

I am not sure if this issue warrants for a new thread but I could not find a suitable thread to post this issue.

I own a 2011 VW Polo 1.6 and have driven a good 58k kms till date. Recently after filling a full tank of fuel at a fuel station that we always use for all our cars, the car is jerking during pick up below 2000 rpm. Once it crosses 2000 rpm, it picks up smoothly. I can also feel the car jerking on idle. The jerks during idle are random and is for a split second so only a regular driver of the car will really notice. But while driving, it is very noticeable. There is no warning signs displaying on the instrument cluster.

I am just back from the VW service centre and after explaining them the issue and after a test drive they suspect adulterated fuel. They have however advised to continue driving the car and wait till the fuel indicator lowers by one or two bars and said that it should sort out itself by then. However if it still continues after that, then I should get the car to them and they will do a through check.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? Could this really be fuel related or something more?
Quote:
So I got the car checked at the VW service centre and the reason was simply bad spark plugs and not contaminated fuel which was a relief for me. Spark plugs have been changed and the car is smooth like butter and pick up has tremendously improved. I just love the way my car feels now.
Quote:
Good question. My car has done 58k kms and the plugs were to be changed at 45k kms (third service) which was not done by VW. My first (15k kms) and second (30k kms) service was done at their Andheri workshop. My third (45k kms) service was done at their Kurla workshop and this is where my plugs were to be changed but was not done. So I assume the plugs were never changed since the time I bought my car.
So this issue cropped up again two days ago and I was pretty surprised at this. After the spark plugs were changed, the car performed brilliantly and I even drove a good 250 kms to Igatpuri and back just last week with no issues. Day before yesterday, I could all of a sudden feel slight jerking while driving. This was very minor and rare so ignored it. However, yesterday, it was more prominent and made driving pretty uncomfortable.

Took it to the VW service centre today and the VAS showed an error that the cylinder 2 was misfiring. The mechanic suspected the ignition coil and so got it changed. The error vanished and on testing it was again flawless.

I hope the problem is solved. Only time will tell.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks