Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 20:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Long drives on my swift..left knee pain

Has anyone successfully retrofitted a dead pedal to a Maruti car yet? I was going through ebay, and there is a set of pedals available there for sale. Would such a set help in the Swift? (The set mentioned is for a VW)
Old 31st October 2012, 22:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max
Reviving this thread to get important feedback from rajshenoy. I started getting left knee pain even if i drive my car for 10-15 mins. I was driving a Ritz till last month, covered more than 50K kms in 3 years. I never had this issue with Ritz. After changing to new swift, i am getting horrible pain in my left calf muscle and it transitions to knee after sometime. Any ideas how to avoid the pain?
I somehow missed your query. You should have quoted me so that i could reply on time

Coming to the problem, well i still drive same car and my usage is three times more too but my pain has gone. Gayab!!

Reasons
1. May be i am used to this car
2. Seating position - this is important, i realised that my seat was bit too backward,though appeared comfy it was making my left leg muscles stretch, causing pain after long drives
3. Lack of dead pedal- i was over cautious not to rest my foot on clutch and this resulted more stress. Since we can't fit a dead pedal its even tougher. But i am now used to keep my foot firmly below and moving rapidly when needed

Its working for me now. So request you to experiment with seating to get that best combination.
Old 31st October 2012, 22:33   #33
BHPian

Re: Long drives on my swift..left knee pain

Well, been through it recently and had harrowing time. So visited a doctor and went through physio therapy for a week.

Following are the reasons which contributed to the pain:

1. IT guy, long hours sitting at one place with very less motion to legs and even lesser excercise (hectic schedules!)
2. Diesel car, with hard clutch and Hijewadi traffic. (Prime reason to sell off my Figo TDCi!)

The above two reasons ensured that the hamstring of the left knee is weakened more than the right leg. Trust me guys, this can be serious if not taken heed earlier!

Now the solution:

Very simple, hardly any time consuming excercises! I cannot explain them here, but if you do a search on google with "Hamstring excercises" there are plenty of resources.

Basically these excercises aim at streching the knee muscles. Best part is, these can be done while sitting on your office chair, lying down on bed or even standing in the cafeteria queue!

So, a humble request to all the people reading this:

Please find time for yourself. Understand what the body demands. If not a proper work out, spend some 10-15 mins daily to keep yourself fit!

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks