Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 21:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I dont think current injector setup is modified.
When I throughly checked out the Cedia LPG system , there was a separate fuel rail for the LPG injectors.
Thats exactly what the sequential kits are all about. Separate injectors for LPG.
Please use the sequential kit. Anything else will ruin your car and remember there is so much at stake. Finding an installer is the next headache.
Old 6th December 2007, 02:40   #17
BHPian

well after reading all the comments, i thought what the hell! i called my pal and SEALED THE DEAL. im getting the delivery as soon as he leaves for US.

Now i want to know which kit would be best suited and contact information of any experienced person who would be able to do this job.

(PS - mods please add this to my original post.)
Old 7th December 2007, 07:58   #18
BHPian

I suggest Closed Loop system from Landi Renzo/Shrimanker Bedini/Tartarani/Minda Impco/Ecogas....Stay away from fakes and Chinese ones.

Look for the Product Code/ Batch Code / DOM Should be too old/Check the Wiring Harness should be from Good companies like Motherson Sumi .- All genuine kits carry part numbers and codes which are later checked and endorsed by the RTO Guys on the RC of the car.

Replace the Air Filter, Spark Plugs and clean the throttle before the Retrofittment, Do ride with the Installer both pre and post installation to find the best match of Gas-Air Power suiting your sytle.

Don't opt for Open Loop, It will be damaging for the Accord Lamda system and ECU.

Don't forget to check for Legality of the Endorsement on RC and get it done only from Approved Installer.

Don't forget to Inform the Insurance company and Increase your IDV Cover to CNG/LPG

Last edited by wolfinstein : 7th December 2007 at 08:00.
Old 7th December 2007, 13:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Keep in mind that here we are CNG'ing a 140bhp 2.4L engine.
Anything lesser than a sequential kit might lead to engine starvation at full throttle.
Old 8th December 2007, 12:59   #20
BHPian

With Closed loop, The CNG System caps the Limit of RPM and Speed, if it senses a increased demand for power it converts the Higher RPM into Petrol Mode and shifts back to CNG at the Optimal range set.

It does not matter specifically about capacity engine is being used, since I have seen Mercs/Mondeos/Accords all converted into CNG at filler pumps running on Open Loop, not even the advanced Closed loop.

Sequential systems are good, but its better to either wait till the CNG equipment companies start offering them commercially and ofcourse they being approved by ARAI for use in Indian Cars.

As of now, Sequential Kits are still pending approval, whats being offered are imported varients.
Old 8th December 2007, 16:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Actually, I would suggest you to pay a visit to your Honda *** and they will surely know a coupleof City's that are on CNG (or hang outside major CNG stations ). Ask them about their installers.
Shrimanker is very decent for Tata cars, Apra for maruti (ALOT of the CNG white taxis in delhi are courtesy Apra) -make sure he's touched a Honda before they open up your Accord!

All the best, keep us updated!
Old 8th December 2007, 19:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmob View Post
well i know it sounds crazy to even think about converting a car like Honda Accord to CNG, but i would like to know if it can be done........

The thing is that one of my real close friend owns a 2006 Honda Accord 2.4 i-vtec M/T. He is shifting to US and has offered me his car at a mind blowing price of 6lacs. The car is single hand, almost scratchless and has done only about 15000 Kms or so. In a word it looks almost new.

Now my problem is that my daily running is in the range of 70-110 Kms and considering that using the accord on petrol is not feasible for me. Buying it just for keeping it in my garage as a status symbol is not something i want to do. So i would like to know if the accord can be converted to CNG. if it can be then i would be really happy to buy it, otherwise i would have to let go such a nice deal :-(

One more thing, can automatic cars be converted to CNG???

Thanks
no man dont do it,,seriously its an Accord!!!!,,and the worst thing is after the conversion,it will smell of cng and u can kiss the status symbol good bye
Old 9th December 2007, 09:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Dude, your signature shows u have a verna CRDi right?? Use that for the long runs and leave the accord on petrol! Use it on weekends or for some functions! One look at that cng cap on the accord and people will brand you as a cheapskate!
Old 9th December 2007, 09:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
no man dont do it,,seriously its an Accord!!!!,,and the worst thing is after the conversion,it will smell of cng and u can kiss the status symbol good bye

Firstly CNG does not smell in cabin or afterburn, If it does means a leak but then it dissipates faster as its lighter than Air itself.

@ JayD There is No filler Cap with CNG, Its only with LPG You need Filler Caps on side.

Status and Care for Enviorment with Cost benefits is What the world needs, Like we said More and more people in Delhi have converted their status cars into CNG for Smart running along with Status benefits.

If people rate Status to maintain higher than reducing the load on the enviorment, Sorry to say but then We are maintaining a False Status.

Nobody says or forcibly converts you into Alternate fuels, its your own choice for Cost benfits, Plus it makes you feel good about running a cleaner car.

I don't think its such a major problem,just reach the main distributor and get it installed from them. I suggest check this website out of a Large Distributor in South Delhi.

www.cng.in

Last edited by wolfinstein : 9th December 2007 at 09:48.
Old 9th December 2007, 12:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

coolmob while I don't support your idea of CNGing Honda Accord, but looks like you have made up your mind.
But I would like to bring your attention to some other point aswell.

The price of second hand accord you are getting is damn good. But do remember at the end of the day you are getting special price. The cost for spares and servicing will remain as per market price. So make sure you are comfortable with it.
Old 9th December 2007, 16:12   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Dude, your signature shows u have a verna CRDi right?? Use that for the long runs and leave the accord on petrol! Use it on weekends or for some functions! One look at that cng cap on the accord and people will brand you as a cheapskate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33 View Post
coolmob while I don't support your idea of CNGing Honda Accord, but looks like you have made up your mind.
But I would like to bring your attention to some other point aswell.

The price of second hand accord you are getting is damn good. But do remember at the end of the day you are getting special price. The cost for spares and servicing will remain as per market price. So make sure you are comfortable with it.

well, even i am having second thoughts as a friend of mine told me about someone who DID CONVERT his accord A/T into CNG and blew up something which costed him 90,000 to repair!!!!

i am trin to get in touch with that guy and confirm exactly what went wrong and why. till then i have bought the car and driving it on petrol.

Lets wait and watch................
Old 9th December 2007, 23:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

How about reselling the car in a month, making atleast 50-60k and spending that on new shoes for the car?
Old 10th December 2007, 23:41   #28
BHPian

a friend of mine also got a cng kit fitted and later removed it as was really unhappy with the results(didn't actually get in the details as to why he was unhappy but mainly because his daily running was less and power loss was quite evident),
if you are thinking or in near future if you plan to sell it i will buy it anyday,

just pm and let me know and i will be there to take it.....
Old 11th December 2007, 20:02   #29
BHPian

bottom line is
you can see lot of people here ready to give you extra mony to buy but once you have cng fitted, they will all get disappear,,,,
I hope u understand dont play with this, you will dmage the engine.
and rest all dont put any more discussions as my elder bro got optra with authorised cng kit
now after 1 year he i trying best to sell it off..
last but not least am also one of the buyer across hehehe
cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
Old 12th December 2007, 15:01   #30
BHPian

I don't know why are you worried about Damaged engines, Its just a deterrent in minds of many...I have yet to see such engines damaged by Use of CNG, I searched a lot and found nothing, In Malayasia there is a commuity running called NGV check that out, people there have retrofitted their Protons, Hondas, Lancers into CNG...Nobody complains of such.

Just ensure that its maintained properly and you don't skip the mandatory checks involved...!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks