Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 03:20   #1
BHPian

Honda Accord on CNG!!!!!!

well i know it sounds crazy to even think about converting a car like Honda Accord to CNG, but i would like to know if it can be done........

The thing is that one of my real close friend owns a 2006 Honda Accord 2.4 i-vtec M/T. He is shifting to US and has offered me his car at a mind blowing price of 6lacs. The car is single hand, almost scratchless and has done only about 15000 Kms or so. In a word it looks almost new.

Now my problem is that my daily running is in the range of 70-110 Kms and considering that using the accord on petrol is not feasible for me. Buying it just for keeping it in my garage as a status symbol is not something i want to do. So i would like to know if the accord can be converted to CNG. if it can be then i would be really happy to buy it, otherwise i would have to let go such a nice deal :-(

One more thing, can automatic cars be converted to CNG???

Thanks
Old 5th December 2007, 06:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

I've seen optras, citys with CNG by the bucket loads. Check arai website for authorised converters, speak to them if they are authorized!
Old 5th December 2007, 08:51   #3
BHPian

Thats actually a mind blowing price! Anyways ,i would advice you to avoid getting CNG installed in a new Accord

use some other car as a daily driver & keep the accord for weekends.

P.S-if you change your mind & dont buy the accord,i will buy it IMMEDIATELY!let me know,i hope its not Golden/Beige.
Old 5th December 2007, 09:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajs View Post

P.S-if you change your mind & dont buy the accord,i will buy it IMMEDIATELY!let me know,i hope its not Golden/Beige.
Hahahaha GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE.

So shall we have this car on the market thread then???
Old 5th December 2007, 09:19   #5
BHPian

A fellow forum member DRIVEN(Manik) from delhi has CNG in his '02 accord.
you might want to contact him to know its pros and cons
Old 5th December 2007, 09:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmob View Post
well i know it sounds crazy to even think about converting a car like Honda Accord to CNG, but i would like to know if it can be done........

The thing is that one of my real close friend owns a 2006 Honda Accord 2.4 i-vtec M/T. He is shifting to US and has offered me his car at a mind blowing price of 6lacs. The car is single hand, almost scratchless and has done only about 15000 Kms or so. In a word it looks almost new.

Now my problem is that my daily running is in the range of 70-110 Kms and considering that using the accord on petrol is not feasible for me. Buying it just for keeping it in my garage as a status symbol is not something i want to do. So i would like to know if the accord can be converted to CNG. if it can be then i would be really happy to buy it, otherwise i would have to let go such a nice deal :-(

Thanks
Hi Coolmob,

Well... to me it doesn't sounds "crazy" but sounds a "wise man demanding for more luxury", and take my words you are not alone on planet to do it.. i have seen CRV/Corolla/Petrol Octavia plugged-in with CNG.

Though Approved Kits aren't available till yet, but you Authorized Service Center People can always plug-in the "up-to mark CNG kit" in your Car (which is important). Also, as an alternative you can get in touch with approved Kits Importers here. Try Shrimankar, they are gernally good in there services and after-sales support.

I am not very sure of Automatic Cars Conversion !!

Also, in case you are not interested in buying the same i have readily available buyer, a family member is looking out for 2006-2007 Accord !!

R's
Ashi
Old 5th December 2007, 11:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmob View Post

Thanks
I saw a 2004 Accord fitted with LPG in Chennai with Sequential Kit.There's no loss in power as well as torque.For me the Engine is too smooth while running in LPG.Please get some senior advice bro!.
Old 5th December 2007, 13:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Get urself a sequential injection CNG kit.
I believe it costs around 75k.
Old 5th December 2007, 13:53   #9
BHPian

I would recommend the Closed Loop system- Don't just go for the Sequential Kit until you are sure, Since the Kit is really advanced and High Tech, it needs to be compatible with your Accord.

Closed/Open loop system would not tamper with the Orignal Fuel Systems in place and can easily be removed, With the sequential system, the Current Injector setup is modfied.
Old 5th December 2007, 13:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

I dont think current injector setup is modified.
When I throughly checked out the Cedia LPG system , there was a separate fuel rail for the LPG injectors.
Old 5th December 2007, 14:02   #11
BHPian

Yes, but that was OEM Equipped Cedia LPG, The aftermarket Systems do not provide the same system eitherway CNG or LPG.

Check this out Omnitek Natural Gas Fuel Injection and Emission Control for Diesel to CNG Conversion and Hydrogen
Old 5th December 2007, 14:10   #12
BANNED

Considering the price he's offered to you is really a steal , dunno why he's selling it for a way lower price than market price anywas buy the car & sell the car in market you could earn 2L or more profit on it & then buy a Optra diesel
Old 5th December 2007, 17:02   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

With the dents my automatic accord is making in my fuel bill, i am gonna have to either fit an LPG kit in it soon or sell it !
Old 5th December 2007, 17:09   #14
BHPian

Better to go for a sequential injection kit be it LPG or CNG. Looks like soon or later even mercedez is going to consider alternative fuel options seriously. Think about a mercedez with LPG. :-). Just kidding.

But sometime back i read like they are testing using bio-diesel in a C class.
Anybody knows about that?..
Old 5th December 2007, 17:43   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
With the dents my automatic accord is making in my fuel bill, i am gonna have to either fit an LPG kit in it soon or sell it !
And if it is at 6L, then you already have two buyers on this thread itself and probably a line outside your garage!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks