Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2005, 15:58   #16
Team-BHP Support

About Sajeeth's problem... he says it is the Catalytic Converter or Oxysensor... cant be sure though unless inspects the car (Impossible for Sajeeth).... it could be anything among the two
Old 1st January 2005, 18:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
@ Speedsatya...not 40 kmpl exactly.... but he would certainly derive a satisfying result (Always better) than what you currently get... here is where differences in engineering come to play...
:)[/color
[/color]
[/font]

it is nice to see someone getting good FE figures.but i dont agree with u that he will straightaway get better FE figures.
if he gets better FE than u ,it doesnt mean that he wud get better than others also.

[SIZE=1]also has OD sent a special issue to u .i have not read anywhere in the december issue abt 1.6 palio be relaunched[/SIZE]

Last edited by speedsatya : 1st January 2005 at 18:22.
Old 1st January 2005, 19:41   #18
Team-BHP Support

ok Satya... what can I say... agreed... and I do not recollect whether it is Autocar or Overdrive would confirm and post...
Old 1st January 2005, 21:31   #19
Team-BHP Support

i sumhwe find it next to impossible to believe the figures !
cud v even expect like 10-12 frm supercars then
no offence dude !
- manson .

Quote:
[color=Blue][font=Comic Sans MS]Yes I mean it... Palio aint any fuel sucker... guys I have friend in Pune who is the works manager (Service) for a Fiat dealership here... well, if I can praise anybody's driving is his... he has about 5-6 complaints daily regarding high fuel consumption in the Palio... and the same car tested by him gives a consumption decrease by over 45-50 %... he has recorded a maximum average in the Palio diesel of 30 kmpl ... beat that !!! and about say 18-20 kmpl for most of the 1.6's and about 16-24 for the 1.2's... he has customer signed letters stating that they are satisfied with the fuel economy... get your car here to Pune and I challenge that you wont go back unhappy... he will teach you HOW TO DRIVE!!! MPFI cars need a disciplined driving.. you cannot floor the pedal whenever wherever u feel like... there are ways to do it.... my buddy also has about 15-20 different samples of adulterated fuel found on customer cars ... he has them stored in bottles on a shelf in his cabin... (also labelled them according to the fuel pump that supplies it) .... well here's an interesting thing to try... this will show you how advanced is the engine management system in the Palio Diesel (With good unadulterated Diesel)... put 5 heavy people in the car... find a steep slope.... roll down all the windows....put the AC to full blast.... engage 1st gear ...do not accelerate... release the clutch completely NOTE:
here u do not accelerate at all... observe what happens and reply back.... very exciting and awesome to try... u will learn the definition of TORQUE....!!! [/font][/color]
Old 1st January 2005, 22:21   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

palio 1.6 to be ralaunched...
not in aci so it has to be OD ....
someone please confirm this ...
im very excited now ...
Old 1st January 2005, 23:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok Satya... what can I say... agreed... and I do not recollect whether it is Autocar or Overdrive would confirm and post...

Dear Moral,
i think u r talking about the OD article on the new palio and petra.maybe u want to say that the palio in 1.2 and the petra in 1.6 versions will be out with modifications to their body also.

maybe it was a typing mistike
but there is nothing abt a palio in 1.6.

cheers
Old 2nd January 2005, 01:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

it is next to impossible to get such milege figures.i recently drove my palio with the lightest foot ever i have driven any car ant it still managed only 12.5 kmpl.on a recent trip to nasik and daman it averaged 11kmpl under full highway driving and speed hovering around 100-120kmph sometimes topping 160kmph with agressive acceleration and overtaking.not bad i feel.also i feel fiat will launch the 1.6 in the new shaped palio to counter the getz.also i heard that the panda is comming soon.
Old 2nd January 2005, 02:18   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

1. If you want 10+ kpl from a Palio 1.6...then you really dont deserve a 1.6. Get a 1.2 or a 1.9D. The 1.6 is a scorcher and it would be a shame to see this car being driven for mileage.

2. I dont doubt the abilities of this pune workshop chap, and dont have to say much about the mileage figures he has achieved. I went once for a Zen mileage drive with the manager of Vitesse. Sure he got close to 19 kpl in the city, but the way he drove...it is a crime to drive a petrol engine that way. I mean...even a diesel Premier Padmini 137D would be faster!!! The minute the zen started rolling, he slams into 2nd. Then, before you can even say "KPL" hes into third.

Theres more to life than just the kpl...

GTO
Old 2nd January 2005, 11:19   #24
Team-BHP Support

He doesnt drive @ 40 kmph or to that matter 60 kmph for these figures... get ur cars here guys... too hard too believe for everyone... lets have a t-BHP Pune meet.. I will get my buddy along... we can have better talks ... actions would speak more than words ... decide, plan and post lets meet then... yeah sure guys there is life more than kpl ... You are definately right here We are BHPians not kplians

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
1. If you want 10+ kpl from a Palio 1.6...then you really dont deserve a 1.6. Get a 1.2 or a 1.9D. The 1.6 is a scorcher and it would be a shame to see this car being driven for mileage.

2. I dont doubt the abilities of this pune workshop chap, and dont have to say much about the mileage figures he has achieved. I went once for a Zen mileage drive with the manager of Vitesse. Sure he got close to 19 kpl in the city, but the way he drove...it is a crime to drive a petrol engine that way. I mean...even a diesel Premier Padmini 137D would be faster!!! The minute the zen started rolling, he slams into 2nd. Then, before you can even say "KPL" hes into third.

Theres more to life than just the kpl...

GTO
Old 2nd January 2005, 11:27   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
Dear Moral,
i think u r talking about the OD article on the new palio and petra.maybe u want to say that the palio in 1.2 and the petra in 1.6 versions will be out with modifications to their body also.

maybe it was a typing mistike
but there is nothing abt a palio in 1.6.

cheers
Yes OD Page 16-17 says it is about Petra 1.6 and Palio 1.2 but the news about all models to be relaunched is from Fiat but news about 1.6 Palio is from Fiat ... Sameer test drives vhicles for Fiat before they are launched.. his riding helmet says TEsting to The Max... and trust me they do... I would say BELIEVE IT OR NOT... they have to test the cars for 5000 kms and the tires have to be bald by then ... thats their definition of Testing to the max!!! He would be getting the cars for testing once they decide to launch it....Its not too far... Wait on....
Old 2nd January 2005, 15:00   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

i aint complaining bout my palio fig ...
got 14 on the way to pune with an ac in the boot...
but if my driver is going to drive that car then let hgim get a good figure atleast
Old 2nd January 2005, 21:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

hahah,
hey moral...,
no one is doubting ur friends claim of good FE figures ,but still.....dont u think ur Fe figures are too high for anyone to accept.
maybe its kp2l(k per 2 litres).
like GTO said,the GTX is not meant to be driven like a maruti for FE.
still looking forward to hearing more abt ur Fiat friend.
Old 3rd January 2005, 03:12   #28
BANNED

Dude , if u want a car with average, then trust me sell the palio 1.6 cause it,s a guzzler, and buy ur self a 1.2 palio it will give u an average of 11-12 provided it is driven properly and not rashly.
the 1.6 is for car fanetic's who care nothing abt the average, the car give's u pure adrinal thrill with it's high speed and quick pick up, it's like a mini race car. the palio 1.2 also has enough power in it to race a 1.3 honda city, and also give's u a better average.
just a suggestion...... U are lucky over all Palio1.6 is an amazing car.
Old 3rd January 2005, 07:53   #29
BHPian

shldnt Fiat employ this guy and use his talents I mean if they can manage to get even a FE of 13+ on any fiat model they will incinerate the compettion
Old 3rd January 2005, 08:09   #30

thnx a ton! i'll chk out the cat and the fuel pressure regulator.... i got 18 kmpl once when i was driving down to b'lore. the car was fully loaded and i was doing 90-100 kmph. the palio as such is a very good car its the dealers that are killing it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks