Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 20:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi agentsmith,
Did you get the windshield replaced through WE? If so how was the quality of the overall job and that of the replaced shield?
I haven't yet replaced it. Busy at work :( Hopefully, shall do it, this weekend.
Old 2nd March 2008, 10:47   #17
BHPian

Verna Windshield crack

Hi,
Last weekend my Verna's front windshield was hit by a stone from an oncoming lorry. It happened on the Thirunelveli - Madurai highway.
Although the point of impact was on the lower side of the glass, may be due to the high speeds, a couple of cracks developed in a V shape and they are growing fast.
Yesterday contacted the Hyundai Service Centre at PTP Nagar, and they quoted 8600/- for windshield replacement (4000 for glass + 2000 for sealant + another 2000 for rubber/beading/labor??) etc. They confirmed that they will be using Hyundai authorized replacement only. It will take 36 hrs for the replacement.
Shall I go with the dealer or does anybody know whether Windshield Experts have a branch in Trivandrum? Please suggest your opinion.

Thanks
Vivek
Old 2nd March 2008, 12:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Hi,
Last weekend my Verna's front windshield was hit by a stone from an oncoming lorry. It happened on the Thirunelveli - Madurai highway.
Although the point of impact was on the lower side of the glass, may be due to the high speeds, a couple of cracks developed in a V shape and they are growing fast.
Yesterday contacted the Hyundai Service Centre at PTP Nagar, and they quoted 8600/- for windshield replacement (4000 for glass + 2000 for sealant + another 2000 for rubber/beading/labor??) etc. They confirmed that they will be using Hyundai authorized replacement only. It will take 36 hrs for the replacement.
Shall I go with the dealer or does anybody know whether Windshield Experts have a branch in Trivandrum? Please suggest your opinion.

Thanks
Vivek
winshield experts have a very user friendly website..check that out

they also have a section where they talk about types of cracks/chips that DO NOT need windshield replacement and can be repaired..

typically their showroom also has samples of such windshields before and after repairs...

go there and take their best quote..they are ALWAYS cheaper than A.S.S

i have tried them just 1 month back for both rear and front winshield...
Old 2nd March 2008, 15:16   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post

Thanks
Vivek
Given an option, going with WE is more practical and economical. I had a stone flung from the tyres of lorry in front resulting in a coin-sized damage to the windscreen. WE repaired it beautifully for Rs 500/-.

Their Kerala port-of-call is Cochin: WSE Network
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2008, 16:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Vivek ,it seems to be a reasonable quote given to you.Dont you get the claim from the insurance guys.
ram
Old 2nd March 2008, 16:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend the WSE services. Although Ive not personally used, I know of some friends who have and its much more economical and professional than your A. S. Service..
Old 2nd March 2008, 21:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Given an option, going with WE is more practical and economical. I had a stone flung from the tyres of lorry in front resulting in a coin-sized damage to the windscreen. WE repaired it beautifully for Rs 500/-.

Their Kerala port-of-call is Cochin: WSE Network
Thanks for this information. I'll contact their office tomorrow to see what happens. I dont think a simple fix will do since the cracks are big and there is a very small hole made in the glass where the stone had hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Vivek ,it seems to be a reasonable quote given to you.Dont you get the claim from the insurance guys.
ram
Yes, it seems a reasonable quote. I just wanted to get a quote, if possible, from WSE as well before proceeding further. Regarding the insurance, dont want to go for that since i dont want to loose the 50% NCB.
Old 2nd March 2008, 22:53   #23
BHPian

wait till your insurance renewal is due for say about 15 days, pay the renewal premium in advance so that no vehicle inspection is necessary, get the insurance renewed by claiming no claim bonus and make a claim on the renewed insurance policy so that you dont lose on the no claim bonus. (profitable only if you have not made any claims on the current policy)
Old 4th July 2009, 22:28   #24
BHPian

I called WE and they acted really weird. They said they will come to my place but never came. I kept phoning them and they just said that they are coming. I waited for hours. :(

The people at Worli are just not good enough.

I do not advise anyone WE as they are not Professionals.
Old 19th June 2011, 23:20   #25
BHPian

Re: Insurance claim for broken windshield

Just saw a big crack on the Windscreen of my i20, which is in a parked position for over a week. :(
Even worse , I had a 3M CR70 sunfilm installed on the windshield when i bought the car. Guess its money down the drain now.
I have a TATA Aig policy up for renewal in mid August.(For glass - nil deduction)

Need members help on
1. Expected Cost of replacement and time taken.
2. Own fund Vs insurance , better choice. (No claim till date for 2 years). Windscreen replacement impacts NCB?
Old 20th June 2011, 16:01   #26
BHPian

The expected cost of windshield for an i20 at Windshield Experts would be 9k out of which you would roughly end up shelling out 1.5k. Time taken is around 2-3 hours. Basically they replace the windshield in 30-45 mins and the car has to be kept stationary for at least 2 hours. You will be required to drive carefully for a couple of days. Once the glue dries fully then you can drive normally.

Regarding the NCB - windscreen replacement will most definitely impact it (if done through insurance). I guess your NCB would be worth around 5k when it comes up for renewal this year. So if you get it done from your own pocket you would loose around 2.5k over and above the NCB. If I were you and if I planned on keeping the car for the next 2 years I would get this done on my own.
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:24   #27

Is it some windscreen-cracking season? I too have my baby's screen broken. Went to Dhingra Motors in Gurgaon who quoted 1500/- as charges, 7-8 hours of time and 1 day waiting period to get the glass from the company. Tried contacting WE right now, but I guess they close their office sharp at 6 PM. Anybody in Gurgaon who can suggest me which is a better option?
Old 28th September 2011, 18:05   #28
BHPian

I replaced my 800 windshield yesterday . The claim is 100 % Bajaj Allianz so I only had to pay service charge ie Rs 500 nothing else . Windshield experts in mumbai are great . Mahim Mumbai.
Old 28th September 2011, 18:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotiyaa View Post
Is it some windscreen-cracking season? I too have my baby's screen broken. Went to Dhingra Motors in Gurgaon who quoted 1500/- as charges, 7-8 hours of time and 1 day waiting period to get the glass from the company. Tried contacting WE right now, but I guess they close their office sharp at 6 PM. Anybody in Gurgaon who can suggest me which is a better option?
WE should be a better choice for you. I assume the dealer has quoted 1.5k as excess payment over insurance. WE should be able to do the job in 2 hours and hopefully without any delay in procuring the glass as they generally have windshields in stock. Also I think the OEM for Tatas is Aasahi glass - the holding company for WE. So you should get a OE replacement from WE.

Also WE do not close shop at 6pm sharp. It is more like 8pm. There is one on the road that goes from Bata/Ghoda chowk to Bus terminal.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 18:26   #30
BHPian

We have windshield experts in Bangalore too - they are a lot cheaper than the A.S.S. The only thing is that I've heard that their glass (though equivalent in specs), is not an original part.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks