Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 09:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Change the windshield? Insurance or Payment Upfront?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

Is it same glass that we get at MASS/WE with the logo? Please let me know the place.
Yes Sir... same glass. You know the place already..Naharpur car market. Near Kumar Motors.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 12:22   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Insurance claim for broken windshield

I am getting my front windshield replaced from windshield experts under my Tata AIG zero dep policy. The front windshield also has the 3m CR70 film for which I paid nearly 8k, will this get covered by the insurance company at all?
Old 1st December 2016, 12:29   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I am getting my front windshield replaced from windshield experts under my Tata AIG zero dep policy. The front windshield also has the 3m CR70 film for which I paid nearly 8k, will this get covered by the insurance company at all?
Only if you had insured that as well, by declaring Non-Electrical accessories with Value, when you had purchased/renewed policy.
Old 1st December 2016, 13:52   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
On which I noticed that there was a film on the glass. I ripped the film out and there was nothing on the glass

Hate the fact that I had to pay close to 6k, when all that could've been done was have the film removed.
So, if I have understood, the scratches on your windshield were internal? I too had sunfilm (without tints) on my windscreen. But my windscreen has scratches from the outside- due to wiper movement, dust, the cleaning boy etc...
Old 1st December 2016, 13:54   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
So, if I have understood, the scratches on your windshield were internal? I too had sunfilm (without tints) on my windscreen. But my windscreen has scratches from the outside- due to wiper movement, dust, the cleaning boy etc...

Yup! There were scratches from inside the glass outside was fine, cleaner uses decent cloths and wiper blades are changed every 6 months so they are usually in good condition!
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 19:09   #66
BHPian

Got my Ritz(Model Year 2010)'s Windshield replaced from Windshield experts, Ramamurthy Nagar. Claimed insurance through HDFC Ergo and had to pay a total of 1700 rupees.
They were really professional and overall did a great job. Dropped my car at 12 in the noon and picked it up at 6 PM in the evening the same day
Old 21st April 2019, 21:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Dear friends
Have any of you visited windshield experts in Basavanagudi, Bangalore?
Planning to visit them this week. Have following questions. Please suggest

1. Will they have OEM Windshield or do they fix after market?
2. How is the workmanship? Is it comparable with manufacturer or dealership finish?
3. Can I stay there to see how they replace or should I leave the car with them?

Finally do you recommend dealership or windshield experts?

Please reply
Old 29th September 2019, 23:53   #68
BHPian

Vehicle: Fortuner 2015

This season water leakage is observed intermittently on the left side pillar. Primary analysis by ASC showed that its caused from windshield beading, and seems some minor rust formed due to that. As a fact, this windshield was earlier replaced about 3 years back, and that job seem to be cropping up now! (It has many deep scratches too)

My HDFCErgo insurance policy is quite detailed : have 50% NCB discount, Zero Dep, NCB Protector, Cost of Consumables, Engine & GB Protect, Return to Invoice.

my nearest ASC doesn't have tie-up with my insurance company. I have asked him to workout the entire project costing and what amount I need to shell out ? Anyways, without a tie-up, I may have to pay first and then await for the approved reimbursement.

How can I claim insurance ? (or is that dealer's lookout to "settle" ?)
If insurance claimed, hope all cost would be taken care, and no hit to my NCB ??

I also found link to partnership by HDFCERgo and WindshieldExperts - will ask them cost and process :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...r-service.html (Windshield Experts & HDFC-ERGO to offer overnight glass repair service)

valuable inputs welcome please, thanks a lot.

Last edited by pcpranav : 29th September 2019 at 23:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks