Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 01:45   #16
BHPian

These companies take us for a ride.!!
Dammit, why dont we have professionals who also give garauntee.They will make a ton of money and save us a tonne of money.Beneficial both ways.
Got charged over 2 grand recently for just engine flush and oil change

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th February 2008 at 05:46. Reason: post edited
Xehaust is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th February 2008, 09:06   #17
BANNED

Guys,

You need to understand some basics before going crazy about different charges.

1> Throttle body can be cleaned in 2 ways either on the car itself by spraying Carb/throttle cleaner(make do method) or by removing it from the car and thoroughly cleaning it via same process(recommended) which will ensure 100% cleaning.

2> Injectors can be cleant on a machine which also calibrates them and checks flow pattern or a desi way which involves using carb cleaner spray and connecting to a battery which pulses them. the 1st method is obviously more expensive and time consuming but once again the right way to do it. Not all A.S.S. have injector cleaning machines.

Viper
Old 13th February 2008, 11:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Guys,

1> Throttle body can be cleaned in 2 ways either on the car itself by spraying Carb/throttle cleaner(make do method) or by removing it from the car and thoroughly cleaning it via same process(recommended) which will ensure 100% cleaning.

2> Injectors can be cleant on a machine which also calibrates them and checks flow pattern or a desi way which involves using carb cleaner spray and connecting to a battery which pulses them. the 1st method is obviously more expensive and time consuming but once again the right way to do it. Not all A.S.S. have injector cleaning machines.

Viper
yes i totally agree with VIPER, might be the different methods of cleaning them causes charges levied on us to vary. So does it mean that 600 for throttle body clean and 500 rs for injector cleaning is reasonable?
Old 13th February 2008, 11:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
yes i totally agree with VIPER, might be the different methods of cleaning them causes charges levied on us to vary. So does it mean that 600 for throttle body clean and 500 rs for injector cleaning is reasonable?
Why dont you ask the service centre? Dont give them all the gyan or mention the charge levied. Just ask casually whats the method used for throttle body and injector cleaning?

Maruti may be using a standard. It would help to know whether you were taken for a ride.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Why dont you ask the service centre? Dont give them all the gyan or mention the charge levied. Just ask casually whats the method used for throttle body and injector cleaning?

Maruti may be using a standard. It would help to know whether you were taken for a ride.
ya maruti people where i go open the throttle body for cleaning and they have a machine for injector cleaning.
Old 13th February 2008, 17:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
how can u assure that maruti does not charge this much. on what basis.
On basis of what I or other people running Maruti Suzuki cars are charged in Ludhiana. It is an authorized service centre.

Quote:
boss come down to pune and see yourself. Injector cleaning is charged at 500 rs which does not include throttle body cleaning. throttle body is charged at another 500-600 rs.
This is sad. I have the bill in front of me. Injector cleaning for Alto costed me Exactly Rs.360/-
Above rate is at the biggest Maruti Service station here.
Old 13th February 2008, 18:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Viper
Hyundai Authorised service remove the whole unit & cleans the throttle body using a specific machine for that & still charges Rs.75.00 only.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:16   #23
BHPian

any good workshop in south delhi where i can get this done
Old 14th February 2008, 15:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Is throttle body cleaning and Injector Cleaning part of the service or we need to request it?
Old 14th February 2008, 18:34   #25
BHPian

Nope. Not part of regular service.
Have to ask specifically for it.

Good points by Viper. My injectors were cleaned this way. i.e. Dismounted off the the fuel rail and installed on the machine which pulses it while cleaner liquid runs through for 15min. Meanwhile spray pattern is checked via the glass tubes into which injectors are spraying.

OT:- But anyone knows if someone has this injector cleaner? Supposed to be the best in business. ACE Fuel Systems - authorized distributor for ASNU
Difficult to find one because of extremely high price. Around 4.5Lacs
Old 14th February 2008, 21:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Nope. Not part of regular service.
Have to ask specifically for it.

Good points by Viper. My injectors were cleaned this way. i.e. Dismounted off the the fuel rail and installed on the machine which pulses it while cleaner liquid runs through for 15min. Meanwhile spray pattern is checked via the glass tubes into which injectors are spraying.

OT:- But anyone knows if someone has this injector cleaner? Supposed to be the best in business. ACE Fuel Systems - authorized distributor for ASNU
Difficult to find one because of extremely high price. Around 4.5Lacs
Thanks.
At what frequency or when is throtte body and injector cleaning recommended?
My Getz has done only 6500 kms since purchase on May 2007.
Old 14th February 2008, 22:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Thanks.
At what frequency or when is throtte body and injector cleaning recommended?
My Getz has done only 6500 kms since purchase on May 2007.
do the injector cleaning once at 10,000 kms. throttle body can be done at 20,000 kms.
Old 15th February 2008, 07:09   #28
BHPian

i think TB cleaning should be much more frequent then 20K kms..what does the car manual say? i would say every service clean TB..
Old 15th February 2008, 10:16   #29
BHPian

I checked the Palio 1.6 service booklet....the 15K service has TB and IC.
I am on 14k now...I will check with service center (Shaman Auto) if they have the facility to do above stuff, else I may have to search for another place.
Old 15th February 2008, 10:32   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
i think TB cleaning should be much more frequent then 20K kms..what does the car manual say? i would say every service clean TB..
Hi,

I would agree with Arpandiv and go one step further to say that check, clean and adjust spark plug gaps if necessary, clean air filter & fuel filter(replace if necessary) and clean throttle body at every service which should ideally be every 6 months irrespective of how many kms you have clocked and change oil as per service intervals(or once a year) again irrespective of how many kms you have clocked even if driven very less.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks