Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 22:48   #16
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Have recently driven a 800 with a diy electrolysis effort. Car did feel good to drive with a marginal increase in power. But cannot comment on how much increase as hadn't driven the car before the mod. Current draw was minimal.
thats great. someone is already trying this stuff here in india.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
small doubt: Wont water injection cause damage to engine?
it is not a large qty of water. if you go through the manual, about 1 gallon is consumed over 6 months or so. very very minute qty, compared to the amount of fuel burnt.

Old 25th May 2008, 03:41   #17
BHPian

Yes quantity of water will be very less. Don't have exact details yet. Steel was used in either the cathode or anode. It was just an experiment so a glass jar was used for the time being. Will inquire about further details as i am planning the contraption on my car as well.
Old 25th May 2008, 07:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

well, when have H2 and oxygen combined in the presence of a spark, you need a catalyst (like Pt) to set off the reaction.
this dude is converting the water to H2 and back to water - as much s it seems to be really simple - the energy equation appears to be skewed. What i really liked about the website -
Quote:
SMALLER SYSTEMS SELL ON THE INTERNET FOR $900-$1,500 AND THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY
he's not rubbishing competition.
Old 6th June 2008, 19:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
If i recollect my memory, I had seen a program in Udaya TV long back about a car running(contessa) on water. The car belongs to government official. I don't exactly remember how he had used the technology behind this, he had some instrument in front of the bonnet, which breaks water in Hydrogen n oxygen seperately, n the car runs on hydrogen...
I'm not so sure .. Can someone highlight on this.
Is that Gentleman's name Mr Murthy? And his location Bangalore?
Old 7th June 2008, 11:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
If i recollect my memory, I had seen a program in Udaya TV long back about a car running(contessa) on water. The car belongs to government official. I don't exactly remember how he had used the technology behind this, he had some instrument in front of the bonnet, which breaks water in Hydrogen n oxygen seperately, n the car runs on hydrogen...
I'm not so sure .. Can someone highlight on this.
Does anyone know of a method to contact him?
Old 20th June 2008, 04:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Does anyone know of a method to contact him?
Here you go,

eBay India: Run your Car On WATER!! (Use This Conversion Kit) (item 320264465958 end time 20-Jun-2008 10:19:00 IST)

Someone from Blore. And 4k is a steal if this thing works!!!

Last edited by furioussphinx : 20th June 2008 at 04:24.
Old 20th June 2008, 04:39   #22
BHPian

For those who want the kit, can purchase it from the ebay link and this is a site whoch might help building one (DIY).

Run Your Car On Water,Hydrogen Generator,Water For Fuel

Guys, instead of hunting a car to try on, we can try it on some bike. I have old Kinetic nova just lying there in my parking lot, will try building a kit. Meanwhile someone can get an old bike for sub 8k and try it on the bike first.

Last edited by furioussphinx : 20th June 2008 at 04:42.
Old 20th June 2008, 06:44   #23
BHPian

HHO lol....
Has anybody here taken a chemistry class?? have you ever herad of a highly rective fuel called HHO??

How do you think the Probablity of Finding a new compound in somebody's backyard..compared to Ultrasophisticated Chemistry labs??

that thing is an entire hogwash.. And even if H2 is injected. H2 takes up more volume in the combustion chamber/unit mass (because of a lesser density) so I expect a drop in power.
Old 20th June 2008, 10:55   #24
BHPian

furioussphinx, that product is not what I meant. Both of those are scam products, in the sense that they package up free material and sell it for money.

Jomz, HHO is nothing but a fancy way of saying that the gas is a mixture of 2 Hydrogen molecules and 1 Oxygen molecule ( H H O ).
When water is hydrolyzed, they dont separate the gases, so the H2 and O2 form a mixture without combining. Calling that mixture HHO enhances the mystery.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Just yesterday was reading about combustion of salt water. But then it required some radio energy to be directed towards it. The problem was the output energy is less than the energy required to start a fire.

There are a lot of scientific experiments like these. But the problem is with the gain (or loss) of energy while doing this.
Old 20th June 2008, 19:08   #26
BHPian

The hydrolysis process is inefficient in cars, but the purpose is to boost FE. For that, theoretically, it sounds like a good idea.
Old 23rd June 2008, 17:19   #27
BHPian

Here is another video: The car runs on water tea or any form of water... Amazing.
Water-fuel car unveiled in Japan | Video | Reuters.com
Old 13th October 2008, 21:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Check this out for HHO Generator

Water car

Dwarak
Old 13th October 2008, 21:50   #29
BHPian

Reading the description of that video makes me feel that something is not right. They say that not enough Hydrogen was produced to run it properly and that some sort of frequency was in play.
Quote:
When the car runs on just the cell without petrol at times when it does i feel it is a frequency running the car not hydrogen.
Quote:
Ask yourself what is running the engine as there isnt enough hydrogen.
Quote:
While this video doesnt have all the answers or profe it will get us closer to where we need to head with this water car stuff
Downloading video to view in detail. Thanks for posting.
Old 13th October 2008, 22:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Building the HHO kit is given in the below weblink

The HydroStar Parts Kit.

Somebody who is technically sound may try and educate rest of us. I am definitely interested in this stuff and wish to retrofit into my gypsy

Dwarak

Dwarak

Most Viewed