Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 11:37   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
@ Praveen: Nice product there!! Just read through you site. Just wanted to post a couple of questions. Pardon me if they are dumb,Novice here on mechanics.

1) Would this installation cause any damage to the Engine on the long run? for eg : life of parts etc

2) Should the product be serviced at intervals? If so what needs to be done?

Cheers
Ramesh
Hi Ramesh,

1) No there is no harm to the engine in long run. So far I have travelled around 14000 kms with kit installed on my car and did not observe any adverse effect. Yes that is true that KOH fumes are not good for the aluminum casted engines. Hence to protect that, we use bubbler. Basically the bubbler creates a water wall between the booster and engine. So it has two purpose i.e. a) protecting the booster from back fire b) Filtering the gas and removing the KOH fumes.

However in my bubbler, I also use fine nylon mesh. So there is again filteration of the gas. I always recommed to connect the booster before air filter, hence there is another filter in the line.

With the above you will not face any issues with the KOH fumes even on longer run.

2) Ideally speaking it is not required to service the internal of the booster provided it is being used with proper grade of steel and distil water. I keep opening my booster for internal part checking and did not found any issues even after 4000-5000 kms running. The good designed booster does not make the water dirty, hence does not require any internal cleaning.

Turst this will help.

Regards

Praveen varma
pvar06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2009, 15:08   #62
BHPian

Praveen, hope you dont mind clearing up a few details.
  • Do you use distilled water? Cant we use ordinary water? What happens if we use ordinary water?
  • Can the unit be turned off? (like if we run out of distilled water)
  • Do you know the amount of KOH consumed per 1000Kms? How often do you refresh the KOH?
  • What Voltage and Amp are you using to generate the gas?
  • Does it run off the stock alternator or did you have to change to a bigger one?
  • Does your car use other equipment like AC, Music system, etc? Is there any difference in the performance of the car when they are on?
  • Did you have to get a bigger battery? Or are you still on stock battery? What is the Ah rating of the battery in the car?
  • Finally, what cars have you tested this device on?
Thanks for any information
srijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2009, 16:00   #63

Hi Srijit,

Following is the response.

1. Do you use distilled water? Cant we use ordinary water? What happens if we use ordinary water?

Yes I use the distil water. The ordinatry / tap water can be used but it wil damage the unit in longer run. When you use the ordinary tap water then the impurities gets deposited on the electrodes and this process slowly makes them ineffective.

2. Can the unit be turned off? (like if we run out of distilled water)

The booster should be installed with the reply, amp meter, on/off switch and fuse. So you can switch off the booster using on/off switch.

The booster takes the current when the water is available inside it. So when the water is not available then the booster will not take any current.

3. Do you know the amount of KOH consumed per 1000Kms? How often do you refresh the KOH?

The KOH is required only at the initial current setting subsequently you need only plain distil water. Say for 1000 cc engine you will be needing 5-6 table spoon of KOH and then refill using plain distil water. You may need 1 / 2 table spoon of KOH only after 2000-3000 kms of driving. In my car I have set the initial current for 15 Amps and since then I have drove this car for around 1500 kms and did not added any more KOH, but still current level is maintained.

4. What Voltage and Amp are you using to generate the gas?

The voltage is the voltage available at car battery i.e. 12 - 13.8 volts and current is depending on the engine size. Normally each 1000 cc required 1 lpm of gas and since my device produce 1 lpm at 12 volts and 10 amps then I apply 10 amps current for my Santro Zing, which is 1000 cc.

5. Does it run off the stock alternator or did you have to change to a bigger one?

No it is not required.

6. Does your car use other equipment like AC, Music system, etc? Is there any difference in the performance of the car when they are on?

Yes I am using my booster along with AC, Head lights, music system, horn etc and there is no issue with this.

7. Did you have to get a bigger battery? Or are you still on stock battery? What is the Ah rating of the battery in the car?

No it is the same battery ment for car use. The capacity of the battery is 70 Ah (I think).

8. Finally, what cars have you tested this device on?

Please check the details on NextGen Engineering Auto System - Home

Regards

Praveen varma

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Praveen, hope you dont mind clearing up a few details.
  • Do you use distilled water? Cant we use ordinary water? What happens if we use ordinary water?
  • Can the unit be turned off? (like if we run out of distilled water)
  • Do you know the amount of KOH consumed per 1000Kms? How often do you refresh the KOH?
  • What Voltage and Amp are you using to generate the gas?
  • Does it run off the stock alternator or did you have to change to a bigger one?
  • Does your car use other equipment like AC, Music system, etc? Is there any difference in the performance of the car when they are on?
  • Did you have to get a bigger battery? Or are you still on stock battery? What is the Ah rating of the battery in the car?
  • Finally, what cars have you tested this device on?
Thanks for any information
Old 13th March 2009, 16:18   #64
BHPian

I have gone through your website in detail and I would like to purchase the same for my M800 MPFI car. My car is running on LPG and Petrol.
Will it be suitable for the LPG car ?
How can I install the same in my car ? Is there any installer here in Cochin ?
What's the actual cost for the same and is there any dealer in Cochin ?
What's is the mode of payment for the same ?
Regards,

Biju
Old 13th March 2009, 16:56   #65
BHPian

Using the closed loop LPG kit

Hi Anjeel,

Great effort there. I tried accessing your webpage, but most of the date is password protected.
I was wondering if we could use the standard closed loop LPG kit with HHO generator. I have Getz which has been installed with closed loop LPG kit. There is piggy back ECU that monitors CKD, MAP, Labda, TPS and based on all these value gives input to a stepper motor that controls the opening of LPG gas into the Intake chamber. Now I am wondeing when my car is in LPG mode , I can easily reduce the LPG flow at LPG vaporizer by 30% and introduce HHO before the stepper motor. Now the stepper motor will determine correct amount of fuel (Now instead od LPG it will be LPG + HHO) , piggy back ECU will continue monitoring rest of the parameters like lambda sensors etc. What do you think about this design? Will it work?
Old 13th March 2009, 17:07   #66
BHPian

@Praveen, thank you for the information. Could you please tell me following:
  • How often you have to fill up the distilled water?
  • How much distilled water does the unit hold at one time?

ps: Are you sure that it is 70Ah? My Baleno only has a 35Ah battery
Thanks
Old 13th March 2009, 22:11   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
@Praveen, thank you for the information. Could you please tell me following:
  • How often you have to fill up the distilled water?
  • How much distilled water does the unit hold at one time?
ps: Are you sure that it is 70Ah? My Baleno only has a 35Ah battery
Thanks

Hi Srijit,

Following is the response:

1. How often you have to fill up the distilled water?

Normally I need to refill the water after 8 hours of drive (around 250-300 kms drive).

2. How much distilled water does the unit hold at one time?

The current design takes around 900 - 1000 ml of water. So virtually with 8 hours of drive I need to refill around 500 - 700 ml water.

Also thanks for enlighten me on the battery capacity. It is 35 Ah. In fact so far my battery has not given any trouble for me so I could not got the chance to check it seriously.

Regards

Praveen
Old 13th March 2009, 22:18   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrk View Post
Hi Anjeel,

Great effort there. I tried accessing your webpage, but most of the date is password protected.
I was wondering if we could use the standard closed loop LPG kit with HHO generator. I have Getz which has been installed with closed loop LPG kit. There is piggy back ECU that monitors CKD, MAP, Labda, TPS and based on all these value gives input to a stepper motor that controls the opening of LPG gas into the Intake chamber. Now I am wondeing when my car is in LPG mode , I can easily reduce the LPG flow at LPG vaporizer by 30% and introduce HHO before the stepper motor. Now the stepper motor will determine correct amount of fuel (Now instead od LPG it will be LPG + HHO) , piggy back ECU will continue monitoring rest of the parameters like lambda sensors etc. What do you think about this design? Will it work?
Hi,

Yes it will work. I could not get the chance to test the Hydroxy kit on the LPG vehicle but one of my customer has tested it. He got good mileage gain along with excellent pickup.

Hopefully by 15/03/09, I will be installing one kit of LPG converted vehicle and will let you know the result.

Anjeel, that is true that most of the time your website is password protected. I think you should make it free access for all.

Regards

Praveen
Old 29th April 2009, 15:18   #69
BHPian

Water the new Petrol!

Hi Guys,

Anyone know if this is "real"?

Gas 4 Free

Cheers,

t
Old 30th April 2009, 11:30   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if this is "real"?

Gas 4 Free

Cheers,

t
Hi,

Yes that is real. We did lot of installation and got the mileage gain.

Regards

Praveen
Old 4th May 2009, 09:35   #71

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum with commercial intent, and links to your website. We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2009 at 15:35.
pvar06 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th May 2009, 02:09   #72
BHPian

about water as fuel for cars

i came upon this article, which describes in detail, the running of our cars, not 100% with hydrogen gas, but as a supplement to increase the fuel efficiency. i request the teambhp members, who are in various diverse fields, to comment on the authenticity and the practicality of this article. pls find the attached word doc for a more detailed concept.
Attached Thumbnails
Water Powered Car / HHO Generators - Boost mileage & performance-hfigure6.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: doc The following file was recieved by Dave the Gravman via FAX.doc (912.0 KB, 1651 views)
Old 20th May 2009, 15:47   #73
BHPian

running your car with supplemental hydrogen

dear friends,
there are lot of research going on in this subject. running your car on water is not a scam or hoax, but not 100% running on water. water is used to produce a mixture of gas containing hydrogen and oxygen in vapour form, which when injected into the IC engine, assists the combustion process, making the vehicle more fuel efficient and smooth, with increased power, torque.

until now, researchers have advanced to a limit where this hydrogen gas injection, can be supplemental upto 35% - gauranteed. anything above 35% can warrant for alterations in the timing, oxygen sensor, ECM etc., which is still not specifically proved.

a normal "hydroxy gas booster" running at 20 amps current, making around 2 liters per minute of HHO gas, will consume approx. 750ml of distilled water, for every 500-600kms of engine useage. such a booster can give a fuel saving of 15% to a max. of 35% only. the max. gain can be seen in older carburettor equipped vehicles, or gas guzzlers. new engines (latest) need some more accesories like EFIE, electronic gadgets to alter the sensors, to make the engine fuel supply run leanly.

the latest of such gas boosters are now in sales in the USA market, Australia, and NZ markets. these systems use resonance to make gas from distilled water + Electrolyte, rather than by electrolysis.

the latest lowest priced kit sells for US$235 - for cars (engines upto 2000CC) and the highest priced ones cost US$1200 (for heavy commercial vehicles. i have given some websites, which might be interesting to browse thru, also a knowledgeable cruise, for those who are interested on such systems.

Hydrox Mobile - Make your own HYBRID vehicle now. from Malaysia
The HYDRO 4000 from USA
osCommerce from USA
www.aquaauto.com
KeelyNet 2009 - Free Energy / Gravity Control / Electronic Health / Alternative Science - 01/01/09

these websites are given not as an advertisement, but to know more about hydrogen gas generators and their FAQs, testimonilas, etc.,. so moderators pls dont delete this para...
Old 7th August 2009, 18:35   #74

HHO- It is really very interesting and tempting to many car enthusiasts. But after reading the posts I got confused on this subject and surfed some web sites. I found one interesting web link in which a healthy argument about this ( is it really healthy? I dont know, you have to judge their language, but very informative). So please dont miss this, read it fully.

Can hydrogen boost your car engine's gas mileage?

Regards
Old 7th August 2009, 19:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

Are there any safety concerns using the equipment? Does it require any special handling or checking for issues everyday?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks