Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 15:05   #31
BHPian

Thank you vishnu, I'm heading to cochin on wednesday, I'll hop into the store and check it out, I also asked a friend who's now in Thailand to check for 'denso' there as well, I'll have to wait till the end of this month to compare the two.
Thank you
Old 13th April 2011, 12:59   #32

Re: OHC Oxygen sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Hi VTEC Guy, I sent this link to my brother in US and he has sourced this O2 sensor for my 2001 OHC VTEC. I will be getting it next week. Just wanted to know if I can get this replaced from my local mechanic or need to take it to some authorised mechanics. Is it a simple procedure to change it ? Thanks in advance..
Old 29th July 2012, 09:45   #33
BHPian

Any idea where I get the oxygen sensor for my 2003 OHC in bangalore ? Please help
Old 12th September 2012, 10:46   #34
BHPian

A link for cross referencing Denso Sensors

[COLOR=#810081]http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Catalogues/DENSO_Oxygen_sensor_CROSS_catalogue.pdf[/COLOR]
Old 11th October 2012, 22:09   #35
BHPian

I have recently started to face very low mileage in my OHC. It fell from 11 to 9.. Is it possible that it could be due to bad O2 sensor? Is there a DIY way to test it?
Old 16th October 2012, 14:23   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I have recently started to face very low mileage in my OHC. It fell from 11 to 9.. Is it possible that it could be due to bad O2 sensor? Is there a DIY way to test it?
It could be , but the sensor issue will bring the engine malfunction light on . You have to decode it to see if the issue is from O2 . My much awaited Denso O2 sensor is delivered from Amazon yestuday need to replace it , waiting for the weekend . Need to identify a local mechanic who can fix it at cochin any leads will help.
Old 16th October 2012, 15:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
It could be , but the sensor issue will bring the engine malfunction light on . You have to decode it to see if the issue is from O2 . My much awaited Denso O2 sensor is delivered from Amazon yestuday need to replace it , waiting for the weekend . Need to identify a local mechanic who can fix it at cochin any leads will help.
Actually, I did have my CEL light on some time ago .. but back then one of the mechanics who took the car managed to get it turned off.. he said that he had just reset the ECU. I wasn't there to check out what had actually transpired in his garage..

Would pete's at cochin help with this?
Old 17th October 2012, 11:56   #38
BHPian

If the O2 is gone the CEL will be back in few days. unless it is totaly disconnected by the mechanic. Another easy way to confirm is to do a pollution test it will emit more . Also there will be a different smell when you are near the exhaust.
vinu_pm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 14:56   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
If the O2 is gone the CEL will be back in few days. unless it is totaly disconnected by the mechanic. Another easy way to confirm is to do a pollution test it will emit more . Also there will be a different smell when you are near the exhaust.
In that case I guess all is well, the CEl blinks for a second during ignition, ad there isn't any strange smell that I have sensed as yet. Thanks!
Old 29th September 2016, 22:29   #40
BHPian

Apologies for retrieving the old thread, can someone help me finding this oxygen sensor connector in Bangalore?
I am not aware to which vehicle this belongs, but I am in need of this type of connectors.
Thanks !!
Attached Thumbnails
OHC Oxygen sensor-1jzgte_usdm_o2_sensor_connector__50199.1442641096.300.200.jpg  

Old 29th September 2016, 23:11   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
Apologies for retrieving the old thread, can someone help me finding this oxygen sensor connector in Bangalore?
I am not aware to which vehicle this belongs, but I am in need of this type of connectors.
Not sure of you are comfortable shopping online, If you are then here is the link of AliExpress.

Do see if you get any suitable ones:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...onnector+honda

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th September 2016 at 23:13.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks