Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:15   #31
BHPian

Since most of us are looking for an alternative / external solution for denting and painting related queries. Why dont we compile a list of such bodies/workshops in each city.

I am sure this will be a big help to a lot of us and new comers to just browse through the list and check the same.

I think we could also include some reliable garages for other issues.

Cheers
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:10   #32
BANNED

Body shops hyderbad

1. New Mars Musapet X Road Hyderabad
2. Brundraban Body Shop, Near Rail Nilayam , Secundrabad
Old 8th July 2009, 16:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Since most of us are looking for an alternative / external solution for denting and painting related queries. Why dont we compile a list of such bodies/workshops in each city.

I am sure this will be a big help to a lot of us and new comers to just browse through the list and check the same.

Cheers

Can anyone recommend a reliable garage in bombay suburbs for fixing dents and painting ?
Old 8th July 2009, 18:00   #34
BHPian

Directories/Data-Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post

Cheers
Respected Moderators - Can we create some dedicated threads or data banks categorically distinguised as Directories for various auto aftermarket maintenance/accessory reference city-wise.
Just like we have the Store/Tuners drop downs under the main site header "MORE".

Just a suggestion which crossed my mind hence voiced it. Blame my ignorance for not having seen it if its already there.
Old 5th January 2010, 10:09   #35
BHPian

Does anyone know a decently good dry denter in East bangalore area, specifically in marthalli or Indiranagar area.

Thanks and Regards,
Old 5th January 2010, 10:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Does anyone know a decently good dry denter in East bangalore area, specifically in marthalli or Indiranagar area.

Thanks and Regards,
Try Hot Tracks, next to Indranagar BDA Complex.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:24   #37
BHPian

Anyone know a good denting, painting place in Delhi, apart from the A.S.S. and biggies like Pandit etc.?
Old 4th September 2010, 21:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

My car recenlty had a minor accident which left the right rear door damaged along with the rear fender.Now the garage where i got the denting done did up the dents and the only job remaining is the painting.

Trouble is he was not able to do the paint job due to the rains (that was his excuse) and it's been a week since the door is done with no paint.They have put red oxide or whatever it's called.

I called up the garage guy and he's been given excuses like painter's not well etc and i not sure i will be able to get the door painted from him so i was thinking approach MASS since they may have a paint booth.

So how much will coloring a rear door of the 800 cost at MASS.The surface area to be painted is not much , its the section around the door handle and a large patch below it and also a scratch on the fender.It's a non metallic white color.I have already paid the guy 2k for denting and also for fixing bonnet hinges.I was quoted 2800 bucks for the entire job including painting at the garage.

thanks

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 4th September 2010 at 21:37.
Old 20th September 2010, 18:40   #39
BHPian

My alto was banged in the rear leaving me with a requirement of denting/replacement,
Took it to a Authorized service station who quoted 8,000/- for replacement saying that denting is not possible,took it to my local garage got the job done for 2000/-perfectly done
so its always better to have a second opinion than having a hole in the pocket.
Old 17th November 2012, 17:54   #40
BHPian

Re: Denting & Painting: A.S.S or Local Mechanic

Hi,
I have a Logan and some days back a truck banged my car from behind, my car dicky has been damage and require a denting job, I need help from fellow tbhpian. Can some one guid me to a good denting shop in borivali area, in Mumbai.
Old 18th December 2012, 15:21   #41
BHPian

Gave my i10 carbon grey car last Friday to V3 Hyundai (Chennai) for removal of a dent on the boot and replacement of rear bumper as it had a crack in it and got this done through my insurance. Plus paid cash for a dent on the left side running board and front passenger side door. They charged me for the running board and front passenger side door painting and dent removal Rs.4500.For the rear boot painting and bumper replacement which was paid by insurance company and my portion of amount for this was Rs.2200. Totalling to Rs.7700. The quality of the paint job was not very much to my satisfaction. The front door has about 4-5 tiny bubbles on them and i wrote regarding this on the invoice copy saying that they will have to repaint incase more bubbles come up on a later date to which they politely obliged. The driver side door got a 1 inch scratch thanks to car being parked at their service centre for 4 days! They offered to paint it but i did not want another crappy paint job on a clean door!
KUN Hyundai did a quality paint job on my earlier Santro Xing which had met with a frontal collision.
Old 18th December 2012, 16:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Hi,
I have a Logan and some days back a truck banged my car from behind, my car dicky has been damage and require a denting job, I need help from fellow tbhpian. Can some one guid me to a good denting shop in borivali area, in Mumbai.
Hmm, bang from a truck at the back can be quite bad. I would suggest trying to go to any 2-3 local denting/ painting shops just to get a quote and then consider claiming insurance (I assume you have it) and getting it done from A.S.S.
Old 18th December 2012, 20:17   #43
BHPian

It is a well known fact that *** always charge a MINT even for a small job. Many a times the same job when we get done by an outsider not only costs much less but the quality of work will be awesome only thing paint matching which should be handled with lot of care and meticulousness besides quality of tinkering which goes a long way in restoring the original shape/lines etc
Old 19th December 2012, 22:03   #44
BHPian

I recently got my Lancer(White-Solid) dented and painted by a local garage. The front right fender was completely smashed by someone when i parked it near my house.. I tool my vehicle to Carz on Outer Ring Road and they quoted 5k for denting and painting work and said they can only deliver the car in 4 days .. Then i took my car to the denting & painting work shop in HSR 1st sector in Bangalore and they straight away quoted 2200 and same day delivery, it sounded perfect and left my car..The work was as clean as new with no complaints & regrets..A good deal!!
Old 30th December 2012, 22:34   #45
BHPian

generally i get my denting painting job at the local garage. Not only do they save on the cost but have the following benefits:
1. same day delivery, i stay when the job is being done, can attend to minor things like touching up
2. Cost is almost 25-30 % of what the service centre charges
3. service centres rarely do denting jobs nowadays. even a minor cut on the door, they will get the entire door replaced. The insurance company definitely takes care of it but each door panel replaced decreases the resale value of your car. Been through it while selling my first car.
4. For colour matching i had done it meticulously the first time at the Asian PPG paint shop. Then wrote down the internal code . Whenever i need paints now i just need to quote the number. I use asian PPG and the code is specific for it. It assures the paint quality and also colour matching

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks