Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2015, 17:26   #46
BANNED

Re: Denting & Painting: A.S.S or Local Mechanic

Looking for someone to do body work (lots of dents) in Chembur, Mumbai. Price is a very important consideration because it's a 8 year old car - don't want to spend too much on it.
Old 20th December 2015, 17:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Looking for someone to do body work (lots of dents) in Chembur, Mumbai. Price is a very important consideration because it's a 8 year old car - don't want to spend too much on it.
I have a good painter in Santacruz W. Does a really nice job and uses quality materials. Irrespective of the age of the car, cost of painting remains the same. Should be in the ballpark of 30-40k for a complete repaint.
Old 20th December 2015, 18:05   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Coming from Shivaji Putla towards Deonar, the second denter shop on the left after Deonar Bus Depot. He is very good. Does not do painting though I think. For painting, Mullaji next to Devabhai (The garage complex near Shivaji Putla) . Dont know how much he will charge.
Else you can use the denter affiliated to Mullaji 3rd shop from Deva and do a combo deal.
genesis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 10:08   #49
BANNED

I have used both a FNG and the ASS for my earlier Hyundai's. On my Santro I replaced the old rear bumper and got an FNG to paint it. On the Accent I got the ASS to repaint a damaged bumper. On day 1 both looked about the same, but the ASS work aged far better.
Old 21st December 2015, 10:22   #50
BHPian

I want to repaint my 3 year old Figo's rear bumper as it has numerous scratches, dents. Also denting job needs to be done on a RHS rear panel.
I inquired in a FNG shop nearby my apartment. He is quoting 4500 for the same.

Can someone tell me good, reliable garage to get it done? Any reviews of 'Pit Stop garage' in lane number 10, Kalyaninagar, Pune? I often see this garage flooded with luxury cars. So assuming the guy is good at his job.
Old 21st December 2015, 12:34   #51
BHPian

I have had minor scratches on the right rear door of my Passat repainted by the ASS. Being a dark brown oak metallic shade, they have matched the colour very well.

I would say the choice of going to an ASS or an independent garage would be based on the car and it's age. For example, VW provides a warranty for the paint as well as an anti perforation warranty, which will be valid only of the repair is done by the ASS
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 20:03   #52
BHPian

I have slammed the brakes of my petrol Amaze to avoid hitting a biker entering into the main road near our village in Coastal Andhra pradesh during my recent pongal vacation. ABS kicked in and the car halted in no time. The result was, another two wheel rammed into by rear bumper damaging it badly. In fact he was also hurt.

Pardons for not attaching the pics, as I have not captured any.
I have got my rear bumper repaired from a local body shop located at Rajiv nagar (Near Motinagar) in Hyderabad. The work done by that guy was really amazing. The paint match was also top class.

Shop name: Threelok motors.

I can provide more details of this shop, if needed.
Old 30th January 2017, 11:36   #53
BHPian

Any good reference to a FNG around Wakad/Baner in Pune? Need to get a bumper replaced and painted. Any pointers would be helpful
Old 30th January 2017, 12:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Any good reference to a FNG around Wakad/Baner in Pune? Need to get a bumper replaced and painted. Any pointers would be helpful
I'd noticed lots of small garages on the road going from Wakad to Jagtap dairy that advertised denting, painting, tinkering sort of work. However, no personal experience with any of them.

You might want to check this out too (though it's in Aundh):

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ml#post4120241

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 30th January 2017 at 12:34.
Old 30th January 2017, 13:38   #55
BHPian

Thanks Vikram. I have actually seen those but not sure of the quality of work there or the honesty these guys have though I have seen TForts, Skodas, VWs and many more expensive vehicles being repaired there. Maybe if any member has any speific reference, I can try it out
Old 30th January 2017, 13:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe if any member has any speific reference, I can try it out
One more lead , but do note that these posts are from quite a while ago:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2639133

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2823288

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 30th January 2017 at 14:01.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 15:50   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
One more lead , but do note that these posts are from quite a while ago:
Thanks a bunch. I completely missed Shetty's Garage. Have heard lot of good things about them including first hand accounts of a colleague. So will give it a shot this Saturday mostly.

BTW, if I am not mistaken, in Pune Shetty's have taken over carnation as well. There used to be a carnation outlet towards the express highway on the right but now it reads as Shetty's Services. However I am not sure if all of carnation outlets have been taken over

Last edited by centaur : 30th January 2017 at 15:53.
Old 14th December 2018, 22:39   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a bunch. I completely missed Shetty's Garage. Have heard lot of good things about them including first hand accounts of a colleague. So will give it a shot this Saturday mostly.

BTW, if I am not mistaken, in Pune Shetty's have taken over carnation as well. There used to be a carnation outlet towards the express highway on the right but now it reads as Shetty's Services. However I am not sure if all of carnation outlets have been taken over
Could you please share your experience? Where did you end up for the denting and painting? I live in wakad and want to fix one deep dent on my celerio.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th December 2018 at 07:01. Reason: Typo
Old 17th December 2018, 09:50   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Pearl View Post
Could you please share your experience? Where did you end up for the denting and penting? I live in wakad and want to fix one deep dent on my celerio.
I actually went to the ASC itself and claimed the zero dep to get it replaced. So sorry, nothing to share from my end unfortunately

However, you can surely try Shetty's garage in Vishal Nagar. Have got a lot of positive feedback for it
Old 7th October 2019, 19:27   #60

Alto complete body denting and painting - Need Advice

Hello folks,

I have a 2015 July Alto 800 that is barely driven in 4+ years (just 12K KM). However, the whole body is scratched, dented from places. Given the fact that I intend to keep the car for another 3-4 years, I would like to go for a complete body denting and painting (including the roof) of my Alto 800.

I need specific advice with respect to the following ~

1. What is the best place to get this done? Maruti dealerships or alternate providers? Please advise specific companies in Delhi who can do the job professionally.

2. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what it would cost? Can I claim insurance?

I plan to get this done in the next few months, and if you have experience with Maruti denting and painting shops, I would appreciate the advice. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks