Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2016, 20:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Radiator Fan keeps running, even after the ignition is off!

I have seen the Fiat Uno diesel fan run even after the ignition was switched off. Same for my Honda Accord. So in some cars this is a feature. Best check with the service centre to know how your particular car behaves.
Old 5th November 2016, 21:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I have heard about Fiat Palio's radiator fan which would run independent of ignition being on or off. In most other cars, fan won't run until there is a faulty relay or some electrical failure.
All said and done, I would never be comfortable working inside the hood of such cars where the fan might start with ignition being off!
Regards.
Not sure which Palio you would have heard about but I have a Palio stile and fan does not switch on when ignition is off. But yes the fan does run for sometime before switching off even after taking the keys off from the ignition.
Old 5th November 2016, 22:24   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Radiator Fan keeps running, even after the ignition is off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
All said and done, I would never be comfortable working inside the hood of such cars where the fan might start with ignition being off!
Regards.

Safety first! That's one of the reasons you should disconnect the battery before starting any work inside the hood!

The manual will mention this too

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 5th November 2016 at 22:37.
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 19:02   #49

Need help & guidance. I have a new problem with my Skoda Superb. Today, after driving for just 2 km, the car was parked, After a few minutes, no ignition key and car properly locked, the radiator fan is starting on by itself and then goes off either automatically after trying to start/stop. Skoda help is of no use at all. They say that use roadside assistance and send the car. As car is parked in my garage so that is not the issue of emergency. However, since past 4 hours the radiator fan is going on and off intermittently by itself when car is still, ignition off and no key and duly locked. I am novice in terms of car so worried if anything will go wrong or batteries will be dead by morning. Please guide.
Old 18th March 2023, 14:18   #50

Need advice for my VW AMEO - Radiator fan keeps running even after turning off

Hi all,

The Car
This is my first post on the platform and as luck would have it, I am seeking advice/help on peculiar issue i am facing with my VW Ameo. My Ameo is a 2017 model TDI, highline plus DSG variant which has done about 62000+ Kms till date. As every other VW owner i too bought a "VW" that too a "DSG" against the advice of quite a few members of my family/ friends. For the first 5years of running, other than the Annual servicing and a battery replacement the car didn't have any other issues. Out of the 4 ABS sensors i had to get 3 replaced in the last one year, although painful but that was anticipated as this seems to be regular issue with quite a few VWs.

The issue

I gave the vehicle for annual service in Oct'22 in Kun Volkwagen Madras, Alandur, Chennai. The vehicle was serviced at the same place from 2020. The vehicle was home delivered and as i was settling the payment to the service center personnel i noticed that the radiator fan switched on automatically and continued to run. The car was turned off 15mins ago and key was also removed. I waited along with the service engineer to see if it the fan would stop but to my dismay and his surprise the fan continued running without any sign of stopping. The vehicle was promptly taken back to the service center to investigate further. The initial responses were that the fan motor is faulty/ the battery is faulty (i was using Amaron for about 4years). I didn't find them reasonable and refused to accept them. After 3 days exchanging the phone calls the car was finally delivered to me and the reason they mentioned was there was a faulty earthing in the fan motor. Thankfully though the issue didn't occur again. Cut to Feb'23 the 3rd ABS speed sensor failed and i had to get it replaced. This time sensor was replaced in VW service center in arcot road, Chennai. Two days after the sensor was replaced the issue started again. So currently whenever the vehicle is turned off within 5mins the radiator fan starts on its own and keeps running till the key is inserted back. The vehicle is sent to VW service center in Alandur and it's been 4days and they have no clue what the issue is.
If any of you have faced such issue or if you have any suggestions or advice on how to address this kindly let me know. I am currently
Any help is welcome, Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks