Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 12:23   #586
Senior - BHPian

Final Update on the hesitation problem

As I was following up with TML on the replacement for others I have got an update from them.

- Unfortunately ERC was not able to detect the problem using the data collected from our vehicles and from their own test vehicles.

- Since it was taking long for analysis and tests at their end, CS proactively changed a probable part as a stop-gap arrangement for customer satisfaction/ goodwill gesture.

- Finally, ERC has reported no issues with the OEM Factory fitted part and confirmed it does not cause any performance or other related problems. There is no need for any change.

Probably this is reason that noone else got a call for replacement as ERC did not issue a Service bulletin for this as compared to the damper pulley change.

Now I am also puzzled, was I experiencing changes due to my perception or since the part was new with no carbon buildup inside, if yes, then I will keep my fingers crossed till another 8k kms run (when the problems were seen earlier).

Well I tried but dont know if this effort was wasted or a learning experience, anyhow they also assured that they are committed to resolve any problems that are reported, I guess that's a positive attitude of TML.

There will be no further updates from me on this now as there is nothing more to add .

Thank you all for participating in my survey(via PM) and the cooperation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
And the EGR they got for you is just a new piece or a modded one?
I can confirm this now as this part is just another one running in the factory assembly lines and not developed due to our reported problem(no mod). And I was initially wondering "wow" they developed a new part based on our feedback, high hopes I guess .
Old 26th February 2009, 12:56   #587
Senior - BHPian

I get service light when I rev up in 2nd gear or so and then coast. Will redo test today if I remember to!

The 80kmph test said by Tsk failed for me.
Old 26th February 2009, 13:10   #588
Team-BHP Support

Check the error. If its Rail pressure sensor related error, then advance congrats on the new injectors
Old 26th February 2009, 18:10   #589
v&v
Senior - BHPian

hi,
mine is a jan 2009 safari lx,
done 2000 kms

i have observed the fuel guage issue ie
the low fuel light glow before the needle reaches red mark.
After filling the fuel, it take a good 15 minutes for the fuel guage to show correct reading.

Is this a standard ? i ask the service adviso on 1st service, he said it there in all safari.
Also i too get the hissiing sound on full turning right or left. Any advice on this !
Old 26th February 2009, 18:13   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Saw service light on for a sec or so. I knew why; was on tsk1979 mode for 3-4days. I get 13kmpl

Back to my driving style. Red lining on lower gears helped push the carbon out after a week.
Hi JK,

Can you please elaborate what you exactly meant by this, I somehow could not relate it. Sorry

Cheers
Old 26th February 2009, 18:59   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
hi,
mine is a jan 2009 safari lx,
done 2000 kms

After filling the fuel, it take a good 15 minutes for the fuel guage to show correct reading.

Is this a standard ? i ask the service adviso on 1st service, he said it there in all safari.
Also i too get the hissiing sound on full turning right or left. Any advice on this !
Same here on my truck as well. But the interesting part is that if I am fuelling to a "Full Tank" the indication shows full instantaneously, but if I am just topping up, it does take some time to show the correct reading. Makes "TATA-Sense" I guess

Beware of the reserve level, just the other day, the needle was the half-way in the red band, I parked and guess what the vehicle wouldn't start later . Had to go all the pump with a can.
No more reserves for me!!!
Old 26th February 2009, 20:06   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Same here on my truck as well. But the interesting part is that if I am fuelling to a "Full Tank" the indication shows full instantaneously, but if I am just topping up, it does take some time to show the correct reading. Makes "TATA-Sense" I guess

Beware of the reserve level, just the other day, the needle was the half-way in the red band, I parked and guess what the vehicle wouldn't start later . Had to go all the pump with a can.
No more reserves for me!!!
I too have agreed!!
On my recent return from Corbett I filled up diesel for 500 bucks and it took a long time for the needle to rise. I found it strange as I always fill to the max, tank full to tank full, but this time I was in kashipur and dint trust the petrol pumps there.
Quite Strange.
At one time I thought that the petrol pump attendant dint actually fill up in the car, as I went to the loo when he was filling up the diesel.
Old 26th February 2009, 20:23   #593
BANNED

The fuel indicator does take a while to move esp. when filling from near empty to a full tank. Nothing to worry about.
Old 26th February 2009, 20:57   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
The fuel indicator does take a while to move esp. when filling from near empty to a full tank. Nothing to worry about.
Yeah, same behaviour on the OHC, Pulsar as well.
Old 26th February 2009, 21:22   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

dadu:

It is possible that the particular part in your vehicle had a manufacturing defect. If this was a case of bad design, it would surely have showed up in a lot more vehicles.
Old 26th February 2009, 21:45   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
As I was following up with TML on the replacement for others I have got an update from them.
Now I am also puzzled, was I experiencing changes due to my perception or since the part was new with no carbon buildup inside, if yes, then I will keep my fingers crossed till another 8k kms run (when the problems were seen earlier).
Dadu first of all thanks a lot for conducting survey and taking it this far.
it is little bit strange but I have June 08 manufactured Safari and I never heard krr. krr..noise in fact I tired listening very hard and this was question i used to ask anybody sitting in front seat.

So may be possible what you got was being fitted in later Safaris .

But Perception do play a role take my example :

I posted observing a puff of smoke in 2nd gear and sudden acceleration after 1 sec just once and posted on this thread and got to know this is the said hiccup problem and I participated in Survey

I was not bothered at all earlier and thought it is due to Premium Diesel I have filled so vehicle is running rich at low gearing in city.

But my perception changed after the post and response I got and my mind was always busy finding the hiccup problem after driving for few days in bumper to bumper traffic but it was hard to recreate . I switched to System D and never found the problem but sometimes I get some doubt that it is there and my focus was always on RVM to look at tail pipe when in 2nd gear.

There are several possibilities in my case

1. Genuine hiccup problem which got solved by using System D in city.
2. Too rich fuel or bad fuel.
3. Accelerator pedal not lubricated properly or shoe rubbing with plastic wall of central pillar resulting in 0.5 to 1 second gap once in while while pressing peddle in 2nd gear.
4. Now thinking back this hiccup I observed almost always while taking turn over very bad potholed road on Jeevan Bima Nagar / BEML road junction and when vehicle was loaded , So may be the Safari accelerates suddenly when tyre comes to level metallic road from pothole spanning few feet and 6 inch to one feet deep.

Crux of the story as long as it is not a serious reoccurring issue we should take our attention away from it and focus on something else.

Last edited by amitk26 : 26th February 2009 at 21:48.
Old 27th February 2009, 16:52   #597
Senior - BHPian

[quote
Crux of the story as long as it is not a serious reoccurring issue we should take our attention away from it and focus on something else.[/quote]

I would ask the forum if above should be the case with me too.

The temperature gauge in my Safari ( 2 months old, 6000 odd kms) always stays at the half way mark. This when I dont use the AC at all. Curious, I checked the coolant level once and it was less than half and I got it filled accordingly( there are no leaks and i think the coolant was low since I bought it). Even then the temp gauge rises rather rapidly to the half way mark and then stays put.
This is strange , because in the other safari that I had, the temp gauge was mostly between 1/4 and 1/2 level. Is it normal or something needs to be checked
Old 27th February 2009, 19:07   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
...The temperature gauge in my Safari ( 2 months old, 6000 odd kms) always stays at the half way mark. This when I dont use the AC at all. Curious, I checked the coolant level once and it was less than half and I got it filled accordingly( there are no leaks and i think the coolant was low since I bought it). Even then the temp gauge rises rather rapidly to the half way mark and then stays put.
This is strange , because in the other safari that I had, the temp gauge was mostly between 1/4 and 1/2 level. Is it normal or something needs to be checked
RRSteer,

It is normal, nothing to worry about. Be concerned if the temperature rises above the mid range and continues up north.
Old 27th February 2009, 19:17   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
[quote
Crux of the story as long as it is not a serious reoccurring issue we should take our attention away from it and focus on something else.
I would ask the forum if above should be the case with me too.

The temperature gauge in my Safari ( 2 months old, 6000 odd kms) always stays at the half way mark. This when I dont use the AC at all. Curious, I checked the coolant level once and it was less than half and I got it filled accordingly( there are no leaks and i think the coolant was low since I bought it). Even then the temp gauge rises rather rapidly to the half way mark and then stays put.
This is strange , because in the other safari that I had, the temp gauge was mostly between 1/4 and 1/2 level. Is it normal or something needs to be checked[/quote]
In the 2.2's the temperature will stay put at half way mark and continue to remain there even after a long run. I've driven 1000 km at stretch and found the temperature to be exactly steady at the halfway mark throughout. There is no need to worry on this front.
Old 1st March 2009, 12:48   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
RRSteer,

It is normal, nothing to worry about. Be concerned if the temperature rises above the mid range and continues up north.

No Reason to worry Pal as long as it is below the red arc. Even if you miss that there is a small yellow LED which lights up when the temperature is in the caution area.
From my personal experience however the needle stays putt at the midrange mark however long the drive and However extreme the Outside temperature !!!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks