Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2024, 21:55   #6586
BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBird View Post
This happens for Tata Altroz XZ petrol without turbo as well. The car, the aerodynamics and the engine is capable of much more than 165kmph. Is there a hack or method to remove this nonsensical speed limiter?
Perhaps a remap can take care of the limiter.
Old 10th March 2024, 18:53   #6587

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Perhaps a remap can take care of the limiter.
Can you elaborate more on what is a remap and how to perform it on Tata Altroz? Any pointers would help.
Old 6th April 2024, 12:37   #6588
BHPian

Got the complete suspension overhauled. The steering developed play due to some bushes/tie rod issue and as suspension was never changed, decided to get everything done together.
Sharing for reference about the present costs. It was done by my FNG and I am satisfied with their work.

The electrical issue posted few posts back was resolved last year itself with some wiring replacement behind the glove box.

The car only drove 2000 kms last year as I use Ciaz for office commute. Eagerly waiting for a long drive sometime soon.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-img_68122.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-img_68172.jpg  

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 23:08   #6589

2013 Tata Safari Storme needs work on it's Engine

Hello All,

I don't know if I am posting this in the right thread and Mods feel free to remove or change the thread.

I need help in finding a trustworthy mechanic / garage to work on my 2013 Tata Safari Storme's 4x2 engine in Bangalore. So any leads or contacts in this regard is much appreciated.

Vehicle History:
My Tata Safari has clocked 1,76,000 kms on the odo. Always serviced at TATA Motors authorised service centres every 15000 kms or one year on the dot. Never skimped on recommended repairs or service.

Service History:
1. Oil change and Oil Filter change every year or 15k kms, AC Filter replaced yearly.
2. Brake Pads changed regularly.
3. Tyres changed Thrice. (All 4 tyres)
4. Timing belt and associated parts changed first at 90k and then recently at 175000.
5. Tie rods replacement thrice.
6. Clutch plate replacement twice.
7. Battery replaced twice.

Unscheduled Repairs:
1. Windshield replacement due to crack on highway.
2. Rear suspension replaced under warranty.
3. Catalytic converter replaced.
4. Propeller shaft universal joint replaced.
5. Central locking wiring repairs.
6. AC line / hose replacement.
7. Fuel pump replacement.

Reason for current repair:
When I had dropped off my car at 175000 km service, the service advisor informed me that the timing belt needs replacement since it had been 5 years since it was replaced last. I have always been careful getting it replaced ahead of time since I know the cost of not changing it on time and it breaking while on the road. And to my bad luck, that's exactly what happened. At 176000 on the odo, barely a thousand kms after the replacement, the belt broke in the middle of nowhere. I got the vehicle towed to a nearby garage and this is the first time I let a person not authorised by TATA Motors work on my car. And he claimed a wrong tensioner was installed during the recent belt replacement that has led the belt to break. The damage? Rocker arms and valves damage. Anyway he claimed to have made the necessary repairs and it has been a couple of months since those repairs and the vehicle has never been the same. Diesel leakage, coolant leakage, sound from the engine to name a few. I have decided not to trust TATA Motors anymore because they failed to do the job properly in the first place and secondly they failed to take responsibility for installing the wrong part and causing such catastrophic damage to my car's engine.

Many people suggested scrapping or selling it off, but the car has a lot of sentimental value to me and my wife and I plan to keep it for many more years to come.
So I need help in finding a skilled and trustworthy mechanic or garage in Bangalore who can look into the issues and work on the car. Any recommendations are welcome. I am even willing to get the entire engine overhauled because I am not sure if the damage from the timing belt breakage is limited only to the head of the engine.

Thanks in advance.
LC76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 14:47   #6590
BHPian

Re: 2013 Tata Safari Storme needs work on it's Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC76 View Post
Hello All,

I don't know if I am posting this in the right thread and Mods feel free to remove or change the thread.

I need help in finding a trustworthy mechanic / garage to work on my 2013 Tata Safari Storme's 4x2 engine in Bangalore. So any leads or contacts in this regard is much appreciated.
Sorry, to hear about your ordeal.

I would recommend that you go to the same TASS and ask them to correct everything that has gone south after their lack of workmanship.

I was getting my clutch replaced from TASS and after a full day of sitting there, when the car was started for the trial run, the clutch will not engage. They replaced the clutch again but told me that after a few days, they will raise a warranty claim in my name and send the defective clutch back. They did exactly the same. After a few days they created a service request in my name.
Old 8th April 2024, 16:14   #6591
Senior - BHPian

I am having a weird issue with my Safari 2.2, the whole car starts shaking like hell when it passes over a bump. I have overhauled the rear suspension but still the problem continues. The steering also shakes with high frequency, could anybody guide on what might be the problem?
Old 8th April 2024, 16:52   #6592
BHPian

Re: 2013 Tata Safari Storme needs work on it's Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC76 View Post
Hello All,

Reason for current repair:
And he claimed a wrong tensioner was installed during the recent belt replacement that has led the belt to break. ...

I have decided not to trust TATA Motors anymore because they failed to do the job properly in the first place and secondly they failed to take responsibility for installing the wrong part and causing such catastrophic damage to my car's engine.

Thanks in advance.
Hi LC76, sorry to hear about your Storme. Could you please let us know which TASS is this so we can stay away from it.

Also, always thought the timing belt and tensioners etc came in a kit and is specific to a model (Storme, Hexa etc) and it would be really hard to install wrong spares. Very surprising this happened.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks