Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2022, 16:41   #6571
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Previous owner seemed to have replaced fuel injectors
Best to have a scan done for error codes. This will give you a better information on what else could be done. There are too many sensors
Old 23rd February 2022, 01:05   #6572

Hello All,

Can someone please share the owners manual for Tata Safari Dicor 3.0? I could only find the manual for 2.2 VTT but not for the 3.0. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shrix
Old 28th February 2022, 22:47   #6573

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
Hey Guys

Here are the details on how I managed to fix the problem with the 4x4 system on my truck.
Hello,

I am facing a similar issue with my Safari Dicor 3.0 4X4. 4H and 4L lights remain on when the car is started, even though the switch is in 2H mode.

Was going through this thread for more information on this. Found your post from 2012. Could you please let me know the detailed procedure to check for the error which is causing the above mentioned problem.

Thanks in advance,
Shrix
Old 10th May 2022, 17:32   #6574
BHPian

Hello All,

My 2009 Dicor 2.2 has done 1.09 lakh kms and is single hand driven. I got front suspension done in December 2018 (odo around 1.05 lakh kms) at a good alternate workshop with all Tata OEM genuine spares purchased by me from authorized Tata spares dealer. Since then running has been low but, regularly used locally at least in 10-15 days, I take it out in the city. Last week got all tires replaced with Continental Cross A/T including balancing and alignment. Lots of improvement in ride quality and performance.

Now I am facing two issues:

1. For past few weeks hearing a sound from right side front wheel, while turning the steering fully. It sounds like wheel is rubbing against something! Earlier it was occasionally, on turning the steering full right only. Since yesterday, it has increased and coming while turning steering both side. Still from front wheel only.

2. Whenever a small undulation, small pothole, broken road surface, etc, comes, lots of vibrations, like jhatakas are felt at the steering wheel. Its very clearly felt. On smooth tarmac, absolutely fine.

What could be the reason for these two troubles?

A local workshop mechanic checked and told that balancing rod is little bent that is the reason! Could it be that tie rod and ends need replacement? or something else. Taking it to the TASS for check up, wanted inputs of fellow team bhpians which are always so valuable.
Thanks

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 10th May 2022 at 17:33.
Old 10th May 2022, 21:13   #6575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post

1. For past few weeks hearing a sound from right side front wheel, while turning the steering fully. It sounds like wheel is rubbing against something! Earlier it was occasionally, on turning the steering full right only. Since yesterday, it has increased and coming while turning steering both side. Still from front wheel only.

2. Whenever a small undulation, small pothole, broken road surface, etc, comes, lots of vibrations, like jhatakas are felt at the steering wheel. Its very clearly felt. On smooth tarmac, absolutely fine.

What could be the reason for these two troubles?
I had a similar issue a few years back in my Safari. There was kad_kad sound coming from extreme steering turns. It became unbearable within a few days.
The reason was lack of lubrication in the part shown in this image.

For the second problem, there are a number of reasons possible and I cannot pin point just one, maybe overfilled front tyres could be a reason.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-img_20201112_174504.jpg  

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 10:44   #6576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post

1. Check that the Engine Shield over lap is not fouling the tire. This is a common issue with Safaris after a service when they remove and refit the shields.
2. Unless they do a thorough job in doing the front suspension, this sort of issues crop up. I have a slight steering wheel judder in broken road surfaces and I was advised that it is not a safety issue and I can leave it alone for now. The front suspension has to be redone from scratch - I was told by TASS.
Prowler is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 10:48   #6577
BHPian

Need some help..
Yesterday I moved over a bump at a normal speed of 20 to 30 km/hr, which I have done hundreds of times earlier.
However, this time the engine started shaking violently, no power on acceleration and it appeared as if an engine mount broke. I immediately turned it off. I restarted and it restarted normally. I drove for 10 odd kilometers then Engine malfunction light came up.
As I was travelling with some friends for a party, I drove it normally, it was not on limp mode and was driving normally.
When we reached our place, which was 30 kms from the bump incident, the engine started juddering again and I turned off and restarted, this time also it started normally and the engine light didn't come up on restarting.
I attended the party and while returning, no engine light came up and it was driving very normally.

My question is: how serious could be the problem?
Will TASS get some saved codes on scanning as engine check light has not returned?

My experience with TASS is that they do nothing if there is no code, also, they just clear the code and ask you to return if it reappears. Once a hose was leaking(literally detached) and they asked me to return if the code reappears, which happened within 20 km, and they had to search and find the fault and tighten the hose pipe.

Please note, the car just came back from a wonderful 1200 km drive from Mahabaleshwar and it was a superb drive with some minor riding the clutch instances on steep hilly sections.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 11th June 2022 at 11:18.
Old 11th June 2022, 17:19   #6578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Need some help..
Yesterday I moved over a bump at a normal speed of 20 to 30 km/hr, which I have done hundreds of times earlier.
However, this time the engine started shaking violently, no power on acceleration and it appeared as if an engine mount broke. I immediately turned it off..
Not sure but i had a similar experience which was related to the TVD which the ASS did not replace during service (i doubt they even check it). Have detailed my experience below

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4554015 (The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread)
kochup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 19:52   #6579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Not sure but i had a similar experience which was related to the TVD which the ASS did not replace during service (i doubt they even check it). Have detailed my experience below

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4554015 (The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread)
Thank you, but this assembly is not present on Safari Dicor.
When I search Vibration Dampers for Dicor, only pulleys are coming up on Boodmoo site.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 14:24   #6580
BHPian

Update on the issue that I was facing (mentioned two posts above)
The car was driving normally but would start juddering violently on some bumps and I had to switch it off. On restarting the engine check light will come up and then the car will again start to ride normally.
I got some time today to get this issue fixed at TASS.
It was found to be a speed sensor issue. They got a code on scanning, which they didn't tell me.
The sensor was tightened and the issue appears to be resolved now.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 20:26   #6581
BHPian

Another update for an issue.
Had to get the speed sensor and cam shaft position sensor replaced. There was no engine check light, but visited TASS for some wiring issue as the lights were flickering.
They checked the wiring but found speed sensor error code (again, previously it was just tightened) and cam shaft position sensor error code.
Both of the sensors were not available and wiring check also had to be done, hence had to leave the car at TASS (first time in the car's history it spent more than 6 hours in TASS)
Anyways, the car was fine and all the sensors replacement and wiring check job were done well, however they broke the driver side power window switch! It was aging already but was working fine when I gave the car to them.
The problem was, that they did not had that part and they were not placing the order also stating that customers who ordered a month back haven't received it (surprising).
Luckily, found it available on Boodmo. Ordered it few days back and received it today. It is made by Uno Minda, which is better than the aftermarket ones available on Amazon etc.
It was an easy DIY replacement. Took 4 to 5 mins in all. The color is slightly different from the ones on the passenger side(image attached), but that's OK.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-img_20220829_201743.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-img_20220829_201756.jpg  

Attached Images

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 10:59   #6582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
I had this issue, the problem is with the electricals. In my case,Initially it was just the seat belt buzzing, then later on when I try to use the power window, it buzzes again. Gradually this has started up with my stereo also, all of a sudden stereo restarts. On a deep research, understood that it's a wiring and central lock combined issue. Got it fixed.

Cheers
Josh
Hi Josh, Hi All,

I have the very same issue. For few months, randomly the door ajar beep was heard sometimes. Then stereo started turning off by itself. Then the car stopped responding to central lock and I had to open the driver's door manually, put the key in the ignition (it won't start as immobilizer has to be unlocked). After a few tries, the central locking will come back to life, and I can start the car.

I showed it to FNG, they sent me to a car decor to fix any stereo related wiring. He fixed the central locking box under the driver's seat instead.

The car was still having these random problems.

Now, the car is parked, starting with some vibrations and the steering is very hard. I cannot even take it out of the parking.

Can you tell which exact wiring was the issue? I will get a mechanic to fix this.

I am also thinking of following this process mentioned in the video.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 6th May 2023 at 11:00.
Old 1st March 2024, 10:14   #6583

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
The needle will cross 4000rpm in neutral but the limiter comes into effect on the speed after apprx 165, you feel as if being pushed back by someone.
This happens for Tata Altroz XZ petrol without turbo as well. The car, the aerodynamics and the engine is capable of much more than 165kmph. Is there a hack or method to remove this nonsensical speed limiter?
Old 8th March 2024, 11:54   #6584
BHPian

Hi all,
My dicor's reverse lamp isn't functioning now. The bulbs seem ok and the parking sensor is also not responding now. Is there any connection between these two?
Old 8th March 2024, 12:45   #6585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDriver View Post
Hi all,
My dicor's reverse lamp isn't functioning now. The bulbs seem ok and the parking sensor is also not responding now. Is there any connection between these two?
Of course. The reverse switch, perhaps is the culprit.
Either the switch or grounding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks