Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 12:38   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good A/C Service mechanic in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguprasad View Post
Hi Blue Thunder, did you happen to visit Suresh? is he still operating there? Do you have his latest contact number? I am planning to take my swift to him this saturday.
No, I was not able to contact him...also, when I went to the place, it was locked, as he was out-of-station, and returning the next day.

I finally got the A/C work for my Gypsy done at Anandan Aircon (mentioned earlier by Shekaran). I am very satisfied and would definitely recommend him . Contact person : A. Anandan - 9385 550 555.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 6th November 2013 at 12:40.
Blue Thunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 13:28   #47
BHPian

I have used the services of Krishna, an ex Maruthi showroom engineer, who has also worked in Muscat for quite many years. A very reliable chap. You can contact him at 9710293887. He lives in Velachery, near TNHB colony (Behind Sri Krishna sweets), and his workshop is near koyambedu.

You can say that Shyam from Velachery referred him.

Shyam
shyamk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 15:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Blue Thunder, did you happen to visit Suresh? is he still operating there? Do you have his latest contact number? I am planning to take my swift to him this saturday.

When I bought my TATA NANO, one of the major plus points that I and my family noted, was the amazing AC. Now, 2years down the line, the throw was not reaching the back seat, neither was it cool enough.

As usual, the best advice can be obtained only on Team-BHP. So I came upon this thread and called Suresh of 'Suresh Car A/C' today and he told me to come over.

His workshop is located in Kodambakkam. Getting there was not so easy. Even a seasoned roadhog like me could not locate it. After many misses I finally got it.

If you wanna go there, you need to drive on North Usman road coming from T-nagar going towards Mahalingapuram. As you come near the flyover take the road beside it on the left (don't take the ramp). You will cross the 'RAMRAJ' shop, the 'NOKIA' service center, and then a little ahead you shall come across a narrow side street to your left. Enter this street and about 30m down this road you can spot the signboard of this workshop. You will then have to deftly manoeuver your car into the workshop which is tucked down a path amid some old buildings.

The workshop itself is quite run-down with just a makeshift shed serving as an office. Suresh has a story to go along with this. Before that, let me tell you, he is a gem of a guy. Absolutely 'no-airs', down to earth, polite (I had repeated called him when I couldn't find his place and he was guiding me without even the slightest hint of annoyance). I won't tell the story of his workshop here cause you have to hear it from him.

He immediately identified the problem with my AC - a choked air filter and less gas. His boys got on to the job in a jiffy. Within half an hour I was back on the road - a happy customer.

I told him how I came to know of him thru Team-BHP and he was really thrilled.

If my experience is anything to go by, then I would surely recommend him for all car A/C jobs. Guys, trust me, he is good and very reasonable.

Some pics of my filter (before & after cleaning) attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Good A/C Service mechanic in Chennai-dirty-filter.jpg  

Good A/C Service mechanic in Chennai-clean-filter-can-see-background.jpg  

aabidansari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 10:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
No, I was not able to contact him...also, when I went to the place, it was locked, as he was out-of-station, and returning the next day.

I finally got the A/C work for my Gypsy done at Anandan Aircon (mentioned earlier by Shekaran). I am very satisfied and would definitely recommend him . Contact person : A. Anandan - 9385 550 555.
Thanks Blue Thunder for your information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
I have used the services of Krishna, an ex Maruthi showroom engineer, who has also worked in Muscat for quite many years. A very reliable chap. You can contact him at 9710293887. He lives in Velachery, near TNHB colony (Behind Sri Krishna sweets), and his workshop is near koyambedu.

You can say that Shyam from Velachery referred him.

Shyam
Thanks Shyam for the information, Velachery is quite nearby for me, by any chance does he checks in Velachery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabidansari View Post
When I bought my TATA NANO, one of the major plus points that I and my family noted, was the amazing AC. Now, 2years down the line, the throw was not reaching the back seat, neither was it cool enough.

I told him how I came to know of him thru Team-BHP and he was really thrilled.

If my experience is anything to go by, then I would surely recommend him for all car A/C jobs. Guys, trust me, he is good and very reasonable.

Some pics of my filter (before & after cleaning) attached.
Thanks a lot Aabhiansari, thanks for the wonderful writeup.

I was just wondering where will i get a good mechanic in Chennai, I shall be going either to Mr.Anandan / Mr.Suresh. Shall keep this thread posted on the updates. Thanks a lot once again.
raguprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 12:29   #50
BHPian

Finalized on Mr.Suresh, fixed appointment for Saturday 11:00 am missed it due to last minute office call, re-scheduled it for Sunday 11:00 am, even though the workshop is closed on Sundays, he agreed, so kind of him.

Went to his work shop sharp 11:00, he came after 5 mins, I was happy that i didn't make him wait on Sunday as well. Immediately the work began, identified a leak in hot air hose, replaced with a local made, the hose had the same "Bridgestone" branding similar to the stock, but the finish quality (not shiny as Genuine Accessory) of the aluminium pipes wasn't that good. I had the doubt if the old hose were cleaned and new aluminium clippings were installed, but Mr.Suresh promised me that this would hold good for another 20K kms.

Based on his reputation from fellow BHP-ians, went for it. Fixed the hose, Pressure tested it for 30 mins, vacuum tested for 15 mins, filled the refrigerant (brand new canister -500gm with the seal - don't remember the name), wow after 2 weeks of hot air, my car & I was greeted with cool breeze. Surprisingly the tick-tick noise from Compressor also vanished, though he pointed out that there is a minimal noise from the compressor, I was inside the car & it wasn't audible from inside, which is a yet another big improvement. Charged 2500/- for (t)his Sunday Job. Paid him with heart's content.

Million thanks for you guys, otherwise I would have end up paying big to any one of the Maruti Authorized Service Center for their pathetic work (In recent service - 3 weeks back had the cooling coil & blower cleaned, they didn't even bother to check chillness, which would have made them fix the leak). When I checked the same while delivery, I was told since the compressor is weak, the cooling effect had come down .

There are very few good people, it is tough to identify them, but i find quite a lot of them assembled together in TBHP and through their references. Thanks again.

Now have to check a good mechanic for my dad's Honda Activa.
raguprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 10:40   #51
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Shyam for the information, Velachery is quite nearby for me, by any chance does he checks in Velachery?
The mechanic will take the car from your doorstep and drop it back at your doorstep if you are in Velachery and its surroundings.
shyamk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 15:59   #52
BHPian

Our c220 cdi had an issue with the AC taking a few minutes before it began to cool / cooling suddenly switching off after a long drive (~2 hrs). Raghav from Ignite garage referred me to one Rajan who has his shed just off OMR opposite Saravana Bhavan (before the first toll). He took a few days to diagnose the issue. Finally getting the compressor and condenser changed at a cost of approx 40k including labour. Transcar (Mercedes ASC) quoted 1.6 lakhs for the same job, so...

Rajan has not been 100% confidence-inspiring so far, mostly because he took a couple of days to get back to me with the diagnosis and because I had to wait around for him after making an appointment. But it's a large workshop with several other cars there, he does seem to know his stuff, there was another Benz in there, and he came with Raghav's recommendation, so am trusting him to do a good job.

Contact 9282145449 / 9840947249 (Rajan)
Perakath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 16:24   #53
BHPian

Another Suresh fan here. My A/C went limp on the way from BLR. I contacted Suresh and arranged to meet him at around 11 today morning. He got some background from me on make, model etc. and presented his hypothesis. In any case, he volunteered to check the A/C. He would fix anything low-cost and since my car is still under warranty, he'd point out any more serious issue for rectification by the A.$.$

Today morning, I got helpful directions from him from N. Usman road over the phone and was guided into the compound by his young enthusiastic helpers. {I can understand why people find it difficult to locate the place!} Suresh arrived about 15 minutes later and almost immediately diagnosed the issue, which requires a part to be changed. To help me tide things over until my service appointment, he topped up the gas so that the A/C is back to its chilling best.

I was happy to pay him Rs. 500 for the diagnosis, gas top-up and very honest demeanor. Two thumbs up!

Incidentally, his mobile number remains unchanged at +91 98413 19844. The other number mentioned in this thread and in his business card is at the shop and is often left uncharged/unattended. I'd highly recommend calling ahead to not only get directions, but also agree on an appointment. It is vital to have Suresh directing the efforts - the young helpers' well-intentioned enthusiasm cannot compensate for their lack of experience.

P.S. I mentioned the TBHP paeans about him and he was very tickled/flattered. I even showed an earlier poster's pictures of his Nano's filters, which made him particularly happy.

Last edited by BackInTheFold : 21st November 2013 at 16:27. Reason: Added TBHP reference
BackInTheFold is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:58   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
P.S. I mentioned the TBHP paeans about him and he was very tickled/flattered. I even showed an earlier poster's pictures of his Nano's filters, which made him particularly happy.
No better motivation than to publicly acknowledge a person. Suresh must be on the top of the moon.

Just wondering - Can the mods issue a 'T-bhp' verified service provider certificate to all those well acknowledged car service workshops or mechanics whom the rest of the Tbhpians can make use of without a second thought?
It could be a win-win situation for both. A plaque displaying T-bhp's verification on the doorstep of the workshop would be good for business, I guess... just my thoughts.
aabidansari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 14:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabidansari View Post
No better motivation than to publicly acknowledge a person. Suresh must be on the top of the moon.
Website link:
http://www.sureshcarac.com/index.html#about
Old 8th December 2014, 20:19   #56
BHPian

As posted above, I took my Alto to 'Suresh Car A/C' on Saturday. Suresh's boys who were there working on a Qualis, gave him a call upon my arrival and in some 10mins, Suresh was there. He instructed a couple of his boys to inspect my car. But, even before they had completed (one guy said that the gas is very less), Suresh himself dropped by to inspect.

Suresh suggested me against cleaning the condenser coil as it is very weak and it might break while cleaning incurring more expenditure (of replacing it with a new one). Instead, he suggested, to just fill up the gas which would do good for another 5-6 months and if I'm lucky, even a good 1 year.

It took another 10-15 mins to fill up the gas (a bottle with the name R134a). While driving back, we (my wifey and kid were with me) felt the A/C to be really effective.

All in all, I was AGAIN HAPPY with Suresh and his guys!

But, on a final note (rather, a question). My Alto drank almost more than half the bottle of R134a gas and I was charged Rs.650/- (obviously, including their inspection/labor charges). Is this an expected/fair amount?

Irrespective of the answer I might get, I will visit Suresh again for all my A/C needs and recommend him.
Old 27th April 2015, 13:02   #57

Took my car (NANO 2012) to Rajan (+91-984094729) based on the reviews here. He is off OMR @ kandanchavadi,Chennai. Needed some gas topping and filter cleaning. Overall spent 60mins and 700 bucks. The folks there did a clean job, no messing around searching for stuff. Diagnosed under 10 mins.

Irony being the car was taken back from 85000(i do a regular maintenance check every 5000 km) regular service from concorde TATA service center at ECR. The assured me the AC has been completely cleaned and even billed me for gas top up. I am not sure if i am going back there again for AC service

Overall i would recommend RAJAN for any AC related work. There were couple of mercs and Lauras when i visited the place.
sramven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 18:17   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramven View Post
Took my car (NANO 2012) to Rajan (+91-984094729) based on the reviews here. He is off OMR @ kandanchavadi,Chennai.
Hello there!

Thank you for providing a positive feedback. Can you provide an approximate location to Rajan's workshop on the OMR?

I've been thinking of getting the AC checked up in my car as well.
Since many of us live quite close to kandanchavadi, it would be a great help if you could let us know the location of this workshop.

Thanks in advance, cheers!
Old 27th April 2015, 18:52   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Hello there!

Thank you for providing a positive feedback. Can you provide an approximate location to Rajan's workshop on the OMR?
Sure. The place is located opposite side to Hotel Saravana Bhavan on OMR.

1)Take the service lane opposite the hotel, keep looking for hotel aryas.
2) The immediate left to the hotel.
3) you will find a TASMAC to your left on the lane. Keep going straight.
4) second entrance on the right is the place. Drive in and you will see the board.

I have tried to provide approxate google map location

Dropped Pin

http://goo.gl/maps/P9pul

Hope it helps
sramven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 18:59   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramven View Post
Sure. The place is located opposite side to Hotel Saravana Bhavan on OMR.

http://goo.gl/maps/P9pul

Hope it helps
That's exactly what I need! Thank you so much.
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks